What's the point of judgement?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The bible states that gods gonna judge us when we die, we shall give account or w/e to our lives.

What's the point? What is there to judge if ? knows all and you already know what you did in your life? Doesn't it seem pointless for lives or souls to be judged?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hind sight is 20/20.
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ugh, i don't want to offend anybody here.
    But how can you believe this stuff?
    Sounds like something out of a cartoon.

LOGIC people LOGIC.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Judgement doesn't start when you die. It starts when you live. We are judged and sentenced everyday.

Every action carries a consequence. Some just don't manifest as soon as others.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    JayToTheZ wrote: »
    Ugh, i don't want to offend anybody here.
    But how can you believe this stuff?
    Sounds like something out of a cartoon.

LOGIC people LOGIC.

What is not logical about hind sight is 20/20? It's time tested and true. As we reflect on our past actions, thoughts, and words we learn, discover and understand new things.... hopefully anyway. This is where a lot of our 'repenting' for our sins comes from, not church but in the inner most depths our of minds(the holy of holys where barely anyone gets to enter/know). And error is an error, it gets corrected not punished. So when I hear the term 'judgement' in this context I take it to mean laying it all out on the table.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    physical death is actually just an after effect of spiritual death in this lifetime. ? is in you before he is outside of you. unless you understand that then you cant understand judgement.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options