**Evidence - Cats & Dogs Dropping 27.9.2011 (2 New Interviews, Talks WestCoast)**

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
evidence-cats-dogs_jpg_300x300_crop-smart_q85.jpg

1. The Liner Notes feat. Aloe Blacc
2. Strangers
3. The Red Carpet feat. Raekwon & Ras Kass
4. It Wasn’t Me
5. I Don’t Need Love
6. You
7. ? Bless That Man
8. Fame feat. Roc Marciano & Prodigy
9. James Hendrix (Stepbrothers)
10. Late For The Sky feat. Slug & Aesop Rock
11. Crash
12. Where You Come From? feat. Rakaa, Lil Fame & Termanology
14. To Be Continued…
15. Falling Down
16. Well Runs Dry feat. Krondon
17. The Epilogue

Im not too sure which tracks but Evidence claims that 2 of these tracks are produced by Premo. My 1 guess would be "Where you come from?" simply from the line up.

Can't wait for this to drop! Definitly picking it up, The Weatherman Lp is a personal classic and the Layover Ep was amazing.

Who's Copping?

*edit* Video:

New video, 'You' Produced by DJ Premier

Comments

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm copping, Rhymesayers put out nothin but quality music..
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    I'm copping, Rhymesayers put out nothin but quality music..

I cant remember where but Slug said in a interview that he thinks this project is the best one he's heard in the last 5 years. I hope he's right.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    I cant remember where but Slug said in a interview that he thinks this project is the best one he's heard in the last 5 years. I hope he's right.

That's unbelievable if so!! Looking forward to it; but wasn't looking forward to it enough to make the thread... I don't know how much I'll like it; he's one of those emcee's I have enjoyed in the past, but never rushed back to a track of his to replay it.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Copping it immediately, I expect DJ Premier to play tracks from the album!!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah copping..... September 27th is potentially gonna be a definitive date in hiphop history with the amount of heat being dropped!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah copping..... September 27th is potentially gonna be a definitive date in hiphop history with the amount of heat being dropped!

We've had two definitive days in hip hop this year:

22nd March:

CunninLynguists - Oneirology
    Pharoahe Monch: W.A.R
    Zion I and The Grouch: Heroes in the Healing of the Nation
    Big K.R.I.T: Return of 4EVA

27th September:

Evidence: Cats & Dogs
    Big K.R.I.T: Live From the Underground
    Phonte: Charity Starts At Home
    J-Live: S.P.T.A. (Said Person of That Ability)
    9th Wonder: The Wonder Years
    J. Cole: Cole World: The Sideline Story

Definitely agree with your post though, 6 great drops!
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    We've had two definitive days in hip hop this year:

22nd March:

CunninLynguists - Oneirology
    Pharoahe Monch: W.A.R
    Zion I and The Grouch: Heroes in the Healing of the Nation
    Big K.R.I.T: Return of 4EVA

27th September:

Evidence: Cats & Dogs

Big K.R.I.T: Live From the Underground
    Phonte: Charity Starts At Home
    J-Live: S.P.T.A. (Said Person of That Ability)
    9th Wonder: The Wonder Years
    J. Cole: Cole World: The Sideline Story

Definitely agree with your post though, 6 great drops!

All cd's im looking forward to.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All cd's im looking forward to.

Nice picks, I'm thinking that J-Live will be worth a listen too… along with K.R.I.T's, but less so.
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nice picks, I'm thinking that J-Live will be worth a listen too… along with K.R.I.T's, but less so.

Never got into K.R.I.T, his music never made a impression on me. And on the 22nd march i was more focused on Pharoahe dropping (which was a dissapointment IMO)
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Never got into K.R.I.T, his music never made a impression on me. And on the 22nd march i was more focused on Pharoahe dropping (which was a dissapointment IMO)

Did you still check out the CL project as well? That was my most hyped project and it's still in my top 5 of this year...

Did you check Somedayz? That's my favourite track from K.R.I.T, but agreed; apart from that I don't have that much knowledge of his catalog.
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Did you still check out the CL project as well? That was my most hyped project and it's still in my top 5 of this year...

Did you check Somedayz? That's my favourite track from K.R.I.T, but agreed; apart from that I don't have that much knowledge of his catalog.

Nahhhh i didnt Draft, i know your a big Cunninlynguists fan, But to be honest, im thinking cause i JUST got into them, i got A Piece of Strange which is amazing, but i havent over heard it yet. So in my mind ill download it or buy some more. Ill put it on the list. Ill probably get it when ive given Piece of strange more listens. It is a great album.

Fav song is: What'll You Do. I love the sample in it.

As for this song.... you gotta love that 93 Til beat.... first time i heard that beat was Kanye did a version and i was getting into more pure sounding hip hop and it was like a revelation for me as a hip hop fan.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nahhhh i didnt Draft, i know your a big Cunninlynguists fan, But to be honest, im thinking cause i JUST got into them, i got A Piece of Strange which is amazing, but i havent over heard it yet. So in my mind ill download it or buy some more. Ill put it on the list. Ill probably get it when ive given Piece of strange more listens. It is a great album.

Fav song is: What'll You Do. I love the sample in it.

As for this song.... you gotta love that 93 Til beat.... first time i heard that beat was Kanye did a version and i was getting into more pure sounding hip hop and it was like a revelation for me as a hip hop fan.

