So How Does a ? Go About Being Romantic??

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Powder Room
I figured this would be the correct place to ask. All men in general have a problem with grasping the concept of being romantic and im
one of them. Ever so often my wife will say you need to be more romantic and im totally dumbfounded as to what to do.Dont get me wrong I do a lil but im trying to take it to the next level. Im not the cliche type thats gonna wash my wife up in a milk bath or make a trail of rose petals and all that, I just need some practical and real advice.

Comments

• yanniiiee
    yanniiiee Members Posts: 465
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think when a woman wants you to do something "romantic" she really just wants you to do something sweet and or relaxing for her without it having to result in sex.. (although it likely will anyway). Just try giving her a body massage or cook for her.. show her you appreciate her.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yanniiiee wrote: »
    I think when a woman wants you to do something "romantic" she really just wants you to do something sweet and or relaxing for her without it having to result in sex.. (although it likely will anyway). Just try giving her a body massage or cook for her.. show her you appreciate her.

yea pretty much @ the bolded

but her some roses
    or a gift card randomly

massages are nice also candle lit dinners (that she didnt have to cook)
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How your wife gonna wait till after yall got married tho? lol Shouldnt you doing what yall was doing before all that be enough?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    How your wife gonna wait till after yall got married tho? lol Shouldnt you doing what yall was doing before all that be enough?

some people tend to forget that they gotta keep up what they started
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    some people tend to forget that they gotta keep up what they started

But he talkin like he aint never been romantic or at least to what she's wanting now. I think she askin for too much. Dude was doing something right without all this "romance" for them to get married.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wash her hair. massage her feet,buttocks, shoulders, neck. prepare a healthy dinner for her. light some candles and play all the things by joe.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    call her to let you know you're thinking about her.. make her a dinner (hopefully something that's not greasy).. practice chilvary..
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    But he talkin like he aint never been romantic or at least to what she's wanting now. I think she askin for too much. Dude was doing something right without all this "romance" for them to get married.

either or askin for a little romance dosent seem like she's askin for too much, you cant expect to do the same ol same ol day in and day out forever and not expect someone to get tired of it, gotta spice ? up.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Never was much of a romantic....I could never take the intimacy.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Ever so often my wife will say you need to be more romantic

My girl tells me this all the time....
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In my experience, just paying close attention to things makes them happy. Romantic gestures can be as small as little compliments and asking how they're doing. Course they aint gonna complain if you plan some date without asking them first. Spontaneous is key.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There's no uniformity concerning romance. Some chicks may think the most romantic thing in the world is to get a box of Godivas, while the next the chick, if you gave her Godiva's would look at you funny because she's allergic to chocolate. Some chicks enjoy intimiate walks on a local waterfront promenade, while the next one would be bored out her mind. The best way to find out the answer to this question is to ask the chick you're trying to ? what she finds romantic and incorporate those ideas and thoughts into your next date.
    Good luck.
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    Options
    well i love the baths and stuff like that,but i like things from the heart that some celeb didnt do in the movies or on tv. i love letters, poems, something creative! my man is poet and rapper and he wrote me the most beautiful song ever and its on his cd! so everyone that hears this song will hear how he loves me! be involved in her things that she likes that she probably dont think you are interested in! do something that she would totally not expect you to do! at the end of the day, you know her better than anyone.You'll know what to do if you would just listen!
  • yanniiiee
    yanniiiee Members Posts: 465
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well sex is great and everything I would just prefer it if I knew he was doing something to make me happy and not just to have sex.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok I hear where the ladies are coming from. But what is the female equivalent of being romantic???

What do you do for your man that's out of the ordinary???

