R.I.P Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece, the GOAT is back!

Lambent
Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Animania
For now.............. -_-

be86ee62cb0bea97b60578e5cab7d5d8.jpg

65bfa061dfd24978fcb8f5d016b2faaf.jpg

Comments

• Lambent
    edited August 2011
    D-Jack wrote: »
    One Piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have you read HxH?

and maybe I should have left One Piece out of the title, it;s not right to associate OP with the likes of Naruto and Bleach.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lambent wrote: »
    Have you read HxH?

and maybe I should have left One Piece out of the title, it;s not right to associate OP with the likes of Naruto and Bleach.

what is it about... i got a manga app on my phone and im bored at work
  • Lambent
    edited August 2011
    ocelot wrote: »
    what is it about... i got a manga app on my phone and im bored at work

Probably too late but.

The manga starts off like the typical shounen manga, boy sets off on some goal. (well, bleach didn't start off like this, lol)

In this case Gon sets off to find his father, who his never seen before, all he knows is that his father is a Hunter, so at the age of 12 he sets off to go and enter the Hunter exam, He figures that if he becomes a Hunter as well, that would put him one step closer to finding his father.

Hunter's are people with amazing abilities, and there jobs vary.

Jobs include

Hunting rare objects

Capturing dangerous criminals

and eliminating creatures that are a threat to the Human race, among several other things.

Just read through the Hunter exam arc if you want to give it a try.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Considering Naruto,Bleach,One Piece are no where near my top ten animes or even 20.... What are you saying? lol

Ill check it out tho later
  • Lambent
    edited August 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    Considering Naruto,Bleach,One Piece are no where near my top ten animes or even 20.... What are you saying? lol

Ill check it out tho later

Depends on how many of your top 10 are in the Shounen category, there are tons of manga/anime I prefer over Naruto and Bleach as well.

Though, One Piece is in my top 5.

Sidenote: The author of Yu Yu Hakusho, is also the author of Hunter X Hunter.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Probably too late but.

The manga starts off like the typical shounen manga, boy sets off on some goal. (well, bleach didn't start off like this, lol)

In this case Gon sets off to find his father, who his never seen before, all he knows is that his father is a Hunter, so at the age of 12 he sets off to go and enter the Hunter exam, He figures that if he becomes a Hunter as well, that would put him one step closer to finding his father.

Hunter's are people with amazing abilities, and there jobs vary.

Jobs include

Hunting rare objects

Capturing dangerous criminals

and eliminating creatures that are a threat to the Human race, among several other things.

Just read through the Hunter exam arc if you want to give it a try.
    Aight ill check it out
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Depends on how many of your top 10 are in the Shounen category, there are tons of manga/anime I prefer over Naruto and Bleach as well.

Though, One Piece is in my top 5.

Sidenote: The author of Yu Yu Hakusho, is also the author of Hunter X Hunter.

Yea i'm watch it than
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Anybody watch Fairy Tale? That's a good anime too. It basically does everything that Naruto tries to do, but it actually does it all well.
  • Ishi
    edited September 2011
    Anybody watch Fairy Tale? That's a good anime too. It basically does everything that Naruto tries to do, but it actually does it all well.

Nope but ill give it a try
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Just finished deathnote last week...thats a really good series
  • Ishi
    edited September 2011
    Just finished deathnote last week...thats a really good series

Yep its def in my top 5.

Light was such a genius.

How he lied his way into getting that chicks real name in episode 7 still amazes me.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    That's whats up. I'm checkin out the old series.
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    GOAT?

CTRL+F "Berserk"

not found

Really ? ? ya'll don't know about berserk? No manga ? with this, unfortunately I can't read it now since the author is too busy ? with idol master.
  • Lambent
    edited November 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    GOAT?

CTRL+F "Berserk"

not found

Really ? ? ya'll don't know about berserk? No manga ? with this, unfortunately I can't read it now since the author is too busy ? with idol master.

