Couple of christianity questions

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    its a programed rection they are taught not to question ?

• Ishi
    edited July 2011
    The bolded sounds like something the anti-christ might say when he is revealed after the church leaves. There is a big lie coming when he is revealed. And I believe part of the lie will have something to do with "aliens". The social conditioning that the enemy has been propagating in regards to alien phenomena has increased drastically. I just pray that you will not be on the earth to know what the lie will be when the anti-christ is revealed.

Yo dog you know what the "Anti Christ" would say? That's a cool story bro
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    That's a blessing Cap that you have enough trust to leave your door and garage unlocked. I applaud you for having such faith. Now if you can have such faith in those things, imagine how much ? could accomplish in you and through you if you placed your faith in Him?

i tried that..
    i got more ? done believin in me then believin in ol' boy..

stopped lookin up and started lookin within.. i am ? ? .. i control my own destiny..
    even got me some followers who worship me. bwahahahaha
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i tried that..
    i got more ? done believin in me then believin in ol' boy..

stopped lookin up and started lookin within.. i am ? ? .. i control my own destiny..
    even got me some followers who worship me. bwahahahaha

Do you think it's a coincidence the most religious countries in the world are the most broke and filled with poverty?

I don't.
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    Do you think it's a coincidence the most religious countries in the world are the most broke and filled with poverty?

I don't.

the people doin the preachin aint. hahahahaha
    they're the richest!!!!
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited July 2011
    smh @ all parties involved!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    the people doin the preachin aint. hahahahaha
    they're the richest!!!!

LOL damn right they doing good. Deep down, I'm sure most of these preachers know its a scam.......they just smart enough to make a dollar off it (or 25 million in the case of TD Jakes).

SMH at the Pope living in a billion dollar fortress with his own army while most Catholic nations are poor as ? .
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    capitalb wrote: »
    i tried that..
    I got more ? done believin in me then believin in ol' boy..

Stopped lookin up and started lookin within.. I am ? ? .. I control my own destiny..
    Even got me some followers who worship me. Bwahahahaha

foolish talk bruh.... Grow up... Smh @ "ole boy"
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    foolish talk bruh.... Grow up... Smh @ "ole boy"

Funny thing is that's advise I feel most religious people should follow instead of doing nothing besides praying and wishing things to come how about actual doing it

Realize that you can pray all you want but if you don't go out and do it nothing will happen ? doesn't work like that.

Pray all you like ain't ? gonna come out of it.
  • psychobone
    psychobone Members Posts: 57
    edited July 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    Funny thing is that's advise I feel most religious people should follow instead of doing nothing besides praying and wishing things to come how about actual doing it

Realize that you can pray all you want but if you don't go out and do it nothing will happen ? doesn't work like that.

But the invisible man who lives in the sky has a really convincing story
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    ishi wrote: »
    funny thing is that's advise i feel most religious people should follow instead of doing nothing besides praying and wishing things to come how about actual doing it

realize that you can pray all you want but if you don't go out and do it nothing will happen ? doesn't work like that.

... When you pray.. You still must take action... I cant pray to ? that you pass your math test and u not show up 2 take it.....

People still must do there part, take care of what you can and let ? take care of the rest
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    ... When you pray.. You still must take action... I cant pray to ? that you pass your math test and u not show up 2 take it.....

People still must do there part, take care of what you can and let ? take care of the rest

so if U pray and nothing happens because U did none of the work its UR fault... u have no one to blame but urself??
    but if U pray and do the work necessary to make it happen its because of ? ?? and to him be the glory??
    and im the "foolish" one?? hahahahahaha
  • Ishi
    edited July 2011
    so if U pray and nothing happens because U did none of the work its UR fault... u have no one to blame but urself??
    but if U pray and do the work necessary to make it happen its because of ? ?? and to him be the glory??
    and im the "foolish" one?? hahahahahaha

^^^ that mentally plagues the rest of my family Its sickening to see how foolish we as human beings are to just believe ? we are told and live are life on that ideal

