Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    It's not the same ? at all

There isn't an entire government persecuting and supporting discrimination against homosexuals like there was for black people. Homosexuals make themselves out to be more victims than they are.

Cosign last time I check they did not have a ? fountain or straight fountain to drink from. I find it disrespectful to compare blacks struggles to ? , black people were considered 3/5 of a man not to long ago.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Cosign last time I check they did not have a ? fountain or straight fountain to drink from. I find it disrespectful to compare blacks struggles to ? , black people were considered 3/5 of a man not to long ago.

Neither do you.

Black people aren't legally considered 3/5th of a human being today. What's 'disrespectful' is comparing the struggles of (most) contemporary Black people to the struggles of 19th century slaves.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Cosign the ? outta this thread... they need to stop doin' that ? .

Seriously .
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I cant lie I have actually made this comparisson before.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    just a catch phrase to get attention or support

i think there was another thread made about this
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Neither do you.

Black people aren't legally considered 3/5th of a human being today. What's 'disrespectful' is comparing the struggles of (most) contemporary Black people to the struggles of 19th century slaves.

Dude is making some good points though........
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign this thread. All that ? ? is a choice. If you don't want to be labeled as ? , stop acting feminine in public, and no one will be able to tell your sexuality. Simple as that.

You can't change your skin color. Also, I don't remember ? people not having the right to vote, or being treated as 2nd class citizens by the government.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i want to snap everytime i hear this.

s/n i didnt the huruma dude was a ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Neither do you.

What about voting? Sure we were given the right to vote in the mid 1800s, but we weren't actually able to vote until the mid 1900s. People that experienced that are STILL ALIVE. What about being treated as 2nd class citizens in general? I can speak to my grandparents, ? even my parents and they have stories about how they weren't allowed to do *insert activity here* because they were black.

? people never had to go through that.

P.S. Are you ? ?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont know man but all I know is that them skin heads be mirking ? people around my way and uits sad as ? .AAlso teenagers are joining that ? movemente and beating the ? outta them in public.I dont think thats human like.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How homosexuals in Western culture have been treated in the past is irrelevant to how they're treated today. The comparison is valid. Blacks aren't the world's special, "chosen" people, they are not the underdogs of the universe ( not on the basis of their being Black). Discrimination against anyone on the grounds that they're Black, ? , overweight, female, chimpanzee etc. is wrong for the same reason : it's wrong to mistreat people, everyone's interests should be given equal consideration.

It's not more complicated than that. Bashing someone's skull in because they're Black isn't any worse than bashing their skull in for any other reason.

...and your delusional soft emo ass of course missed the point. Smh @ this ? ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    It's not the same ? at all

There isn't an entire government persecuting and supporting discrimination against homosexuals like there was for black people.
    Homosexuals make themselves out to be more victims than they are.

umm actually being a homosexual is still illegal in not only places outside the US, but places in the US too...and yes you can be killed for it...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont know man but all I know is that them skin heads be mirking ? people around my way and uits sad as ? .AAlso teenagers are joining that ? movemente and beating the ? outta them in public.I dont think thats human like.
    blackrain wrote: »
    umm actually being a homosexual is still illegal in not only places outside the US, but places in the US too...and yes you can be killed for it...

Maybe they should smarten up, and stop acting ? in public.
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Dude is making some good points though........

He's not. When ? people compare their "struggle" to the civil rights movement, it doesn't refer to present day struggles of blacks which is still worse than treatment of homosexuals today. When they go and start comparing the ? rights movement to to the civil rights movement, that's disrespectful and as a black man, you should be offended whether you lived during that period or not.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    no its not right...and we are not equal...

the ? have more rights than us
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Defenders of that ? ? miss the point and fail to put things in perspective.

I can choose to be ? and i can even hide it. I can't choose the color of my skin nor hide it.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once again,

Oppression is oppression. To hold your "groups" (and I use the term loosely) past and/or present level of oppression as some sort of measuring stick for what determines another groups legitimacy in proclaiming they're oppressed is arrogant as ? . And stupid as ? . Who the ? takes ownership of oppression and decides where it should be portioned out?

