Top 3 Front Offices/Bottom 3 NFL Front Offices .........

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
give your opinion and state why u feel each Front Office deserves the ranking . .

Top 3

NE .. Always and I mean always thinking AHEAD with a scheme ..

PHI .. Excellent gamblers and the last decade shows why their front office is supreme ..

Pitt .. They go about the old school way with integrety and faith in their approach .. this way of conducting biz has kept them in title contention over the past 5 years ..

Bottom 3

Dallas .. Looking for flash over substance has proven to be the downfall of this organization and the fact that the owner is the one calling personnel shots doesnt help ..

Oakland .. Look at dallas ..

Washington .. Look at dallas/oakland .

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    My Niners are probably near the bottom 5-10.. mostly bad draft picks especially when obvious choice was available in particular cases and terrible free agent investments/lack therof, hiring of inexperienced coaching staff put in situations where they can't succeed, no division titles or playoff births in a winnable division. Did I mention not ridding ourselves of the so called "potential" that is Alex Smith..

Got your work cut out for you Harbaugh!
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    give your opinion and state why u feel each Front Office deserves the ranking . .

Top 3

PHI .. Excellent gamblers and the last decade shows why their front office is supreme ..

Pitt .. They go about the old school way with integrety and faith in their approach .. this way of conducting biz has kept them in title contention over the past 5 years ..

Bottom 3

Dallas .. Looking for flash over substance has proven to be the downfall of this organization and the fact that the owner is the one calling personnel shots doesnt help ..

pretty accurate, and im an oakland fan
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    New England
    Pittsburgh
    New York Jets

Worst
    Oakland
    Washington
    San Diego- ill never forgive aj smith for that ? he pulled off last year!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    New England
    Pittsburgh
    New York Jets

Worst
    Oakland
    Washington
    San Diego- ill never forgive aj smith for that ? he pulled off last year!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    I think you all are confusing the Vinny Cerrato/Jim Zorn office with the Shanahan/Allen office. Past 5 years, yes. Now, no.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    hlf wrote: »
    I think you all are confusing the Vinny Cerrato/Jim Zorn office with the Shanahan/Allen office. Past 5 years, yes. Now, no.

You can't give a GM props on a team until there are results on the field. Being "under the cap" ain't ? if you're garbage on the field. If that's the case then the Buccaneers have the best GM's of aaalllllll tiiiiiiiiiime. lol. They won 10 games last year and had like 50 million in cap space. (But they spent 19M on a average punter with it. lol.)

Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons GM) didn't win Executive of the year last year and in 2008 because the Falcons were "under the cap". He got it because his decisions got bang for the buck and resulted in double digit win seasons with a young team that was in shambles when he got there.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    hlf wrote: »

based off of what exactly, John Beck at starting QB?
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I like our front office. Once we got rid of carl peterson ? been good. Pioli was a great pick up
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    bears probably have the cheapest front office
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Jaguars aint the worst but definitely bottom 3
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    You can't give a GM props on a team until there are results on the field. Being "under the cap" ain't ? if you're garbage on the field. If that's the case then the Buccaneers have the best GM's of aaalllllll tiiiiiiiiiime. lol. They won 10 games last year and had like 50 million in cap space. (But they spent 19M on a average punter with it. lol.)

Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons GM) didn't win Executive of the year last year and in 2008 because the Falcons were "under the cap". He got it because his decisions got bang for the buck and resulted in double digit win seasons with a young team that was in shambles when he got there.

That's not the only thing I'm talking about tho. U can't discredit this new front office because they inherited a ? ass team. As of now they are doing the right things for the future. You can't just turn around a perennial losing team then just start winning off the back unless u get super lucky in the NFL. Its a process, you should know this. Had the Falcons drafted that DT instead of Matt Ryan you know it wouldve taken longer to get back to those winning ways.
    ibedamned wrote: »
    based off of what exactly, John Beck at starting QB?

What would you do instead? Reach and draft Christian Ponder with the 10th pick? Or trade back to get another pick since u don't have many to work with in the first place and get another DE to try and help your Pro Bowl DE get to the opposing Qb? How bout draft an avg college Qb in the 2nd or 3rd round and throw him out to the dogs with a below avg Oline
    and no weapons to throw to?

With that said, we had way too many holes to fill to try and reach for one of those Qbs when were clearly in a rebuilding mode. Vinny Cerrato wouldve drafted one of those ? Qbs and paid Nnamdi 80 million dollars all while both of our lines still being ? .
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Top 3
    NE - do i really need to explain
    Pit- no explanation needed for them either, always in contention and grabbing draft gems.
    GB- draft geniuses, barely need free agency, the best team at drafting in my opinion.

