Phillies better watch themselves.

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Braves creepin up the NL like....

martin-lawrence-as-jerome-o-1.gif

It's like the 90s all over again. Dominant bullpen, good bats, and a habitual base thief.

I dig. I dig. Somewhere, Bobby ? is smiling...

bobbycoxandfriends1.jpg

^^^^ LOL. Smh @ that Bert & Ernie bytch on the right.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL @ Houston giving their players away.
    I wonder if Texas can sneak 1 of their good players out before the deadline.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Braves creepin up the NL like....

martin-lawrence-as-jerome-o-1.gif
    lol @ greenwood using the french version of martin
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this a good move i was worried a bit because the phillies were making moves and i didnt want them to get better while we just sat around
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    When was the last time the Braves had two Black American brothas on the team with swag. Derrick Lee didn't have swag.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    When was the last time the Braves had two Black American brothas on the team with swag. Derrick Lee didn't have swag.

Wtf...no way you typed this with a straight face
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    this a good move i was worried a bit because the phillies were making moves and i didnt want them to get better while we just sat around

I like how they went after someone that specifically filled two huge needs on the team (batting, base burglary) instead of just going after the biggest names so ESPN can give them a mid-summer paper championship. *Shots fired*

Also, every team was trying to hit the Braves up for their pitching prospects (which is the best in baseball from what I hear -- some of them are even better than their current bullpen talent-wise.) And they managed to upgrade WITHOUT giving up any top-notch minor league prospects.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL @ no swag being the reason why Atlanta ain't been successful in the playoffs for a while.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options

Werd.

Like we didn't have one of the flashiest, most talented two sport athletes in sports history playing with the first dude to wife Halle Berry.

tumblr_lm2ehsfJ8M1qh9acyo1_500.png
    halle_berry5_180_240.jpg
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Prado-Bourn-Heyward

SWAG!

Phillies better watch themselves.

Umm yea...sure we do
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ayo Braves fans...y'all 6 games back. Chop, chop, chop, chop, chop!
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

You know I was laughing the whole time bruh. As for Shenco, Bourn wasn't in the lineup.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You know I was laughing the whole time bruh. As for Shenco, Bourn wasn't in the lineup.

And? Y'all ? was 6 back like last week too. Like Greenwood tells it, paper champions don't mean on the field champions. Either way, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Really Good pickup , Really good defender , True leadoff guy, steals a lot of bases...and all they gave up were peanuts and pine tar just to get him.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Good pickup for the Braves.......... Finally got a center fielder. And another brother.

I hated Schafer anyway, glad he gone. Dont like McClouth either.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Good pickup for the Braves.......... Finally got a center fielder. And another brother.

I hated Schafer anyway, glad he gone. Dont like McClouth either.

That dude is garbage...

and Schafer upside aint that high to me..
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    And? Y'all ? was 6 back like last week too. Like Greenwood tells it, paper champions don't mean on the field champions. Either way, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop

I like how you talkin' ? about a team that the Phillies can't keep the series lead on. You can have the lil NL lead. I saw how much good that did y'all last year when y'all won it.

Don't matter if you win the pennant if a team beneath you is still capable of whoopin that ass.

Word to the 2010 San Francisco Giants and the 2010 Green Bay Packers.

lol
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like how you talkin' ? about a team that the Phillies can't keep the series lead on. You can have the lil NL lead. I saw how much good that did y'all last year when y'all won it.

Don't matter if you win the pennant if a team beneath you is still capable of whoopin that ass.

Word to the 2010 San Francisco Giants and the 2010 Green Bay Packers.

lol

Aye regular season don't mean ? ....home field advantage throughout the playoffs kinda does. Last year the phillies hitting went through a slump and the giants got hot at the right time. The eagles secondary got shredded and we were still an underthrown pass from Vick away from busting y'all ass again in the playoffs. Even though it's still a loss either way 16-21 is better than 48-21. It's ok though Greenwood, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Aye regular season don't mean ? ....home field advantage throughout the playoffs kinda does. Last year the phillies hitting went through a slump and the giants got hot at the right time. The eagles secondary got shredded and we were still an underthrown pass from Vick away from busting y'all ass again in the playoffs. Even though it's still a loss either way 16-21 is better than 48-21. It's ok though Greenwood, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop

lol @ the "we lost less than y'all" post. The Falcons know they can beat the Packers. It's on record. The Eagles don't. Hence the Miami Heat frenzy y'all goin' on right now. As for the Phillies, they got styled on, plain and simple. Despite holding on to the NL lead *all season.* But yet you out here actin' like y'all ain't in the same bullseye all over again. lol.

Houshmazilly! "Championship!"
  • dan_the_man.com
    dan_the_man.com Members Posts: 701
    edited July 2011
    Options
    goddamm astros!!
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2011
    Options
    goddamm astros!!

Yeah, between them and the Bengals they out chea having a "going out of business" sale.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol @ the "we lost less than y'all" post. The Falcons know they can beat the Packers. It's on record. The Eagles don't. Hence the Miami Heat frenzy y'all goin' on right now. As for the Phillies, they got styled on, plain and simple. Despite holding on to the NL lead *all season.* But yet you out here actin' like y'all ain't in the same bullseye all over again. lol.

Houshmazilly! "Championship!"

Nah bruh we were the third ranked offense in the league last year and then went quiet during the playoffs(both series), also Cody Ross came out of nowhere. Our secondary was getting torched all last year son. The eagles actually had a chance to win the game at the end...y'all got dismantled. So yea at the end of the day keep on chopping atlanta fans
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if McCann can get back to a 100% soon the braves might make a run, but i still got the phillies and giants above them, and dont sleep on the brewers