The Sexification of the IC Female: beauty thread # 1025.2

Options
marie*acid
marie*acid Members Posts: 3
edited October 2011 in The Powder Room
Hey Ladies! (and closeted gents)
Picking up where we left off in the last hybrid makeup/beauty thread we'll continue to share and exchange questions or reviews on random beauty products to help preserve your sexxii. (the old image tags are functional again so this should help make posting easier)

I'll kick it off with what I now believe is gods gift to shiny girls- Sephora's Anti-shine primer

21-RPB%2BiWjL._AA280_.jpg

It claims to give 8 hours of shine protection...I wouldnt go that far but i will say I was shine free for most of the day. This will easily work for a night out. It gave me a nice dewy finish instead of a powdery/dry look. A little goes a long way I only applied to my t-zone and eyelids. It's a good enough primer where i didnt need to usu my usual shadow primer. in a nutshell it rocks.

Red lips were (and still are) pretty popular this f/w season. here are a few tips to perfect your rouge pout:

chanel_rougeallurelaque001.jpg

The Perfect Holiday Red Lips

‘Tis the season to wear beautiful mixes of burgundy, crimson, and scarlet. We’ve been enjoying The Scarlet Season for the past few months by featuring shades of scarlet, but here are all of my favorite tips to achieving the most defined and long-lasting red lip.
The Prep

It’s important to regularly exfoliate and moisturize your lips, even when you’re not trying to wear a bolder lip color, because it gives you a better foundation to apply lip color onto. I suggest Sara Happ’s The Lip Scrub for a yummy and effective for-purchase scrub. For a DIY version, I suggest a little jojoba oil and sugar. Scrub and then rinse off, blot dry, and apply a layer of a moisturizing balm. My favorite balm right now is Philosophy’s Kiss Me Tonight Intensive Lip Therapy. Super, super moisturizing and feels great on lips.
Now, let’s talk about the BASE, the DEFINITION, the COLOR, and the TOUCH-UP stages…
The Base

Lip color needs something to hang onto, and one method I’ve found to really help color stay on longer and look better several hours later is laying down a base–just as I would for eyeshadow. I’ve used products like concealer and foundation to MAC’s Lip Erase; they all work about the same.

Before you apply your base, ensure your lips are smooth, soft, and have nothing else on them — you don’t want them dry and flakey (if this is you, try moisturizing lips twenty minutes before you go to apply lip color; blot the remainder off by kissing the back of your hand).

Now, when you apply your base, you can do so with a lip brush, a concealer brush, or your fingers. It really doesn’t matter, but the idea is to fully cover your lips in a very beige-y, neutral base. If you have darker skin, I’d suggest using a light to medium concealer shade instead. The lip base works in two ways: it neutralizes your natural lip color (therefore, colors look truer-to-the-tube on you) and gives color something to grab.
The Definition

Defining lips is easier said than done! You need a steady hand and a good eye for your natural lip shape. Start by lining your lips with a matching lip liner–stay in the lines; it’s better to stay within your natural lip line (overall, at least) than to stray too far to make a faux shape. I also like to fill-in lips with lip liner, just because liner is excellent for adding another layer of staying power, so I recommend doing that during this time, too.

The second step to defining lips comes later, after you’ve finished applying your lipstick/gloss. Taking a concealer brush and your concealer match, apply concealer outside of your lips – this will help give you that crisp, well-defined lip you want. You can use a fluffy brush like MAC’s 217 to help blend the concealer to make it look soft and natural.

The final step to defining your lips is adding just a touch of highlighter at the cupid’s bow (that’s the area just above the middle of upper lip). You want to use a small, fluffy brush and just lightly sweep a highlighter shade (something very soft, nothing glittery!) over the area to add more light.
The Color

One of the best methods to apply rich color and get excellent results is by using a lip brush. A lip brush will allow you to be more precise and apply even layers. You can easily add additional layers, but you know you’ll be applying a solid, even layer from the get-go. If you want to cheat a little during this step, apply the lip color directly from the tube to the middle of your lips and use a lip brush to stretch and bring color to the outer areas of the lips.

If you want to apply a gloss on top, I recommend using a separate lip wand (like a disposable one) to grab the color, then apply it with your lip brush. This will let you add the glossy finish you’d like without reddening up the gloss itself–plus, you’ll get more precision with the lip brush, too.
The Touch-Up

You may find a touch-up is required, depending on the occasion, the length of it, and what you’re doing. Lip color always has a much tougher job if it has to endure eating and drinking; or if you want it to last more than four hours. Of course, picking the right product can help on both accounts, but you never know when you need a touch-up.