I know I've been "making a name for myself" lately lol but I'm serious tho

I love the challenge of suprising the girl I'm feeling in different ways etc, making her smile even tho she was already in her "I'm ? at the world" mode
    I even already know how I'm gonna propose to my future wife and I haven't even met her yet LOL

But I feel cheated when I do ? like that for women. Because women seem to get this attitude of entitlement. And get mad when they aren't getting it as much etc.
    It's like it spoils a woman. And yall don't really return the effort. Makes me feel like I'm getting played LOL that's why I don't do it
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you need to find lady thats gonna return the effort brodie cause we arnt all like that
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I would prepare a real nice meal now that I can cook some serious dishes... take her out on a fancy broadway show after, she loves that ? , and get some drinks and deserts on rooftop patio.

Preparing for next week chea.
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you need to find lady thats gonna return the effort brodie cause we arnt all like that

^^^ this seems like game to me

you didnt answer the question

what do YOU do in return??

how do YOU reciprocate the effort???
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Instead of smaccin the ? , give it a gentle caress nh.
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok I hear where the ladies are coming from. But what is the female equivalent of being romantic???

What do you do for your man that's out of the ordinary???

I know I've been "making a name for myself" lately lol but I'm serious tho

I love the challenge of suprising the girl I'm feeling in different ways etc, making her smile even tho she was already in her "I'm ? at the world" mode
    I even already know how I'm gonna propose to my future wife and I haven't even met her yet LOL

But I feel cheated when I do ? like that for women. Because women seem to get this attitude of entitlement. And get mad when they aren't getting it as much etc.
    It's like it spoils a woman. And yall don't really return the effort. Makes me feel like I'm getting played LOL that's why I don't do it

I am seriously wondering what kind of women you been with...all women are not like that and remember we usually find people who are like us....so ask yourself a few questions
  • rapbizla
    rapbizla Members Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I am seriously wondering what kind of women you been with...all women are not like that and remember we usually find people who are like us....so ask yourself a few questions

Seriously, it sounds like you are hanging out with the wrong women my friend! Some women are just leaches, but not all women are that way!
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2011
    Options

Wow ok well since none of ladies "who aren't like that" can't seem to think of anything that you do to reciprocate the effort I'm just gonna assume your either on some fantasy ? Or your just a selfish self centered brat with an attitude of entitlement

Maybe the women I'm dealing with are just like you. Cause they can't think of romantic ? to do for me either LOL

I'M not even trying to turn this into a battle. All I'm saying is that if I do all that ? for you, what is the equivalent that you are doing for me. You should easily be able to post what you do for your man. You could atleast lie LOL
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rapbizla wrote: »
    Seriously, it sounds like you are hanging out with the wrong women my friend! Some women are just leaches, but not all women are that way!

Ok well what does your girl do for you???

It's not about Any girl I'm dealing with. I'm single. LOL I'm just trying to get an understanding. I've dealt with girls who did certain ? . I just want to know if that is supposed to be the equivalent.

Seems like everyone got defensive when I made that post. Just give me an understanding. I haven't been in many relationships
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We'll I try to be different with each chick but for the most part I got the most feedback from:

It's a rainy evening and I have a balcony so I would open up the sliding door and light some candles after dimming the lights. I would put my stereo on low enough to hear the quiet storm on the radio. The glare of the blue light coming from the stereo compliments the candle lit room.. I take the small table from my kitchen and place it on the balcony. Decorate it nice with roses, small candles and Ice bucket with a bottle of moet in it. In the kitchen I broil 2 salmon steaks and whip up some asparagus with some rice pilaf or something.. Shower up and dress up a lil bit. Throw something on that I would wear to work. 8:PM the buzzer rings. Open the door and gasp at her beauty for a min. Lead her to the couch where I kiss her and take her shoes off. I start massaging her feet while asking her if she's hungry. Candle lit dinner on the balcony... The sound of the rain.. the city lights in the distance.. The streets are eerily quiet.. Go back inside.. By this time she cant keep her hands off me.. Gets ? on the couch after that.. The only witness is the man in the moon as the moonlight shines off us...

Anyway.. This always works for me^
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? I always thought having sex was romantic.....I thought if I don't bust a nut on her head that's romantic......what the ? do these hoes really want from a playa. Roses ? with that ? .....I be happy with a girl that can cook real food y'all can keep all that romance ? ? ...