Gunnin For That #1 Spot Full Movie...4 Years Later, Who Was the Best?

Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
edited August 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Was chopping this up in the barbershop cause all of these dudes in this doc, Jerryd Bayless, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Donte Green, Kyle Singler and Lance Stephenson were all suppose to be the next one and in my opinion 'Reke has shown he was the best out the bunch. Some dudes were saying Kevin Love but I'm of the belief that if Love was on a better team, he wouldn't be breaking records with his double doubles. So my top 3 are:
1-Reke
2-Love
3-Jennings
Who ya'll got?

And here's the full movie, if cats never saw it...
http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2011/07/movies-on-demand-gunnin-for-1-spot.html

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    shut up............
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    homeydclown-o.gif
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    kevin love easily... led the league in boards and is the only nba all star from that group
  • ysl313
    edited July 2011
    mike beasley's mom looks good too...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    1.Jennings
    2.Beasley
    3.Love (no potential imo)
  • ysl313
    edited July 2011
    1.Jennings
    2.Beasley
    3.Love (no potential imo)

even though he lead the league in boards, is the only all star, and averaged a double double more than i believe any other player last season? You put jennings who was hurt a lot of last year and beasley who is the 2nd option on the same team as love ahead?

why?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Kil889 wrote: »
    Was chopping this up in the barbershop cause all of these dudes in this doc, Jerryd Bayless, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Donte Green, Kyle Singler and Lance Stephenson were all suppose to be the next one and in my opinion 'Reke has shown he was the best out the bunch. Some dudes were saying Kevin Love but I'm of the belief that if Love was on a better team, he wouldn't be breaking records with his double doubles. So my top 3 are:
    1-Reke
    2-Love
    3-Jennings
    Who ya'll got?

And here's the full movie, if cats never saw it...
    http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2011/07/movies-on-demand-gunnin-for-1-spot.html

smh-o.gif....................
  • ysl313
    edited July 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    smh-o.gif....................

stat wise he was never expect to be "the next one" but many regard him as a solid service man and unselfish player.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ysl313 wrote: »
    stat wise he was never expect to be "the next one" but many regard him as a solid service man and unselfish player.

sounds like the scouting report for luke walton
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Kevin Love is a beast.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited July 2011
    even though he lead the league in boards, is the only all star, and averaged a double double more than i believe any other player last season? You put jennings who was hurt a lot of last year and beasley who is the 2nd option on the same team as love ahead?

why?

Love is doing everything on an extremely wack team. Put him on a contender and he's fighting for a starting position imo (remember he was benched for Al Jefferson of all people). He lacks scoring ability/moves, athleticism and defense. I also see little to no potential in him. Especially since he's already seeing the spotlight. People are going to start strictly concentrating on boxing him out when it comes to rebounds. This will cause his numbers to drop significantly. He's a 3rd option at best imo.

Beasley has a good offensive game. He lacks defense and IQ. I believe his basketball IQ will increase the longer he continues to play on team that allows him room to grow and learn from his mistakes. In the future he will be a top 5 player in his position. Just give him time to grow.

Jennings is extremely skilled. He just needs to decide what kind of point guard he wants to be. At times he wants to be a pass first, other nights he wants to be a scoring point guard. Once he gets this situated, he'll begin to flourish. He has the athleticism, the passing, the scoring ability, the defensive ability to be a perennial all-star. All he needs to do is keep working on his game and he'll get there. He's also a pretty smart player from I've seen. My favorite player out of the new dudes.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    WTF.....all them ? play for wack ass teams and you gon say Love's numbers are inflated because he plays for a wack team, but you're gonna put Beasley ahead of him even though they play for the SAME wack ass team. Naw ? , you lyin, ? yo opinion, Love prolly ? on your favorite team and or player because you are straight hatin on dude..

How does a ? averaging a double double and leading the league in boards have LESS potential than Beasley who is a bust AND an idiot....matter of fact ? , it doesn't even MATTER who has more potential than the other because Love works hard enough to actually TRY to achieve his potential, whereas Beasley is perfectly content with being an underachieving weed head third option....Beasley is a taller version of JR Smith with an even LESS consistent shot (as if that's even possible)...

This ? said "teams will start to focus on boxing Love out"...like that ? just slipped their mind for 82 games last year...hatin ass ? name should be "NothingButHate"
  • ysl313
    edited July 2011
    Love is doing everything on an extremely wack team. Put him on a contender and he's fighting for a starting position imo (remember he was benched for Al Jefferson of all people). He lacks scoring ability/moves, athleticism and defense. I also see little to no potential in him. Especially since he's already seeing the spotlight. People are going to start strictly concentrating on boxing him out when it comes to rebounds. This will cause his numbers to drop significantly. He's a 3rd option at best imo.

Beasley has a good offensive game. He lacks defense and IQ. I believe his basketball IQ will increase the longer he continues to play on team that allows him room to grow and learn from his mistakes. In the future he will be a top 5 player in his position. Just give him time to grow.