Bottom 3
    Washington - where players careers come to die (at least for the moment)
    Buffalo - seems like nobody wants to go there and they don't make the moves draft/free agency to get anybody to come.
    Oakland - Al Davis' ego and stubborness
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    top 3:
    patriots
    steelers
    eagles or packers

bottom 3:
    raiders
    bengals
    bills
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Top 3
    Gb
    Philly
    NE

Bottom 3

Cowboys- If it wasn't for the Skins and Raider They would be at the bottom. Bill parcel actually built our team to what it is with talent but before and after him is a lot of WTF's
    Washington-lol
    Raiders-Rofl
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Please tell me why Philly is up there with no SBs. REally!
    Green Bay should take there spot. They got rid of Brett Favre right on time! And now they have a SB win with alot of subs playing.

Philly is top 5-10 becuase of the consistant play. They are always in the hunt for the NFC East div. but they get the old Houston Oilers status. Can never get over the ? .

Top five Front Offices
    Patriots - They do something every year and know when the tank is empty.
    Steelers - Same as pats
    Green bay - They have a knack for getting good not great coaches and see above
    Philly - see above
    Indy - Peyton is the engine that drives that team but they always find a nobody WR to catch his passes

Bottom 3
    Oakland - One name Al Davis!
    Redskins - Once again the owner just dont know when to put it in someone else hands
    Dallas - All that talent and they still have Choke-mo at the helm

Honorable Mention: Denver, St Louis (they are on the come up), Cincinatti (they gamble but they picked wrong), and Miami (Why are they torturing their coach like that?)
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Niners need to be in the bottom 3rd somewhere ? just for alex smith alone
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    BoYBe$T wrote: »

Top 3

Bottom 3

Can't argue with this @ all... and I'm a Dallas fan
  • caddo man
    edited August 2011
    Oh and I have to get Baltimore a nod for top front office. Once again one player defines the team but when you have the Steelers in your division and you still represent every year. You are doing something right!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    My Vikes have made some really good moves, but also some blunders.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    Please tell me why Philly is up there with no SBs. REally!
    Green Bay should take there spot. They got rid of Brett Favre right on time! And now they have a SB win with alot of subs playing.

Philly is top 5-10 becuase of the consistant play. They are always in the hunt for the NFC East div. but they get the old Houston Oilers status. Can never get over the ? .

Top five Front Offices
    Patriots - They do something every year and know when the tank is empty.
    Steelers - Same as pats
    Green bay - They have a knack for getting good not great coaches and see above
    Philly - see above
    Indy - Peyton is the engine that drives that team but they always find a nobody WR to catch his passes

Bottom 3
    Oakland - One name Al Davis!
    Redskins - Once again the owner just dont know when to put it in someone else hands
    Dallas - All that talent and they still have Choke-mo at the helm

Honorable Mention: Denver, St Louis (they are on the come up), Cincinatti (they gamble but they picked wrong), and Miami (Why are they torchering their coach like that?)

fixed that for you ?
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i can agree with the cowboys going for, or trying to go for the big play/big name guys, instead of building a quality team. for instance, ging after nnamdi this year wasnt necessarly a bad idea, but with doing so..you let go decent need players like cullen jenkins, and michael huff. now we're stuck lookin for whats left over....who goes christmas shopping on christmas eve??
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Dallas should not be in the bottom 3. They put talent on the field, and they're usually a playoff caliber team. It's not like from the Front office part, they aren't tryin to win. Jerry Jones is very active in tryin to get his team talented players.

Why does no one mention the Lions or Bengals Bengals had their #1 receiver, and QB BEGGIN to get outta town.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    we coulda tried to add more depth at WR, and o-line since we cut davis and colombo. can never have enough depth on both lines...

the fact that we have yet to do anything outside of resigning our own players (which needed to be done), still isnt enough imo. especially givin what the teams around us did. there's no reason in the world we STILL dont have a safety yet...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Dallas should not be in the bottom 3. They put talent on the field, and they're usually a playoff caliber team. It's not like from the Front office part, they aren't tryin to win. Jerry Jones is very active in tryin to get his team talented players.

Why does no one mention the Lions or Bengals Bengals had their #1 receiver, and QB BEGGIN to get outta town.

co sign this

but im telling ya the fact that nobody even though of the jags for worst should put them in the convo for worst

They dont make bad moves, They dont make good moves, They dont move
  • caddo man
    edited August 2011
    aone415 wrote: »
    fixed that for you ?

LOL, We need a IC dictionary fa real.

Irony - Ironing
    Torture - torcher
    EBRC - Eat, beat, raw, ?