I'm so glad as a kid i was a smart ass and didn't buy into that bullshiting and run wit it for the rest of my life couldn't image living on a idea so frail.
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    so if u pray and nothing happens because u did none of the work its ur fault... U have no one to blame but urself??
    But if u pray and do the work necessary to make it happen its because of ? ?? And to him be the glory??
    And im the "foolish" one?? Hahahahahaha

rule 1#... ? answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no

just like with ya parents... They love you and want the best for you.. But you aint gone always get what you ask for just cause you are "good"

ive prayed for plenty of things and didnt get it... I was salty, but charged it to the game... Come 2 find out, ? sent me something much better than i

expected....
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    pralims wrote: »
    What if the people that turned there life over to the lord and promised to obey and follow Jesus. What if the day Jesus returned he took all his followers with him to "heaven". But then Jesus turned out to be an alien from another planet and he took his followers to another planet or a place called heaven and they were turned into slaves.

so i got cussed out and called all types of lowlife atheists and what not. And when they asked why do i beilieve this or even have the guts to ask.....i took them about thinking outside the box and the sumerians and how they could have possibly been created to be slaves for an alien race and whatever....
    but why do people get so definsive about religion and just shut out anything else or any other possibility. but what if this did happen?

its the bolded you attacked first knowing the reaction you were in a church lol you trolling church
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    its the bolded you attacked first knowing the reaction you were in a church lol you trolling church

it was a what if type question and i was asking to think outside the box a lil.....it wasnt an attack....not like i was saying "yall stupid, this is what it is"
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    rule 1#... ? answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no

just like with ya parents... They love you and want the best for you.. But you aint gone always get what you ask for just cause you are "good"

ive prayed for plenty of things and didnt get it... I was salty, but charged it to the game... Come 2 find out, ? sent me something much better than i

expected....

are we, are arent we in agreeance that by ur logic..

"if u pray and nothing happens because u did none of the work its ur fault... U have no one to blame but urself??
    But if u pray and do the work necessary to make it happen its because of ? ?? And to him be the glory??"
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    ^^^ that mentally plagues the rest of my family Its sickening to see how foolish we as human beings are to just believe ? we are told and live are life on that ideal

I'm so glad as a kid i was a smart ass and didn't buy into that bullshiting and run wit it for the rest of my life couldn't image living on a idea so frail.

dont say we.. cause i swear im from another planet. hahahaha
    but yeh.. i know exactly what u mean.. and whats funnier.. is if u dont blindly believe the dumb ? the dummies call u a ? .. or in this case "foolish" hahahahaha

? never fails to ? me up...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    When you assault something that's integral to someone's identity how do you expect them to act? It's like calling a ? whitey type dude a "sell out". These people obviously built their lives around this thing, who is he to question them on it? This isn't the 1600's anymore. The battle between science and religion is over....Science won. If someone chooses to make religion the foundation upon which they build their lives, who's this guy to question that in their place of worship?

It's corny. That's some ? I would have done in high school. But guess what....I grew up.

It doesn't sound like he attacked anything. He simply brought an alternate interpretation of the belief system up for discussion. People who react like that don't really believe. They are just brainwashed. People who have legitimate belief in something can defend it and don't get upset when it is questioned because it gives them the chance to further express their ideals. People who are brainwashed can't do that because they don't fully understand the basis of their ideals. They can only proceed as far as their indocrtrination will allow. Past that, they can only resort to emotional outbursts.

The funny part is that Christians are supposed to spread the 'Word' to nonbelievers. How can you have any type of reasonable persuasive conversation if you can't appropriately deal with their questions?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Well you need the peace of Christ which passeth all understanding to help you understand the spiritual realm b braze. Because right now your just talking from a carnal nature.

