Produced by Amp

11. Special feat. Phonte, YahZarah, and Bahamadia
Produced by Astronote

12. Kiss the Sky feat. Sy Smith
Produced by 9th Wonder
Keys by Zo!

13. The Sender
Produced by 9th Wonder

Album available digitally on 8/16 (iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc..)

For more information on Median hit up: http://www.theforeignexchangemusic.com/2011/08/median---the-sender-1.php

www.theforeignexchangemusic.com

This is a cop....take me back
to 2003-2006 when The Justus League was blessing us with classic hip-hop. DJ Flash, 9th Wonder and Khyrsis in house Justus League Producers and DJ's at the helm straight bangin beats and cuts

Comments

• T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Will check it out when it drops, and Phonte dropping Sept. 27 if I recall correctly
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Props on this!

Definitely some nice features on this as well, Bahamadia and Rapsody too. Foreign Exchange Music is having a great year, have to see whether 9th's production is back on the up!! This should give us a chance to see where Phonte is at as well in terms of his choices with singing or rapping.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shoutout to my Sk homie, Median!!
    I will check for this too

check out his new twitter account @medianjl
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Listened to this album today, definitely a solid album, beats and lyrically.

Great to hear Phonte as well… definitely something to tie us over for his solo album…

Definitely a sleeper hit…
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Listened to this album today, definitely a solid album, beats and lyrically.

Great to hear Phonte as well… definitely something to tie us over for his solo album…

Definitely a sleeper hit…

Definitely a sleeper hit, its on my list as well...in fact I'd more than likely get this album before any
    of those September 27th albums!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Definitely a sleeper hit, its on my list as well...in fact I'd more than likely get this album before any
    of those September 27th albums!!

It's on my list now as well; solid release from Median, I'm happy for him…

But come on Trae!!! Over Phonte's?!
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's on my list now as well; solid release from Median, I'm happy for him…

But come on Trae!!! Over Phonte's?!

Oh Yea Definitely, I like Right On, Hi Five, Take A Chance!

Not to say that it's better or anything at all
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh Yea Definitely, I like Right On, Hi Five, Take A Chance!

Not to say that it's better or anything at all

What's Going On?! Lol. The beat on Right On is really, really nice… Take a Chance was great too…

Maaaan, Phonte's going to bring something even better, in my opinion… be interesting to see though, just great that there's so many great albums dropping….
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What's Going On?! Lol. The beat on Right On is really, really nice… Take a Chance was great too…

Maaaan, Phonte's going to bring something even better, in my opinion… be interesting to see though, just great that there's so many great albums dropping….

Honestly tho, I've listened to all of the Justus League members equally, obviously Little Brother the headline group of the major group so yea Phonte's project is definitely the most anticipated, but Median I've listened to for a long time as well, in fact I believe (its been so long I forget) Median is also Spitkicker alumni and I support all of them.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Honestly tho, I've listened to all of the Justus League members equally, obviously Little Brother the headline group of the major group so yea Phonte's project is definitely the most anticipated, but Median I've listened to for a long time as well, in fact I believe (its been so long I forget) Median is also Spitkicker alumni and I support all of them.

I've been a fan of Median for years too, due to the Foreign Exchange collabs. Particularly on 'Connected'. But do you not feel that Phonte as a lyricist as well as with his song-making abilities, kinda outshines Median? I support artists, but Phonte to me is just an epiphany in rap, period. I can't wait for his album to drop, it'll be top 5 of this year, for sure… and I don't normally make sweeping statements like that, but I do think he can hang with Section 80 and Oneirology (two of my favourites).

What do you think?
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've been a fan of Median for years too, due to the Foreign Exchange collabs. Particularly on 'Connected'. But do you not feel that Phonte as a lyricist as well as with his song-making abilities, kinda outshines Median? I support artists, but Phonte to me is just an epiphany in rap, period. I can't wait for his album to drop, it'll be top 5 of this year, for sure… and I don't normally make sweeping statements like that, but I do think he can hang with Section 80 and Oneirology (two of my favourites).

What do you think?

Yea I do and I will continue to follow Phonte's work but I just feel IMO he's too powerful (thats not a bad way), and I need someone like a Big Pooh or Median or LEGACY to bring us down to reality of sorts.