I always find that keeping a gloss around for touch-ups is easier than a lipstick, just because lipsticks often need to be fully removed and reapplied rather than just layered on top. For this purpose, I tend to recommend finding a gloss in a similar shade as the lipstick you’re using. Otherwise, invest in makeup remover pads or swabs for on-the-go so you can truly reapply with perfection!

add on..

Comments

• muzicluvr1986
    muzicluvr1986 Members Posts: 709
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2q16xeg.gif2q16xeg.gif2q16xeg.gif girly sexiest thread that yes i cliked on
  • marie*acid
    marie*acid Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sexist how? I'm perfectly okay with you posting your abs here. otherwise this a blatant attack!
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I bought that sephora stuff today, it's great!

My product that I'm in love with is Lorac baked matte satin blush in Hollywood, it's a great blush with a little bit of shimmer, it gives your cheeks a nice peachy look
  • Smoove and Sexy
    Smoove and Sexy Members Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    Options
    putcha hands on ya knees and bend ya rump. putcha back in, back out, and do the ? !
  • muzicluvr1986
    muzicluvr1986 Members Posts: 709
    edited January 2010
    Options
    grizfruit.gif

10 10 101 0101 01010101001
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love Sephora !!!

Their lipgloss is one of my must haves !
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Has anyone given the Reebok easytones a try yet? They cost more than I would want to spend on workout/running shoes but they look WAY better than those silly shape up's. Im in need of new sneakers for the gym and these might be worth the investment.
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my sister in law got some for Christmas.

So far she likes them.
  • MERYLISBACK
    MERYLISBACK Banned Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i prefer mac and carmaxx, it does the job, n i found that nuetrogena (sp) works well daily but for pop up pimples toothpaste and salt will make them vanish over night,
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    smh @ me for thinking this thread would have picture of the ic ladies in it.
  • pisset adorable thug
    pisset adorable thug Members Posts: 224
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nana tryin to sexy it up
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anymore suggestions for primers(lids)?

Bath and Bodyworks had an awesome sale! All of that seasonal stuff was like 50-75% off. Got a lot of those minty lip balms.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anymore suggestions for primers(lids)?

Bath and Bodyworks had an awesome sale! All of that seasonal stuff was like 50-75% off. Got a lot of those minty lip balms.

I like to use mac paint pots as a shadow primer. I cant remember the name of the color i use but its a neutral, close to my skin color. I can tell you there have been mornings I've woke up with my shadow totally in place. mac prep+prime is cool but i prefer paint pots.

31tHlDDc%2BJL._AA280_.jpg

I went to bath and body works and stocked up too! i wasn't all that happy with their candles though unfortunately (my first time buying them) i usually only buy the car scents and wall flowers. Have you tried their scent bugs yet? I was on the fence between that and the candle-i think i chose wrong lol
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    a couple of reviews for primers-i'm guessing this urban decay stuff is pretty popular by the number of vids I've seen on it.

she's kind of annoying but good review
  • TooXquisite
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like to use mac paint pots as a shadow primer. I cant remember the name of the color i use but its a neutral, close to my skin color. I can tell you there have been mornings I've woke up with my shadow totally in place. mac prep+prime is cool but i prefer paint pots.

31tHlDDc%2BJL._AA280_.jpg

I went to bath and body works and stocked up too! i wasn't all that happy with their candles though unfortunately (my first time buying them) i usually only buy the car scents and wall flowers. Have you tried their scent bugs yet? I was on the fence between that and the candle-i think i chose wrong lol

I haven't tried their candles or any of their home scents. I did get this set from The Body Shop that I love. It's this ring thing that you put at the base of a light bulb. You fill the well with the oil and when you turn on the lamp, it scents the room. I really like the Vanilla scent, makes the house smell like cookies.
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've used the Urban Decay primer and TooFaced primer. I like them both.

As far as the scentports at ? .... I won't try them. I don't like the plug in either... they don't last long. I do LOVE their oils. I have a few different ones that I burn.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Favorite mascara?

Mine are by Maybelline: full n soft and express volum turbo boost.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Favorite mascara?

Mine are by Maybelline: full n soft and express volum turbo boost.

I'm obsessed with lash blast right now but this turbo boost does look official. I'm a product junkie who will try almost anything once, i'll most likely cop this and try it out.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I haate lash blast length. maybe because I am so used to my maybelline mascaras. I was gonna take it back to the store but it's just $6. I made it my practice mascara.

How about eyelashes? I wore them once I really like the look of them. I'm scared to do that myself.

I am really turning into one myself but with natural hair products/remedies.. I have coconut oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter there are a million uses for those!
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I haate lash blast length. maybe because I am so used to my maybelline mascaras. I was gonna take it back to the store but it's just $6. I made it my practice mascara.