Heaven is so much more than anything humans can ever conceive of. Just to see ? face to face is heaven for me. But we will also rule and reign with Him as Kings and Priests forever and ever We will also be able to explore the endless treasures of His creation. The farthest reaches of the universe will be able to be transversed by us forever and ever.

over who, exactly? what does that even mean? if everyone who goes to heaven get to be king, wouldnt that make being "king" lose some of its luster?
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    [QUOTE=The Lonious Monk;2960100]It doesn't sound like he attacked anything. He simply brought an alternate interpretation of the belief system up for discussion. People who react like that don't really believe. They are just brainwashed. People who have legitimate belief in something can defend it and don't get upset when it is questioned because it gives them the chance to further express their ideals. People who are brainwashed can't do that because they don't fully understand the basis of their ideals. They can only proceed as far as their indocrtrination will allow. Past that, they can only resort to emotional outbursts.

The funny part is that Christians are supposed to spread the 'Word' to nonbelievers. How can you have any type of reasonable persuasive conversation if you can't appropriately deal with their questions?[/QUOTE]

he clearly new what the response would be he clearly expected that reaction and if he was in a christian church and he know anything about christianty( which the ts has proved he does ) then he knew that one of the pillars of christianity is eternal life in heaven ant that heaven is a better place than hear not a plantation for human slaves. he shot first and they defendend themselves.

its one thing to be an athiest and not believe but its another to be out attacking christians beliefs at a church
    i dunno it just seems like the same thing athiest complain about
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    over who, exactly? what does that even mean? if everyone who goes to heaven get to be king, wouldnt that make being "king" lose some of its luster?

Not everybody will be kings in the kingdom and not everybody will be priests in the kingdom. When Jesus Christ returns in glory there will be people still alive on earth to witness it. Some of those people who were faithful to Him will enter into His kingdom at the sheep and the goat judgment.

Those who are the sheep will be the ones who will re-populate the earth during the 1,000 year reign of Christ and they will be the ones who will be ruled over by the church (kings), Israel (priests) and the king of kings, Jesus Christ.

Also there will be different administrations for believers during the kingdom. Not everybody will have the same level of responsibilities. The level of responsibility that one has in the kingdom is determined by the level of faithfulness one has during this lifetime.

After the final judgement of the wicked, ? will create a new heaven and earth. What will take place during the eternal wonders of heaven is yet to be seen. I just thank the Lord that He predestined me to take part in that world to come! Hallelujah!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    he clearly new what the response would be he clearly expected that reaction and if he was in a christian church and he know anything about christianty( which the ts has proved he does ) then he knew that one of the pillars of christianity is eternal life in heaven ant that heaven is a better place than hear not a plantation for human slaves. he shot first and they defendend themselves.

its one thing to be an athiest and not believe but its another to be out attacking christians beliefs at a church
    i dunno it just seems like the same thing athiest complain about

Maybe you and I are just taking what he said differently. To me he presented the people with a "What If?" scenario. You're acting like he was speaking to them as if what he was saying was the absolute truth. The fact is that the Bible describes Heaven as a paradise not of this world. Another planet could surely fit that bill. Also, plenty of Christians interpret Heaven as being a place where you'll serve, praise, and commune with ? and Jesus forever. Take away the negative connotations associated with the word slave, and it can be reasonably used to describe that setup. Hell, if you read the Qu'rann Jesus is depicted as one of if not the most important prophet in the faith and even he is referred to as an 'honored slave.'
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    are we, are arent we in agreeance that by ur logic..

"if u pray and nothing happens because u did none of the work its ur fault... U have no one to blame but urself??
    But if u pray and do the work necessary to make it happen its because of ? ?? And to him be the glory??"

1. Depends on what it is you prayed for....somethings you cant do anything about.. You have 2 leave it in the hands of ? ... And if ? feels the need to allow this thing to happen or not, is soely up 2 him and his reasoning...
    2. Yes... Like if you fill out an application.. U clearly met all the requirement for it but 150 other people do also.. And you get the job... Praise ? !
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    dont say we.. cause i swear im from another planet. hahahaha
    but yeh.. i know exactly what u mean.. and whats funnier.. is if u dont blindly believe the dumb ? the dummies call u a ? .. or in this case "foolish" hahahahaha

? never fails to ? me up...

I CALLED YOU FOOLISH SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAID.. "i am ? ? .. i control my own destiny..
    even got me some followers who worship me.".. FOOLISHNESS