Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ic and religion smh.......
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ic and religion smh.......
    whats the problem?

I actually enojoy hearin the ic's view on ? .....

I didnt know that this many people didnt believe in ? until i joined the ic
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Not everybody will be kings in the kingdom and not everybody will be priests in the kingdom. When Jesus Christ returns in glory there will be people still alive on earth to witness it. Some of those people who were faithful to Him will enter into His kingdom at the sheep and the goat judgment.

Those who are the sheep will be the ones who will re-populate the earth during the 1,000 year reign of Christ and they will be the ones who will be ruled over by the church (kings), Israel (priests) and the king of kings, Jesus Christ.

Also there will be different administrations for believers during the kingdom. Not everybody will have the same level of responsibilities. The level of responsibility that one has in the kingdom is determined by the level of faithfulness one has during this lifetime.

After the final judgement of the wicked, ? will create a new heaven and earth. What will take place during the eternal wonders of heaven is yet to be seen. I just thank the Lord that He predestined me to take part in that world to come! Hallelujah!

Explain these responsibilities and administrations...

You sayin ? gonna wake you out that deep dark sleep and put you right to work? How you gon have time to traverse the universe workin as Jesus' secretary? He give vacation time? For all that high falutin' nonsense you kick, heaven sound a lot like earth. A few elite minority ruling over the majority.

How long before the next rebellion, I wonder?
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    51871be2-01d4-4b4d-801f-cffd94af1b01.gif
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I CALLED YOU FOOLISH SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAID.. "i am ? ? .. i control my own destiny..
    even got me some followers who worship me.".. FOOLISHNESS

so if my thoughts and ideals arent aligned with urs mines are automatically foolish???
    is that not foolish in a way??

and i still stand by all that i said.. i wasnt jus tryin to be funny...
    when u do what i do.. u cant help but laugh at religion.. im sorry.. too many parallels..
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    capitalb wrote: »
    so if my thoughts and ideals arent aligned with urs mines are automatically foolish???
    Is that not foolish in a way??

And i still stand by all that i said.. I wasnt jus tryin to be funny...
    When u do what i do.. U cant help but laugh at religion.. Im sorry.. Too many parallels..

ur thoughts are foolish because they dont align with ? and his word...

And why does pimpin cause u 2 laugh and religion?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ur thoughts are foolish because they dont align with ? and his word...

And why does pimpin cause u 2 laugh and religion?

cause thats all religion is..
    ? taxin his hoes..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    Explain these responsibilities and administrations...

You sayin ? gonna wake you out that deep dark sleep and put you right to work? How you gon have time to traverse the universe workin as Jesus' secretary? He give vacation time? For all that high falutin' nonsense you kick, heaven sound a lot like earth. A few elite minority ruling over the majority.

How long before the next rebellion, I wonder?

The responsibilities and administrations are yet to be seen. Nobody has been rewarded yet because the millenial kingdom is not here yet. Jesus did leave us some clues though. The parables He spoke gave subtle insights about His soon coming kingdom. One example can be seen in the parable of the talents.
    Reference Luke 19.

So from Luke 19 we can see that the millennial kingdom will have countries, provinces, cities, and towns in it. And these countries, provinces, cities, and towns will have rulers over them. So again, depending on how faithful a believer was to the Lord in this life, it will determine the level of responsibilty one has in the life to come.

So my advice to you is what Jesus said to all who have ears to hear:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal." Matthew 6:19-20
  • DRO
    edited July 2011
    the responsibilities and administrations are yet to be seen. Nobody has been rewarded yet because the millenial kingdom is not here yet. Jesus did leave us some clues though. The parables he spoke gave subtle insights about his soon coming kingdom. One example can be seen in the parable of the talents.
    Reference luke 19.

So from luke 19 we can see that the millennial kingdom will have countries, provinces, cities, and towns in it. And these countries, provinces, cities, and towns will have rulers over them. So again, depending on how faithful a believer was to the lord in this life, it will determine the level of responsibilty one has in the life to come.

So my advice to you is what jesus said to all who have ears to hear:

"lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal." matthew 6:19-20

.. Im not gone make a new thread.. But what do you mean by administrations?

