It's not equivalent, B.

I'm just saying...

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its worse.
    People were ignorant against blacks just because.
    Ppl hate ? for religious reasons.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    high school basketball and NBA basketball aren't equivalent...

But they're still comparable.
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it has its specific comparisions........but usually people cant pinpoint the specifics, which tends to ? up their whole argument.......
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its worse.

religous reasons were also used to hate blacks and indians
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2011
    Options
    religous reasons were also used to hate blacks and indians

not really.
    Even blacks were Christians.
  • Copper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not really.

most forcefully converted by white chrisitians who thought of themselves as superior b/c of skin color and religion
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not really.

Copperkid is right.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but blacks even today will still worship a white Jesus.
    ? refused to sit back and not fight back.
    Now they kinda run the show
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its worse.

False people hate ? because that ? is gross B
  • Copper
    edited February 2011
    Options
    but blacks even today will still worship a white Jesus.
    ? refused to sit back and not fight back.
    Now they kinda run the show

this is neither here nor there ....b
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Black is the new ? .

? .
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You aint ? until you tell somebody, you black soon as you walk in the door.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the above post was so dumb.
    And how is being ? gross?
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    u can kind of compare them

it is discrimination due to ignorance and intolerance.
    most of all apathy.
    crackas dont care that they make ? lives ? , or that they ruined africas potential
    theyre apathetic to everthying that isnt \white jesus loving ? '

You misused the word "apathy"

If they had no feelings towards anything that wasn't white, they wouldn't be racist.....
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    high school basketball and NBA basketball aren't equivalent...

But they're still comparable.
    It all boils down to this.

Their mistake is not being specific and just assuming your average person is just going to understand how the two situations can be compared.

But it all boils down to one group (heterosexuals) having rights that another group (? ) ant have based on an illogical, unfair, unconstitutional bias.

Thats really about it.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    okaay wrote: »

^^^^this

I have all the respect in the world for ? fighting for equal rights. But don't muhfuckn tell me we got the same struggle.
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    okaay wrote: »

^^^Pretty much^^^. There's no need to go around announcing that ? , straight or ? . To be honest tho, I wouldn't look at a dude dressed up as a woman or all flamboyant and ? tha same way I'd look at tha average person walking down tha street. I'd see them as somebody with problems or weird... That might be out of ignorance but that's just how I react. I don't "hate" them for that tho. Hollywood and Society's portrayal of tha "? lifestyle" has everybody thinking you gotta be flamboyant and all that ? if you're ? . I had ? neighbors a few years ago and they were just average dudes living like anybody else, they just happened to be attracted to each other. I have no problem with that kind of person, I respected them like I'd respect anybody else. It's tha cross dressing ? that bring tha majority of tha negativity towards them.

But more on topic - Discrimination against ? isn't anywhere near what discrimination against Black's was / still is on a smaller level. There might be some hate speech towards them but thats about it. Hollywood is full of homosexuals, and they get tha same job opportunities as straight people so I don't see how they're that bad off. Alot of tha hate comes from religious people who are told in church that Homosexuality is wrong in ? 's eyes... or what ever tha ? they say, lol. Hate, violence and discrimination towards Black's was pretty much universal and committed by tha majority of Whites in this country at it's peak. ? are looked down upon at times, but Blacks were treated like savage animals back in tha day, there's no comparison.
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^^^Pretty much^^^. There's no need to go around announcing that ? , straight or ? . To be honest tho, I wouldn't look at a dude dressed up as a woman or all flamboyant and ? tha same way I'd look at tha average person walking down tha street. I'd see them as somebody with problems or weird... That might be out of ignorance but that's just how I react. I don't "hate" them for that tho. Hollywood and Society's portrayal of tha "? lifestyle" has everybody thinking you gotta be flamboyant and all that ? if you're ? . I had ? neighbors a few years ago and they were just average dudes living like anybody else, they just happened to be attracted to each other. I have no problem with that kind of person, I respected them like I'd respect anybody else. It's tha cross dressing ? that bring tha majority of tha negativity towards them.