Album of the year contender?? Yes I believe in him and 9th, but I look for those real under the radar hits that no one looks for too!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yea I do and I will continue to follow Phonte's work but I just feel IMO he's too powerful (thats not a bad way), and I need someone like a Big Pooh or Median or LEGACY to bring us down to reality of sorts.

Album of the year contender?? Yes I believe in him and 9th, but I look for those real under the radar hits that no one looks for too!!

Too powerful on the mic or???

Yeah, of course, like The Left's Gas Mask etc. which did eventually catch on… but I think we have to praise and celebrate the underground artists such as Phonte who have literally come up and although they've not broke the mainstream, they've been creating a really impressive catalog for years…

Median is dope though, I did really enjoy this release as well…
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Too powerful on the mic or???

Yeah, of course, like The Left's Gas Mask etc. which did eventually catch on… but I think we have to praise and celebrate the underground artists such as Phonte who have literally come up and although they've not broke the mainstream, they've been creating a really impressive catalog for years…

Median is dope though, I did really enjoy this release as well…

Exactly, powerful on the mic!

Oh yea The Left was definitely under the radar although I do follow Apollo Brown's work, he's came out with some solid hits. One thing I also like about Little Brother, not just Phonte, was their Atlantic Records push of "The Minstrel Show" why? because they did gain more of an audience and following despite the controversy and the label problems. To me it was like we was watching their progress in the backseat and watching everything that was going on. And for conscious people, it was a statement and an exposure of BET's agenda and target audience.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Exactly, powerful on the mic!

Oh yea The Left was definitely under the radar although I do follow Apollo Brown's work, he's came out with some solid hits. One thing I also like about Little Brother, not just Phonte, was their Atlantic Records push of "The Minstrel Show" why? because they did gain more of an audience and following despite the controversy and the label problems. To me it was like we was watching their progress in the backseat and watching everything that was going on. And for conscious people, it was a statement and an exposure of BET's agenda and target audience.

Yeah, Apollo's brilliant on the boards, one of the best.

Yeah, that's true, they still got to 100,000 if I remember correctly as well??? It was annoying at the time and if I remember correctly, as you say, BET definitely showed their true colours. Either way, they're probably the last group to borderline break the underground for the mainstream after a few albums.
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah, Apollo's brilliant on the boards, one of the best.

Yeah, that's true, they still got to 100,000 if I remember correctly as well??? It was annoying at the time and if I remember correctly, as you say, BET definitely showed their true colours. Either way, they're probably the last group to borderline break the underground for the mainstream after a few albums.

Which is a shame, because this is what consequently is the reason for lack of variety in mainstream hip hop, this is what they are feeding this generation of kids.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have one Median album and it is okay but to be honest i don't think I would buy a project with just him again. LOL.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Which is a shame, because this is what consequently is the reason for lack of variety in mainstream hip hop, this is what they are feeding this generation of kids.

Pretty much, this is why I never get into arguments with Reason heads, it's not their fault that they're not exposed to the variety that lies in the underground and a lot of people find it hard to believe in something that they can't hear...
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    I have one Median album and it is okay but to be honest i don't think I would buy a project with just him again. LOL.

Lol, seriously though; this was a nice release. If you don't cop, check the download and see what you think of it; if you like it then you can have more Median CD's in your collection!!!
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pretty much, this is why I never get into arguments with Reason heads, it's not their fault that they're not exposed to the variety that lies in the underground and a lot of people find it hard to believe in something that they can't hear...

Which is why I call those stans "common people"
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Which is why I call those stans "common people"

Good point, I still think the common people will eventually become exposed to the underground with time; if they have a true love for hip hop and its culture.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Love this joint.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man, i did not know Median had this many fans...

Will cop.

This the song that put me on to him:
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Love this joint.

No doubt, I think it's in my top 5/10 of the year…
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He shoulted out my alma mater on this joint. "The Sender"

"My two step, it Utep, Hardaway amigo"

Those of us who have lived in EP find that hillarious.

Tim Hardaway's "killer crossover" was called the "utep two step" when he was in college.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Album's in my personal top 10 of the year

lyrics,beats , just the entire vibe of it

maybe not as "? " for some heads taste but it's a pretty solid effort

strictly for it's honesty.....