Is this a simple way to lose weight?

opiie562
opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Weight Room
to start, i'll begin doing 3 sets of 20 push ups throughout the day, and jump roping for about 20 min. I'm not sure to jump rope before or after...?

i'll start drinking nothing but water, and green tea in the mornings.

i have a little bench press in my backyard that i guess i could start using. I was thinking of doing all of this Mon/Wed/Fri's only. I'll drink water and green tea every day perhaps, and starting eating more fruits like an apple in the morning or some yogurt.

I'm tryna lose like 15 lbs, i don't eat anything throughout the day. I drink like only 1 bottle of water, 2 cups of coffee in the morning, at work i dont eat lunch.........pretty much i don't have a meal in the day until 6:00pm. which i know is extremely bad. i just don't know what kind of snacks and little meals i should be eating. idk how to keep up on calories and what veggies to eat and eating egg white & steamed rice, all that ? is foreign to me. to top it all off a ? don't know how to cook, so go figure.

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It's cool. If you don't know how to cook, just go get some chicken breast (6oz = ~26g protein and 2.5g fat typically), rinse 'em off, and put some pepper on them and bake them. Simple. You can always chop up some mushrooms (protein) and peppers (lil carbs) and add it on top for flavor. And plan your meals around that. Eat a 1/2 cup of rice at a time.

Then you can get the stuff like already cooked Green Beans and Brocolli or spinach from the veggie section of the store and all you'll need to do is nuke it in the Microwave and they taste pretty decent.

So yeah, if you wanna keep it extra simple you can do
    MEAT: skinless boneless chicken breast (26g protein, 2.5g fat)
    STARCH: 1/2 cup rice (~30g carbs, 1.5g fat)
    VEGGIES: Green Beans/Brocolli (~5g carbs if that)
    SNACK: Almonds 1oz (6g protein, 5g carb, 14g fat)

You'll get bored with eating that eventually but if you do that for 2 weeks, you should see and feel a difference. Moreso if you lay off the salt/sodium. Red Hot makes some good zero calorie Buffalo sauce you can use for the chicken but it's high sodium, so use it sparingly because too much will cause water weight gain (which might cover up any fat loss).

And if you aren't getting enough cals that way, you can always throw in a protein shake here and there. You'll need the fats (Almonds) in there or you'll feel like ? eventually.
  • Saboi 10.5
    Saboi 10.5 Members Posts: 542
    edited August 2011
    diet is king.

eat below maintence calories and you will lose weight, its not rocket science
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    500-700 cals below maintenance will give consistent weight loss without the body going into fat-storing starvation mode and keep you from feeling lethargic. You could also try carb cycling, which I've found effective for myself.
  • Hadlay
    Hadlay Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Hi All,
    Simplest way to lose weight is eating right and regular exercise. Some tips to lose weight.
    Prefer raw food over processed food,
    Drink at least 12 glass of water daily,
    Avoid beverages, soda and flavored juices,
    Drink green tea twice in a day,
    Eat slowly and chew food well,
    Do start some exercise or physical activity,
    Sleep for 8 days in a day.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    It is actually better to keep your food simple so you don't add up calories when cooking. This works out well for people who want to lose weight and don't know about cooking. You got a bbq? Try bbqing salmon, chicken, and ground turkey for proteins. Snacks can be nuts and fruit (minimal) and a ton of water.Keep doin your cardio and lift weights too.