Jay-Z Buys Billionaire Boys Club

Options
StoneColdMikey
StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
edited September 2011 in Fashion Forward
On the eve of the release of Watch the Throne, his highly anticipated album with Kanye West, Jay-Z's adding more to his plate. GQ has learned that as of today, Jay-Z's fashion house, Rocawear, owns the licensing to manufacture and distribute Billionaire Boys Club. Sources say that Jay-Z and Pharrell, the current face and force behind BBC, will work as a tandem—utilizing Jay-Z's business prowess and Pharrell's creativity. Hypebeast, fret not! BBC won't be on the shelves of large department stores simply because it's under the Roc umbrella. But this is the backing that most streetwear brands don't have, which has lead to many shuttering their doors in recent years.

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2011/08/exclusive-jay-z-buys-billionaire-boys-club.html

bbc was already gettin bigger so this a good deal

Comments

• 6ft5
    6ft5 Confirm Email Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm not a business man I'm a business man so let me handle my business damn.....
  • Frank blanco
    Frank blanco Members Posts: 411
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i personally like bbc but it aint been poppin for awhile lets see how this goes
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

ain't nobody paying hundreds of dollars for one hoody,Champion hoodies>>>>BBC
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Interesting, but is BBC still hot now?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

Co-sign. It's not like they ? ain't hot, it's the prices is out of my range
  • 6ft5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

I buy BBC Ice cream all the time.....
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

yep brands like bape and bbc are practically dead now.......they had a quality product but all that overpricing was eventually gonna catch to them........like a real business man jay gonna probably dumb down the product and sell it for much less
  • 6ft5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BBC is not ment to be available to the masses they make limited items and everything they make sells out. I think it was a great investment and I hope they don't try to oversaturate the streets with there product
  • Frank blanco
    Frank blanco Members Posts: 411
    edited August 2011
    Options
    it was alot of things that contributed to the downfall of bbc mostly high price and the knock offs got outta hand plus all they were doing is throwing logos on clothes no real desighns to be worth so much and when ice cream sneakers started selling for 80 dollars it was over i liked the OG ones pharrell had in the drop it like its hot video
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    jay-ztweet.png
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    its a partnership

and ? isnt bbc more relevent than rocawear?

I havent seen anyone rock rocawear since 05
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I got some BBC cargos but I guess I can't wear them anymore..
  • ConcreteFields
    ConcreteFields Members Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think the owner of 10deep summed it up nicely (format magazine article):

... a lot of ? you see out there with streetwear brands charging $50 or $100 for T-shirts is arbitrary. Again, that’s about the cool guy club. Me, I don’t give a ? about that – I’m trying to make clothes that look good and I want people to wear them if they like them... I’m not trying to gouge prices and make people feel they’re better than the next person, because they spent $500 on their sweatshirt. To me, the dude that goes out and is wearing a $500 sweatshirt or $500 jeans is a ? ? ...There is no ? way I’m going to spend $200 on a hoodie, so we can’t make that for our customers and expect them to pay that...
  • 6ft5
    edited August 2011
    Options

... a lot of ? you see out there with streetwear brands charging $50 or $100 for T-shirts is arbitrary. Again, that’s about the cool guy club. Me, I don’t give a ? about that – I’m trying to make clothes that look good and I want people to wear them if they like them... I’m not trying to gouge prices and make people feel they’re better than the next person, because they spent $500 on their sweatshirt. To me, the dude that goes out and is wearing a $500 sweatshirt or $500 jeans is a ? ? ...There is no ? way I’m going to spend $200 on a hoodie, so we can’t make that for our customers and expect them to pay that...
    He is full of ? he dosnt have the clout to charge those prices, 10deep don't have a flagship store or has stores like barney's selling there products if they did they would have those prices as well
  • ConcreteFields
    edited August 2011
    Options
    AND... BBC already had a following with Pharrell... it didn't NEED JayZ. I just think the style of people changed to where it wasn't what they liked anymore, AND hello? the economy. maybe it's an illuminati move
  • ConcreteFields
    edited August 2011
    Options
    IMO, 10deep, crooks and castles, mishka all put out ish that looks way better than BBC gear. BUT I agree BBC is marketed to a larger wallet than those brands.
  • ConcreteFields
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jigga just tweeted ""Partnering with @4real4rell on BBC" follow him.. (Not "buying" as GQ erroneously reported.)"
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? must not know style if you say bbc and bape is out of style. Bape is going to be forever since they have stores in japen. BBC is going to be longterm also. Yall need to know the real the fashion instead of these little true religion brands and things.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think Bape is cool but I don't really ? with BBC. The thought of wearing a brand owned by a rapper is kinda corny to me. Either way if I'm spending a lot of money on clothes it's gonna be nice ? and not like t-shirts and hoodies. At the end of the day, the ? is still t-shirts and hoodies.
  • VashfapsE
    VashfapsE Members Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Íà ýòîì ñàéòå ÿ ïðåäñòàâëÿþ Ðåöåïòû êèòàéñêîé ìåäèöèíû
    è äàþ ñîâåòû ïî èñöåëåíèþ, îñíîâàííûå íà ìíîãîëåòíåì îïûòå ëå÷åíèÿ ñ ïîìîùüþ íàðîäíîé ìåäèöèíû. narmederu.gif ß õî÷ó ïîìî÷ü âñåì ñòðàæäóùèì è áîëüíûì ëþäÿì îáðåñòè çäîðîâüå, Ïîìîùü ïðè ýëåêòðîòðàâìå
    à çäîðîâûì - ñîõðàíèòü ïîòåíöèàë ñâîåãî îðãàíèçìà.
  • VashfapsE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Íà ýòîì ñàéòå ÿ ïðåäñòàâëÿþ Ïîìîùü ïðè ýëåêòðîòðàâìå
    è äàþ ñîâåòû ïî èñöåëåíèþ, îñíîâàííûå íà ìíîãîëåòíåì îïûòå ëå÷åíèÿ ñ ïîìîùüþ íàðîäíîé ìåäèöèíû. narmederu.gif ß õî÷ó ïîìî÷ü âñåì ñòðàæäóùèì è áîëüíûì ëþäÿì îáðåñòè çäîðîâüå, Íàðîäíàÿ ìåäèöèíà
  • VashfapsE
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Íà ýòîì ñàéòå ÿ ïðåäñòàâëÿþ Ëå÷åíèå áðîíõèòà íàðîäíûìè ñðåäñòâàìè
    è äàþ ñîâåòû ïî èñöåëåíèþ, îñíîâàííûå íà ìíîãîëåòíåì îïûòå ëå÷åíèÿ ñ ïîìîùüþ íàðîäíîé ìåäèöèíû. narmederu.gif ß õî÷ó ïîìî÷ü âñåì ñòðàæäóùèì è áîëüíûì ëþäÿì îáðåñòè çäîðîâüå, Ëå÷åíèå ãðûæè íàðîäíûìè ñðåäñòâàìè
  • Sonny Bravo
    Sonny Bravo Members Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    Options

That's a good business philosophy to work under.
  • smoketothis
    smoketothis Members Posts: 97
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Great joint venture. Now they need to team up with Wiz Khalifa and push Taylor Gang Clothing Line
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yo what are some other fashion forums on the internet?