I read Berserk, and I would put HxH over berserk. That's not something I would argue though, just a personal preference. I usually rate seinnen and shounen mangas separately, even though HxH is a borderline seinnen.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    i dont think it will be better than bleach and inuyasha
  • imm0rt4l
    edited November 2011
    I read Berserk, and I would put HxH over berserk. That's not something I would argue though, just a personal preference. I usually rate seinnen and shounen mangas separately, even though HxH is a borderline seinnen.

I don't ? with shonen anymore to be honest, ? is rife with moe, and stupid typical anime tropes. I'm very particular on what anime/mangas I get into and for that reason I don't ? with much of this media anymore. That isn't to say I won't give a shonen a try If it seems particularly interesting, But I'll take a good seinen over 'good' shonen any day. I hear a lot of good things about one piece for example, but at the end of the day it's competing with naruto and bleach which are ? imo. Doesn't help that the art style looks so wacky for me to even give it a shot.

JadaRoss wrote: »

Not trying to knock you, but I don't think either of those are any good. But then again I haven't read bleach in about 6 years...but I couldn't see myself going back. There is better stuff out there.
  • Lambent
    edited November 2011
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    I don't ? with shonen anymore to be honest, ? is rife with moe, and stupid typical anime tropes. I'm very particular on what anime/mangas I get into and for that reason I don't ? with much of this media anymore. That isn't to say I won't give a shonen a try If it seems particularly interesting, But I'll take a good seinen over 'good' shonen any day.

Not trying to knock you, but I don't think either of those are any good. But then again I haven't read bleach in about 6 years...but I couldn't see myself going back.

You might like HxH, it's not your typical shonen, and the it's very dark. Was being honest when I said it's borderline seinen, pretty much just as violent as your average seinen, only thing it is lacking is ? .

If you give it a try make sure to read the manga, because they watered down and edited the anime.

Typical HxH chapter:
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14106-1/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-97.html
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    Yep its def in my top 5.

Light was such a genius.

How he lied his way into getting that chicks real name in episode 7 still amazes me.

Damn I know I'm behind on this but...thank me later
  • Lambent
    edited November 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »

Bleach is one of the worst mainstream mangas out right now, second only to Air Gear.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited November 2011
    You might like HxH, it's not your typical shonen, and the it's very dark. Was being honest when I said it's borderline seinen, pretty much just as violent as your average seinen, only thing it is lacking is ? .

If you give it a try make sure to read the manga, because they watered down and edited the anime.

Typical HxH chapter:
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14106-1/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-97.html

Oh yea I know, hxh is legit, haven't read it in a long time though, may start over on it and catch up with gantz.
  • Lambent
    edited December 2011
    HxH just gets realer and realer.

Thing about HxH is the author is not afraid to ? people off. There is no "I've been seriously injured, but somehow I survived, but bad guys he get injuries that aren't as bad somehow die" (Bleach) and there is no "It was Genjutsu!" also, there is no "I'll just the last of m ypower to suddenly bring everyone back to life." (Naruto)

In HxH, major characters (who are good guys) die all the time, and it's usually brutal.

Most recently a ? was just decapitated.

Oh, and there was another main character who had his arm cut off, and then was decapitated as well. Then his killer sewed his body back up and turned him into a doll.

Another character was hacked into pieces, turned into a ball of meat, and then eaten.

^ and these were all semi important characters to the story.

6c46ddcb8fd7efbfc4d279c3d7308a06.png
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Iight that HxH joint is in the list of one of the manga scan sites I visit so I'll check it out
  • Lambent
    edited December 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    Iight that HxH joint is in the list of one of the manga scan sites I visit so I'll check it out

The new anime remake is on episode 10, but it's a bit censored compared to the almost berserk level violence in the manga.
  • jokaman_03
    jokaman_03 Members Posts: 39
    edited January 2012
    yea deathnote was a dope manga. liars game is right up that alley with how they get ove on people. i would reccomend that if you like deathnote