Like once we die.. Its heaven or hell...

So once we go 2 heaven/the new earth.. Like what is the need for roles and responsibilities?.. A chain of command.. And this thing you speak of those who had more faith than others will be in higher positions? (faith the size of a mustard seed right)

like there will be no more evil, no struggle... Nothing bad... So why all of this?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    .. Im not gone make a new thread.. But what do you mean by administrations?

Like once we die.. Its heaven or hell...

So once we go 2 heaven/the new earth.. Like what is the need for roles and responsibilities?.. A chain of command.. And this thing you speak of those who had more faith than others will be in higher positions? (faith the size of a mustard seed right)

like there will be no more evil, no struggle... Nothing bad... So why all of this?

? will delegate responsibilities to the saints because we are a kingdom of kings and priests.

"And hath made us kings and priests unto ? and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." Revelation 1:6

"And hast made us unto our ? kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." Revelation 5:10

"Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of ? and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."
    Revelation 20:6

Those are just a few of many scriptures which declare that the saints of ? will rule with Him in the new creation. If you read the parable of the talents, you will see that Jesus will give those who were faithful charge over "cities" in the kingdom to come.

"11And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of ? should immediately appear. 12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." Luke 19:11-27

And yes it will be like a chain of command. ? will be the KING OF KINGS and all will be accountable to Him. I'm speaking of the kingdom age in particular, which is the 1,000 year rule of Jesus Christ on earth. The saints will also judge angels during this time, so I can only hypothesize that ? will let the saints see how the original rebellion started and thus be in agreement with the Lord about how severe a punishment the angels will receive in the lake of fire.

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" 1 Corinthians 6:3

There are many things that the saints will be doing during the kingdom age. Things that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no brain has even imagined. We are talking about the Alpha and Omega here. His wonders, wisdom, knowledge, power, and understanding are infinite. There are many treasures that ? will give in the life to come to those who are faithful in this life. Treasures which far exceed anything this world has to offer. So it all remains to be seen my brother. All we can do is just walk by faith and trust the Lord my friend. ? will never fail us. ? will never disappoint us. Whatever ? has in store for us on the other side, will be more than anybody could of ever imagined. I just want to get there so that I can be part of His eternal kingdom. ? bless you.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    51871be2-01d4-4b4d-801f-cffd94af1b01.gif

GOAT Gif,,...
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Well, it could be that maybe no one has an answer for those questions...or these questions are not the right ones to be asking. It seems like everyone has a perspective on Christianity that varies from person to person. You may get someone to give you an answer, but you may find someone that disagrees...or you may disagree.

But, I guess I'll be the first victim. I don't believe that Heaven is just a place to get away from sin. It would make Heaven out to be something that anybody can attain. I'm not familiar with Satan being the "prince"...but the Bible does say he is the father of lies. Why was Jesus forsaken? When Jesus was crucified, he bore the weight of sin and ? despises sin.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    memphis10 wrote: »
    I was raised Christian and like most taught to never question. however as I get older, I get more and more confused about the religion. there are few nagging questions that I have :

1. If heaven is where we go to escape the sin and torment of this world, how was Satan able to sin and cause anuprising in heaven and get him and 1/3 of heaven kicked out of heaven?

because its an imaginary place. and anything goes in fantasyland. why didnt isildur throw the ring into the fire? because then we wouldnt have the movie trilogy
    2. if Satan is the prince of evil, then who is the king?

never heard him called by that title
    3. if Jesus was ? as a man here on earth, why did he ask why had ? forsaken him when he was on the cross?

any takers?

because Jesus (if he actually existed) obviously wasnt ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    A lot of the things in the bible are useless when taken literally, and that's where these kinds of questions come from. Imo trying to get literal answers to literal interpretations of the bible is a waste of precious energy. Look for more symbolic, metaphorical and allegorical meanings instead.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited August 2011
    1. Satan is an angel and not human. As an angel he has always been in the presence of ? . He brought sin to heaven by his rebellion and was defeated and cast out.