And further more, people have the right to express themselves so long as it doesn't harm others around them mentally and physically. Some times I wonder myself why is who you decided to ? a big deal and why it shouldn't be kept private....Then I hear countless stories of people coming out of the closet and the subsequent ostracism, contempt, prejudice they face ALMOST OVERNIGHT.

So for those saying, "it shouldn't matter who your ? . Its not the public business". Your right. It shouldn't matter. SO WHY DOES IT MATTER? Why do people have so much emotion about it?
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe they should smarten up, and stop acting ? in public.

stop acting ? in public? can you or I "stop acting heterosexual" in public? think about that for a second...and it's not even about what's being in public...you can be killed for what you do in private...
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Once again,

Oppression is oppression. To hold your "groups" (and I use the term loosely) past and/or present level of oppression as some sort of measuring stick for what determines another groups legitimacy in proclaiming they're oppressed is arrogant as ? . And stupid as ? . Who the ? takes ownership of oppression and decides where it should be portioned out?

this is what i'm trying to figure out...it's like there's a group of Black Americans who want to hold the Gold Medal for oppression...to be able to say "nobody in the history of the world has had it worse than us" which is far from true...and if ANY other group even mentions wanting Civil Rights, which is NOT automatically equal to black american civil rights, then it becomes "THey're trying to ride our coattails"
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

I can choose to be ? and i can even hide it. I can't choose the color of my skin nor hide it.

that will always be the point where the arguments differ....I don't think somebody can choose to be ? anymore than I chose to be heterosexual...never once did I consciously decide "I love ? " i just do...if you can please let us know when you chose to love women...when you thought to yourself "I don't like ? , I want ? " because not once has that thought even crossed my mind as to have to decide whether or not I like women
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

and so what...im not ? ...but ive seen some ? ass KIDS..lil toddlers that i know are gonna be ? . I dont know if they chose that at such a young age..and why should they have to hide it?? i cant stand them flamboyant ass ? either...but i can say the same for dudes who act like they get every chick...lying on themselves. i cant judge what the next person does as long as they aint hurting nobody its ok with me.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yh oppression is oppression and its never right...and I don't agree with discrimination against them...thought I made that quite clear...

But how come they're never compared to Jews?...Or other races who've been through ? ...its annoyin' man...
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yh oppression is oppression and its never right...and I don't agree with discrimination against them...thought I made that quite clear...

But how come they're never compared to Jews?...Or other races who've been through ? ...its annoyin' man...

they are actually...it's just that black americans are the most vocal about anybody else trying lay claim to the term "civil rights"...you know women's suffrage=civil rights too...or should they not be called that because it included white people too
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that will always be the point where the arguments differ....I don't think somebody can choose to be ? anymore than I chose to be heterosexual...never once did I consciously decide "I love ? " i just do...if you can please let us know when you chose to love women...when you thought to yourself "I don't like ? , I want ? " because not once has that thought even crossed my mind as to have to decide whether or not I like women

thats comes down to a difference of opinion, I believe it is a choice. Ive seen too many people go ? later in life or suddenly change their mine. Ive seen too many hoes go from men to girls and back to men. These people dont represent them as a whole but are just some of the things that went into me deeming it a choice

gibbsboy wrote: »
    and so what...im not ? ...but ive seen some ? ass KIDS..lil toddlers that i know are gonna be ? . I dont know if they chose that at such a young age..and why should they have to hide it?? i cant stand them flamboyant ass ? either...but i can say the same for dudes who act like they get every chick...lying on themselves. i cant judge what the next person does as long as they aint hurting nobody its ok with me.
    i missed your point
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they are actually...it's just that black americans are the most vocal about anybody else trying lay claim to the term "civil rights"...you know women's suffrage=civil rights too...or should they not be called that because it included white people too

There right to do so cause the oppression is not the same