How about eyelashes? I wore them once I really like the look of them. I'm scared to do that myself.

I am really turning into one myself but with natural hair products/remedies.. I have coconut oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter there are a million uses for those!

I didnt like lash blast length either I rock with the regular formula. As for eyelashes...they scare me too :(. I dont like things in my eye..? forbid my sight fails because i'd wear glasses before i deal with contacts. Plus my eyes are small so I think it might look too drag. My friend went to the benefit brow bar at macy's and loved it! they charged her 20 to put them on. Kinda pricy but I'd rather do that than risk getting a stye from some seedy nail shop

jul09pitstops.jpg
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have mastered the art of eyelashes

I wear them all the time. Now even my girlfriends have me put there's on too. The trick is to find one's that are not too full.. the one's I use are called Demi Lashes. I'll post the brand when I get home. Do your makeup first... mascara and liner too. You trim them to where they go from a little past the middle of your eye and extend longer on the end. Put a small tiny amount of gule of the adhesive part and place it on the closest you can get where the lid and lashes meet. Use a qtip to apply pressure. Then once they have dried.. takes like a minute or two... apply mascara again and touch up your liner. I then curl the lashes so that my natural ones and the fake ones blend better. Sometimes touch up my eyeshadow too.

One pair will last me a 2 - 4 times too.
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh and the mascara I like the most is Sephora Lash Plumper .
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have mastered the art of eyelashes

I wear them all the time. Now even my girlfriends have me put there's on too. The trick is to find one's that are not too full.. the one's I use are called Demi Lashes. I'll post the brand when I get home. Do your makeup first... mascara and liner too. You trim them to where they go from a little past the middle of your eye and extend longer on the end. Put a small tiny amount of gule of the adhesive part and place it on the closest you can get where the lid and lashes meet. Use a qtip to apply pressure. Then once they have dried.. takes like a minute or two... apply mascara again and touch up your liner. I then curl the lashes so that my natural ones and the fake ones blend better. Sometimes touch up my eyeshadow too.

One pair will last me a 2 - 4 times too.

what kind of glue do you use? do your natural lashes get thinner over time?
  • marie addams
    edited January 2010
    Options
    okay. dont cringe. just listen
    Beauty Experiment: Monistat As Foundation Primer
    Tuesday, 02/10/2009 at 9:30 AM Comments (35)

Oh, the things I will do for this blog. When some readers recently begged us to try using Monistat Chafing-Relief Powder-Gel as foundation primer, I thought: Well, I already tried using Pampers baby-butt wipes as face wipes, so what the heck? I volunteered.

Well, ladies, good news: We have ourselves another lowbrow beauty winner. Honestly, the only negative part of this challenge was purchasing the Monistat--I couldn't find it in my corner drugstore, even after loitering in the feminine-hygiene/contraceptives section for an excruciatingly long time, trying to discern what was what while maintaining an aura of casual nonchalance. I finally just left and ordered a tube from Drugstore.com. A few bucks shipping is a small price to pay for one's dignity.

Big important F.Y.I.: This is not the Monistat yeast-infection cream; please don't go rubbing that stuff on your face. This anti-chafing balm's main ingredient is the same as many foundation primers': dimethicone. It also contains Vitamin E and aloe, and it's fragrance-free and formulated to let skin "breathe".

I don't wear all-over foundation, but I often use some on the sides of my nose to minimize the appearance of the pores and redness there. Plus, last weekend I had a fluorescent-pink pimple right smack on the end of my nose, and concealer just kept slipping off. This meant it was the perfect time to try a primer and see if it would A) help keep the zit covered for longer and B) help keep the pores from re-emerging a few hours after I put my makeup on.

The Monistat gel has a nice texture--sort of powdery, as its name implies. It made my skin matte and soft, and my foundation and pimple concealer went on smooth and seamless. I set both with a dab of translucent powder. Check it out: No pores or pimple here!

I did obsessive mirror checks during a night out on the town, and I can tell you with 100-percent certainty that my nose looked way better than usual after a long night. I had some dry skin flakes, probably because I put powder on, but my makeup didn't soak into my pores or wipe off the pimple. Major score. I'm also extremely psyched that the tube will last me for ages and that it only cost about $8, versus the $20 to $40 that most primers would have set me back.

Via Glamour Magazine.

her skin is :eek:
  • TooXquisite
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love Lash Blast! I rushed to try it when it came out and haven't switched it since. People always point out how long my lashes look when I'm wearing it.

What made her think to use that of all things? Somebody gonna buy that yeast infection cream by accident anyway and be UPSET, LOL.