J. Cole - Any Given Sunday Vol. 1

Options
invincible_334
invincible_334 Members Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
The dude who does all of J. Cole's artwork tweeted this.: Cole will be releasing new exclusive content every Sunday until the album is released. Music drops tonight along with the back cover.

Here's the link to his tumblr: http://bestestasbestos.tumblr.com/post/8314891318/anygivensunday

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO! @ this swaggerless trailer-park dweller trying to go the Kanye route....what he fails to realize is people were checking for Ye's album....
    I applaud him though....his PR team is trying to catch lightning in a jaw but regardless, it'll still end in failure.Even his boss has no faith in him...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    LMAO! @ this swaggerless trailer-park dweller trying to go the Kanye route....what he fails to realize is people were checking for Ye's album....
    I applaud him though....his PR team is trying to catch lightning in a jaw but regardless, it'll still end in failure.Even his boss has no faith in him...

The dude in your avi is from a Jean Claud Van Damme movie right? I'm trying to remember
  • invincible_334
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dling now......................

j cole isnt the first to try and emulate this though

hell kanye didnt even come up with it
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Even though Iv heard it... he did his thing on that Go beat...

he does his best ? over Ye and Ye affiliated beats
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol that unabomber track old as ? ...

i think this like one new song and 4 old ones

He picked a couple of good ones though... actually the worst one is the new track
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL@ ? acting like Kanye was the first to do that type of ?
  • invincible_334
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The reason why he picked these songs.
    1. Like A Star: “Was saving this for the 2nd album. Due to some other ? beyond my control, I’ma let this out now.”
    2. Knock On Wood: “One of my fav. freestyles. OG Dreamvillains gotta be reminded, new fans gotta get put on.”
    3. Pity: “Brand new J. Cole, Omen, Voli. Produced by Voli @volitheentity”;
    4. How High: “at one point this was guaranteed to go on The Sideline Story.”
    5. Unabomber: “Just heard this today for the first time in a longgg time. Love these raps.”
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That dude Omen kills every track he get on with cole.. and I haven't heard ? from him yet lol
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited July 2011
    Options
    more sleeping music from j.cole. boring ?
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    word to crooked i
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    word to timbo tuesdays and swizz mondays
  • Str8Skippin
    Str8Skippin Members Posts: 136
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Daaamn, Like a Star is amazing. Cole keep killing it.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nothing about the marketing of this album was professional. jay z, cole manager, j cole and the rest of roc nation should be embarrased on how this ? debut is turning out. like i always say your favorite twitter/myspace rapper could of done all of the same things j cole did (and didnt) do in preparation of this album. no commercials, no radio play, no advertisement, no plugs and no co signs. wasted all that ? money and time on that ? paula abdul sample i aint heard work out one time on the radio matter fact i never heard it outside the IC. these sunday drops are too little way late. j cole should have a ? video out and something on the radio. ? just was talking ? about tyga last week but tyga is about to host 106/park all of next week. why in the ? did roc nation or j cole not jump on that? Jay Z is shady as ? and J Cole is dumb as ? for not hooking up for WTT. another blown opportunity to connect with a mass market. J Cole cant convince me he poured his heart into the album because the whole presentation is half assed. he succumbed and made party joints for the ladies. when he supposed to be ? john connor savior of hip hop from the future. ? j cole. ? jay z. ? roc nation. this album is about to flop
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    nothing about the marketing of this album was professional. jay z, cole manager, j cole and the rest of roc nation should be embarrased on how this ? debut is turning out. like i always say your favorite twitter/myspace rapper could of done all of the same things j cole did (and didnt) do in preparation of this album. no commercials, no radio play, no advertisement, no plugs and no co signs. wasted all that ? money and time on that ? paula abdul sample i aint heard work out one time on the radio matter fact i never heard it outside the IC. these sunday drops are too little way late. j cole should have a ? video out and something on the radio. ? just was talking ? about tyga last week but tyga is about to host 106/park all of next week. why in the ? did roc nation or j cole not jump on that? Jay Z is shady as ? and J Cole is dumb as ? for not hooking up for WTT. another blown opportunity to connect with a mass market. J Cole cant convince me he poured his heart into the album because the whole presentation is half assed. he succumbed and made party joints for the ladies. when he supposed to be ? john connor savior of hip hop from the future. ? j cole. ? jay z. ? roc nation. this album is about to flop

art_of_laughter2.jpg.scaled500.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1312162778&Signature=83%2F9F7IcZk7dj1SG0YFNhlJkkO0%3D
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    damn like a star does go hard
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I ? with how high......
  • Kame
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There's a Pac I get around sample on that like a star beat I think
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    more sleeping music from j.cole. boring ?

Rather listen to J.Cole music than

15 year old teenie bopping Big Sean
    Wobble-dy wobble-dy wa wobble wobble
    I’m st-stacking my paper my wallet look like a bible
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I like all these songs honestly
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Props on the Corinne Bailey Rae sample on "Like A Star". She's dope.
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this pity dont sound like j cole production either
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    daboyag1 wrote: »
    this dont sound like j cole production either, very glad about that

How does it not, i can tell that ? drums a mile away.
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    How does it not, i can tell that ? drums a mile away.

im talkin bout pity
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    good ? i like it