But more on topic - Discrimination against ? isn't anywhere near what discrimination against Black's was / still is on a smaller level. There might be some hate speech towards them but thats about it. Hollywood is full of homosexuals, and they get tha same job opportunities as straight people so I don't see how they're that bad off. Alot of tha hate comes from religious people who are told in church that Homosexuality is wrong in ? 's eyes... or what ever tha ? they say, lol. Hate, violence and discrimination towards Black's was pretty much universal and committed by tha majority of Whites in this country at it's peak. ? are looked down upon at times, but Blacks were treated like savage animals back in tha day, there's no comparison.

well, that and the fact that discrimination against homosexuals is most reserved for the men.

not picking on any particular religion, but lost religious followers are probably responsible for more deaths than any other reason in history
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yh I find this ? super offensive...Whether they are born homosexual or not, it doesn't matter...At all..Our struggles are not the same...
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah it's basically ? .

The progenitors of Western Civilization were heavily ? friendly. Greeks and Romans were very receptive(no pun intended) of homosexuality. Besides many of them were very racist themselves. They are not comparable. They have been skillful with the language to further deceive people. Before it used to be called a sexual preference, which would mean obviously they had a choice. Well this would blow their bogus argument out of the water that they had no choice like a black person who's skin is black without having to do anything to make it so. So now, they say they are born this way. (Pause for dramatic effect).........................FOHWTBS. I don't care if you prefer the same sex as you. Just quit trying to make it like it is life sustaining like food, water, air, or sex between man and woman. You could survive without plunging your tallywhacker into another mans buttocks. I promise you. Trust me, son.

Now they are biting Black civil rights tactics(very successfully) to hoist onto the public that they have somehow been oppressed just like blacks have been. Of course it is nonsense. The comparison is not only insulting but woefully short-sighted and disingenuous. This bogus argument is being used to get them special favors and treatment. They have never been disenfranchised like Blacks have been.

I am all for ? being treated equally, but this comparison to Blacks must stop. It is not necessary for them to use that nonsensical argument to garner support for their cause. I don't support their cause because they continually are disrespectful to black people. These dudes are now positioning(no ? ) themselves to be classified as a minority. So they can have access to things that were used to help out people who were really disenfranchised. I have seen them use their influence to siphon resources away from needy black children to further their own selfish agenda. And it mainly the white ones doing this. Many of them are out the closet homos, but in the closet racist.

Black people don't fall for this ? . This is nothing more than the, Communist movement and the white feminist movement of the 60's and 70's in ? face. And just like those movement, they will draw in unsuspecting black people to be used as revolutionary expendables and then discarded once they have gotten what they want.

Waits for Rusty Shackelford to come in............
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign the ? outta this thread... they need to stop doin' that ? .
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The progenitors of Western Civilization were heavily ? friendly.

How homosexuals in Western culture have been treated in the past is irrelevant to how they're treated today. The comparison is valid. Blacks aren't the world's special, "chosen" people, they are not the underdogs of the universe ( not on the basis of their being Black). Discrimination against anyone on the grounds that they're Black, ? , overweight, female, chimpanzee etc. is wrong for the same reason : it's wrong to mistreat people, everyone's interests should be given equal consideration.

It's not more complicated than that. Bashing someone's skull in because they're Black isn't any worse than bashing their skull in for any other reason.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    How homosexuals in Western culture have been treated in the past is irrelevant to how they're treated today. The comparison is valid. Blacks aren't the world's special, "chosen" people, they are not the underdogs of the universe ( not on the basis of their being Black). Discrimination against anyone on the grounds that they're Black, ? , overweight, female, chimpanzee etc. is wrong for the same reason : it's wrong to mistreat people, everyone's interests should be given equal consideration.

It's not more complicated than that. Bashing someone's skull in because they're Black isn't any worse than bashing their skull in for any other reason.

It's not the same ? at all

There isn't an entire government persecuting and supporting discrimination against homosexuals like there was for black people. Homosexuals make themselves out to be more victims than they are.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Waits for Rusty Shackelford to come in............

no ? ......
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    It's not the same ? at all

There isn't an entire government persecuting and supporting discrimination against homosexuals like there was for black people. Homosexuals make themselves out to be more victims than they are.

The U.S government (or any other) does not support systematic discrimination against Black people. Systematic discrimination is needing a pass to go into certain neighborhoods, not being allowed to use certain public facilities, not being allowed to vote etc.

In 1979, the Iranian government executed more than 4000 people for having sex with members of the same sex. In many countries in the world, homosexuality is illegal.

'Groups' are an abstraction. Some individual ? endure more discrimination and abuse (on the basis of their being ? ) than some Black people do. For example, some Black people have never been tortured by skinheads, tied to a face and left to die because they're Black, some ? people (ie. Matthew Shepherd) have. Chances are, you've never experienced the discrimination that Matthew Shepherd did (I could be wrong). He's dead now, because of homophobic prejudice.