05. Eternally
06. Sendin My Love
07. Ball and Chain
08. To Be Yours
09. Gonna Be A Beautiful Night
10. We Go Off
11. The Life of Kings
12. Who Loves You More

Foreign Exchange Music Label will release the first solo album from Foreign Exchange member Phonte Coleman on the popular release date 27th September... interesting date in particular as this will also be the day that ex-group member 9th Wonder will release his long awaited/oft-delayed 'The Wonder Years'.

A nice face off that should be a healthy one given their more recent rekindling of friendship.

Can't wait for this... Lord knows... WE WANNA HEAR YOU RAP!

'Te should release a great album, it'll be interesting to see if 9th's got a track on there or if indeed Nicolay will take over the boards... can't see this though as then it would just be another Foreign Exchange release.... looking forward to hearing who is featured on those tracks as well as who they're produced by!!!

Added (Thanks IB):

NEW INTERVIEW TOP OF PAGE 7!

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    should be dope i wonder if hes gonna spit or sing. either way im coppin. i think hell have a few 9th joints on there hope to hear Big pooh on there as well
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    should be dope i wonder if hes gonna spit or sing. either way im coppin. i think hell have a few 9th joints on there hope to hear Big pooh on there as well

Yeah, Pooh's surely a definite? It'll be pretty momentous if 9th's on there though, considering most LB fans kinda saw them separate and it never looked like their friendship was going to heal...

He's surely going to sing given his recent releases? If it's 50/50 I'll be pleased, anything more than that and I'll be chuft...
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Thread merge? This was done 2 days ago here...
    Oh and 9th will be producing, probably most I assume based off this:
    "I'ma pretty much sit down now and hash it out...If my record is like Amplified, just as an example, [9th Wonder] would be my J. Dilla," explain Phonte.

"I told him that I want him to set it off, and then any other producers we run with, they have to fit within that framework," said Phonte of his conversations with 9th, with whom he recently reconciled.
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14745/title.phonte-to-release-solo-album-charity-starts-at-home-on-september-27th
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited August 2011
    Oh and they've reconciled for a while now... they did this joint with Lil B and Jean Grae
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Thread merge? This was done 2 days ago here...
    Oh and 9th will be producing, probably most I assume based off this:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14745/title.phonte-to-release-solo-album-charity-starts-at-home-on-september-27th

Interesting, I don't want a majority produced 9th album with Phonte though, to be honest... 27th will be a great day for 9th if that's the case though...

No threads have been posted in The Essence, The Reason may have a separate thread, but this is for Essence posters... and I prefer to keep the two separate.

Check my first post too in relation to 9th's relationship with Tay. I also can't see a release from Foreign Exchange Music that won't have at least a few tracks produced by Nicolay on there... Nic could bring back his more varied beats that he showed us previously on Time:Line too.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, Pooh's surely a definite? It'll be pretty momentous if 9th's on there though, considering most LB fans kinda saw them separate and it never looked like their friendship was going to heal...

He's surely going to sing given his recent releases? If it's 50/50 I'll be pleased, anything more than that and I'll be chuft...

yea hes a good singer. but itlle be great to hear him spit. and yea ill be pleased as well if its 50/50
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    yea hes a good singer. but itlle be great to hear him spit. and yea ill be pleased as well if its 50/50

Definitely and what subject matter he brings, given that it's been heavy R & B/Soul in recent years... the track list suggests that it won't stay too far away from that as well...
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited August 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Interesting, I don't want a majority produced 9th album with Phonte though, to be honest... 27th will be a great day for 9th if that's the case though...

No threads have been posted in The Essence, The Reason may have a separate thread, but this is for Essence posters... and I prefer to keep the two separate.

Check my first post too in relation to 9th's relationship with Tay. I also can't see a release from Foreign Exchange Music that won't have at least a few tracks produced by Nicolay on there... Nic could bring back his more varied beats that he showed us previously on Time:Line too.

I could have sworn your initial post said something contrary.......
    Anyways yeah I agree I don't want a 9th mainly produced album. We already know what their chemistry is like so it makes no sense making what would be in essence a Lil Bro album, without what some would regard as the weakest link.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Anyways yeah I agree I don't want a 9th mainly produced album. We already know what their chemistry is like so it makes no sense making what would be in essence a Lil Bro album, without what some would regard as the weakest link.

No, don't think so, 2nd paragraph:
    RuffDraft wrote:
    A nice face off that should be a healthy one given their more recent rekindling of friendship.

No biggie either way!

Yeah, to me, it's a step backwards as well because 9th's production isn't up there like it was previously, to my ears at least...

Tay should look to work with other producers, I'd love to see a Kno produced track on there given that Tay has worked with CL in the past!
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Hands down one of the best cover arts and album title....I always look at this album LMAO!!

If you also get Phonte's humor, thats what gets you!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    Hands down one of the best cover arts and album title....I always look at this album LMAO!!

If you also get Phonte's humor, thats what gets you!

haha I love his pose the most, Tiggalo for sale, Tiggalo for sale lol. I like how he goes black and white often too; but GOAT album cover from Tay is:

fecover.jpg

The booklet to that album is nice as hell too.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Patiently waiting on this joint.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited August 2011
    September got a lot of heat coming out!!!!! This is most def a first day cop
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    September got a lot of heat coming out!!!!! This is most def a first day cop

Definitely, reminds me of the day that everything was brought out in March!!!
  • Sep-00
    Sep-00 Members Posts: 210
    edited August 2011
    i'm ready for it
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    9/27 is gonna be RIDICULOUS. Two of the five albums I was most anticipating coming out on the same day....
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yeah Tay is going to have 9th produced the majoity of it and i think it's going to be a good thing because they will bring the best out of each other. This is Tay real first solo and i think 9th is going to bring it. But Nicolay is going to have some tracks with ZO! working the keys and Khrysis might get a track or 2 on it.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Is it September yet? Can't wait for all the sick albumns to come out.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Elzhi and Phonte need to work together or something....it seems they would compliment each other extremely well......
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited August 2011
    I get the impression this will mostly be singing, and Phonte the singer does not interest me much. We need a proper Phonte solo rap album, ? could be greatness.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Elzhi and Phonte need to work together or something....it seems they would compliment each other extremely well......

Yes I in fact, want this to happen!!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i knew he couldnt stay away im checkin 4 this
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    I get the impression this will mostly be singing, and Phonte the singer does not interest me much. We need a proper Phonte solo rap album, ? could be greatness.

Even with 9th producing? I think they'll want to stick with their usual formula given that it seems posters believe he's producing a lot of the album? If he was going to sing, I think he'd stick with The Foreign Exchange.
    ice_cold wrote: »
    i knew he couldnt stay away im checkin 4 this

Do you mean from rap music? 'Cos he's never really left???
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited August 2011

I'm with Valentinez on this subject. I would really love to see him venture outside of his comfort zone a little bit and work with other people besides the norm. Like on that Gangsta Grillz little brother did Big Pooh talked about that a lil bit. It would just be interesting to see him switch it up some. I mean Nicolay's production is different than Illmind and 9th but he still makes a lot of laid back tracks. Either way it is good to see him rapping again and it is a first day buy Ipod and CD