2. This is a man made title there does not need to be a King of Evil.

3. This gets into the concept of the trinity which is always a bit dicey. Jesus was a man and an incarnate ? . He is suppose to be "one in being with the lord" yet separate from him. Several christian beliefs exist.

a. Jesus and ? are separate but both one in being. (This is the holy trinity with the Holy Spirit making up the 3rd part.) Based on this separation he is appealing the alternate aspect ? for an answer.

b. Jesus was a man while on earth with just his mind knowing the truth. In this model Jesus has been separated from his divinity while a mortal. He is only returned to his divine state after he ascends into heaven.

c. Jesus was merely a mortal.
  • DRO
    edited August 2011
    I was raised Christian and like most taught to never question. however as I get older, I get more and more confused about the religion. there are few nagging questions that I have :

1. If heaven is where we go to escape the sin and torment of this world, how was Satan able to sin and cause anuprising in heaven and get him and 1/3 of heaven kicked out of heaven?

3. if Jesus was ? as a man here on earth, why did he ask why had ? forsaken him when he was on the cross?

any takers?

HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL BE DESTROYED.. SO WHEN WE DIE WE WILL TRUELY BE IN A SIN FREE WORLD.... ALSO.. I HAVE ASKED THE SAME EXACT QUESTION AND HAVE NEVER GOTTEN AN ANSWER... HOW IS HEAVEN PERFECT WHEN THEIR WAS SIN IN HEAVEN....

PRINCE OF EVIL IMO IS MORE SO JUST A TERM/NAME.... THE DEVIL IS THE ULTIMATE EVIL...

Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” How does Isaiah 45:7 agree with the view that ? did not create evil? There are two key facts that need to be considered. (1) The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.” Notice how the other major English Bible translations render the word: “disaster” (NIV, HCSB), “calamity” (NKJV, NAS, ESV), and “woe” (NRSV). The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures. However, due to the diversity of possible definitions, it is unwise to assume that “I create evil” in Isaiah 45:7 refers to ? bringing moral evil into existence

BUT IN THE BIBLE I WANT YOU TO READ LEMENTATIONS 3:38

I DONT AGREE THAT JESUS WAS ? ... JESUS WAS APART OF ? ... BUT HE WASNT ? ... JUST LIKE THE HOLY SPIRIT IS APART OF ? .. BUT IT IS NOT ? .....

JUST AS IN THE EXAMPLE YOU GAVE.. ALSO..

DID ? DIE ON THE CROSS?.. CAN ? DIE?... CAN ? BE TEMPTED?.. CAN ? PRAY TO HIMSELF?

ALSO....IN THE BIBLE.. IT CLEARLY TELLS YOU THAT ? IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT KNOWS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END.. NOT EVEN JESUS KNOWS THAT....
  • DRO
    edited August 2011
    preciate talks input....I read that verse in lamentations I'm not quite sure what I was to find tho

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
    that both calamities and good things come?

YOU ASKED WHO WAS THE KING OF EVIL... THERE IS NO "KING" OF EVIL.... LIKE I SAID THE "PRINCE" IS JUST A NAME THAT IS USED FOR THE DEVIL

? MAD GOOD AND EVIL.. HENCE THE VERSE I PRESENTED YOU
  • DRO
    edited August 2011
    cool cool i gotcha...i notice in isiah 45:7 ? said he creatrs evil also. Which is even more confusing. Why would our adversary be satan because of his evil ways, but ? said that he creates peace and evil? Seems like when you ask questions, you leave with more questions than answers huh

thats how it is man....

Im the same way..

But you have to create a left in order to have a choice to go right or not...

If there was no "left" you would be forced to only go one way.. And ? will not force anyone to serve him, so you have that choice....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    This is why the AAT is the best explanation, more plausible, possible and makes sense.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    what's aat?

Ancient alien theory.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Well they say the devil is always tryin to make us sin, but ? is on our side to help us stay straight. The battle is within us not them.
  • judah7
    judah7 Banned Users Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    cool cool I gotcha...I notice in Isiah 45:7 ? said he creatrs evil also. which is even more confusing. why would our adversary be Satan because of his evil ways, but ? said that he creates peace and evil? seems like when you ask questions, you leave with more questions than answers huh

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Amos 3:6
    Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    to me i say neither! It's even. you have the control by what decisions you make. Its an everyday struggle. So it's all on you!