Jennings is extremely skilled. He just needs to decide what kind of point guard he wants to be. At times he wants to be a pass first, other nights he wants to be a scoring point guard. Once he gets this situated, he'll begin to flourish. He has the athleticism, the passing, the scoring ability, the defensive ability to be a perennial all-star. All he needs to do is keep working on his game and he'll get there. He's also a pretty smart player from I've seen. My favorite player out of the new dudes.

so, you sre saying love would be the 3rd option on a better team and his stats are only good because the team sucks. Yet beasley is better, is on the same team, and has lower stats then love despite playing nearly the same amount of minutes? You reachin doggy. Love is one of the best free throw shooting big men in the league, the only dude since Malone to average 20 and 15 a game, went 50+ games with double doubles something Dwight Howard/Duncan/KG/etc. have never been able to do. Even if you consider it inflated due to him being on a ? team, how come nobody else who has been on a ? team in the modern era ever done what he has done with a 20 point/15 board season?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited July 2011
    young chad wrote: »
    WTF.....all them ? play for wack ass teams and you gon say Love's numbers are inflated because he plays for a wack team, but you're gonna put Beasley ahead of him even though they play for the SAME wack ass team. Naw ? , you lyin, ? yo opinion, Love prolly ? on your favorite team and or player because you are straight hatin on dude..

How does a ? averaging a double double and leading the league in boards have LESS potential than Beasley who is a bust AND an idiot....matter of fact ? , it doesn't even MATTER who has more potential than the other because Love works hard enough to actually TRY to achieve his potential, whereas Beasley is perfectly content with being an underachieving weed head third option....Beasley is a taller version of JR Smith with an even LESS consistent shot (as if that's even possible)...

This ? said "teams will start to focus on boxing Love out"...like that ? just slipped their mind for 82 games last year...hatin ass ? name should be "NothingButHate"
    so, you sre saying love would be the 3rd option on a better team and his stats are only good because the team sucks. Yet beasley is better, is on the same team, and has lower stats then love despite playing nearly the same amount of minutes? You reachin doggy. Love is one of the best free throw shooting big men in the league, the only dude since Malone to average 20 and 15 a game, went 50+ games with double doubles something Dwight Howard/Duncan/KG/etc. have never been able to do. Even if you consider it inflated due to him being on a ? team, how come nobody else who has been on a ? team in the modern era ever done what he has done with a 20 point/15 board season?

Beasley put up decent numbers as a number 2 option on a Miami Heat team that went to the playoffs.

Jennings put up decent numbers on a team that made the playoffs when he played an injury free season 2 years ago.

Of course Love has no option but to go down. The guy averaged 20ppg and 15rpg. Do you really think he'll continue improving off of those stats? Are you that naive to think he's going to average more than 15rpg and 20ppg next year? Especially with a new coach and that Rubio kid. I have a feeling Love's role is going to diminish tremendously as a result of those 2 transactions. There's no way people are going to let him rebound like that another year. It would be different if he was Dwight Howard like aka 7ft with a 40'' vertical, but he's not. There's a reason he was benched on that Olympic team. There's a reason Al Jefferson started over him.
  • ysl313
    edited July 2011
    number 2??? beasley was a third option in those playoff games. Beasley was the not even top three rebound wise on either year. Beasley's entire game is what it is, he will never be much better then he is now and his spot is already about to get snatched by derrick favors. If anything, Beasley's numbers will drastically fall with him trying to fight for minutes. Love will start no matter what and i dont know how the ? would rubio playing make love's numbers falter cconsidering rubio isn't in the same posistion nor will be trying to shoot more then 10-12 shots a game.

Jennings is the only one between these two who has potential to get better but this next season is a big "either you make it or you don't" seasons. Jennings needs to up his passing more and get a consistent jumper. He also will need more than just bogut to pass to but thats besides the point.

Kevin Love, Tyreke Evans = both clearly are the best from that movie with jennings having his name mentioned. Beasley as a performer isn't consistent and his potential probably was highest out of them all but in the end is just a bust
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Love/Evans, then jennings
  • Kil889
    edited August 2011
    No love for Bayless and singler? LMAO!
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Did this ? really say Kevin Love had no potential?

Yeah, we ALL expected him to lead the league in boards and rack up points. Yup, definitely saw that coming. NOOOO one said he was too slow and unathletic to succeed.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    1.Kevin Love
    2.Tyreke
    3.Beasley is getting better

And my darkhorse to surprise alotta ppl in the next couple years will be Lance Stephens is dude only like 20 years old.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited August 2011
    Kevin Love easily, leading the league in boards and can consistently get you 15 - 20 points, great hustle and a good jumpshot? what's not to like?
  • Kil889
    edited August 2011
    1.Kevin Love
    2.Tyreke
    3.Beasley is getting better

And my darkhorse to surprise alotta ppl in the next couple years will be Lance Stephens is dude only like 20 years old.

That's a BOLd prediction fam, but I ain't mad at it...Lance just gotta keep himself out of trouble and he MAY ? the rotation somehow, someway but if dude starts whylin', I hope he likes China...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kil889 wrote: »
    That's a BOLd prediction fam, but I ain't mad at it...Lance just gotta keep himself out of trouble and he MAY ? the rotation somehow, someway but if dude starts whylin', I hope he likes China...

Yea you right, they gotta new young coach up there in Indy so hopefully that plays out well for him. But he do gotta fight for minutes with Paul George and prolly even Hansborough.
  • Kil889
    edited August 2011
    I think Lance's attitude got in the way of his talents. It's crazy cause it's like these young cats are getting dumber at an earleir age. At least 10 years ago athletes didn't start acting crazy until they were in the league. Now cats are whylin' in high school and college...