Yeah, true... when you're listening to the best in their catalogue, I can't see why you'd rush to get their fourth or even fifth best... after that you should get ? Acres and then SouthernUnderground/Will Rap For Food... then get their newest release...

Yeah, What'll You Do and Where Will You Be? Are both really reflective tracks, even if one is an instrumental. The whole concept of that album is genius though.... can't knock it. My favourite is The Gates... the production on that along with the storyline is just mind-boggling to me; the best in their catalogue alongside Seasons, Mic Like A Memory and a few others...

Yeah, 93 beat is amazing! I'd like to hear that Kanye track if you know where to find it on YouTube!!
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah, true... when you're listening to the best in their catalogue, I can't see why you'd rush to get their fourth or even fifth best... after that you should get ? Acres and then SouthernUnderground/Will Rap For Food... then get their newest release...

Yeah, What'll You Do and Where Will You Be? Are both really reflective tracks, even if one is an instrumental. The whole concept of that album is genius though.... can't knock it. My favourite is The Gates... the production on that along with the storyline is just mind-boggling to me; the best in their catalogue alongside Seasons, Mic Like A Memory and a few others...

Yeah, 93 beat is amazing! I'd like to hear that Kanye track if you know where to find it on YouTube!!

Ive got Kanye's Freshmen adjustment mixtapes 1-3, pretty good stuff. Personal fav track from all of them is Apologize

Great track, i wish he would Re-do this song or straighten out the track quality.

Im gonna go on a mission to find out what What'll you do samples, cause its just amazing haha. it will be out on the internet somewhere!?!

Thanks for the suggestions on what to get next. I got into the Kno - Death is silent I still bump A New Day all the time. and They told me is the standout song on that album IMO.

? , i just realised the Gates has 80 plays on my itunes haha. It is the standout song on the album, amazing concept. i think it goes over peoples heads though.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ive got Kanye's Freshmen adjustment mixtapes 1-3, pretty good stuff. Personal fav track from all of them is Apologize

Great track, i wish he would Re-do this song or straighten out the track quality.

Im gonna go on a mission to find out what What'll you do samples, cause its just amazing haha. it will be out on the internet somewhere!?!

Thanks for the suggestions on what to get next. I got into the Kno - Death is silent I still bump A New Day all the time. and They told me is the standout song on that album IMO.

? , i just realised the Gates has 80 plays on my itunes haha. It is the standout song on the album, amazing concept. i think it goes over peoples heads though.

That apologise is wayyyy old, I have that on a mixtape I copped just when Kanye was starting to get a buzz for College Dropout... I'm not so sure if it's a leftover from that album or what but it is nice :tu

I don't know if you'll find them... they're maybe discussed on youtube videos, but that's a lot of digging... the list of samples used on A Piece of Strange has never been leaked... there was news about the album this year too, I found the article here:
    The Cunninlynguists' primary producer has been served with a cease and desist over samples used on their '06 LP 'A Piece of Strange.'

It's been nearly two decades since Biz Markie's landmark sample clearance case in 1991, and Hip Hop artists are still reeling in its wake. Now, Cunnin;ynguists producer Kno is latest beatsmith to feel the industry's wrath, as the producer was served with a cease and desist order over his group's album A Piece of Strange.

The QN5 producer received the cease and desist last year after the representative from an as-of-yet unidentified artist illegally sampled in one or more of the songs off the group's '06 album. According to aboveGroundMagazine.com, YouTube members' comments about Kno's use of samples may have inadvertently prompted the suit. Kno took to the QN5 message board to explain that although he understands sampling clearance laws, he's willing to take the risk because of his love for the music.

"[A Piece of Strange] would have cost $3+ million to clear all of the samples on it - but some people have told me it literally saved their lives," he said. "Should it not exist? Should I now be lectured on legal morality by people with just as many skeletons in their closets and blunts in their ashtrays just because they want to defend their right to talk about samples on one of the biggest websites in the world?" (aboveGroundMagazine.com)

He also added, "The music I make infringes on copyrights. I am aware of this and have been aware of this, that is why I don’t stress getting rich off of it, I tell people to download it if they want to and I sink any money I do make back into making more records...I am not 'blaming fans,' I’m stating facts...public discussion of specific instances of copyright infringement in my work is making it impossible to even create the music period, even if I were to give it away for free. It would still end up on YouTube and I’d still get served by Google-searching lawyers and publishing houses who think they might be able to squeeze money out of me." (aboveGroundMagazine.com)

Although Kno's comments about his future in music may appear dismal, the famed independent producer explained to aboveGround in a recent email that he will only quit making music if it is an absolute necessity.

"I said, again, i[f] ‘X, Y and Z’ happens I won’t have any other choice," he explained. "If THAT happens, then I will quit due to necessity. That hasn’t happened, so I am not quitting. I feel like the guy who makes a passing remark about a bad day at work only to have 10 of his co-workers call his boss jockeying for his ‘eminently opening position’. I get to work Monday and there’s a bunch of ‘We’ll Miss You, Bob!’ cards on my desk." (aboveGroundMagazine.com)

Despite Kno's recent sampling issues, the Cunninlynguists are preparing to release their fifth album Oneirology on March 22 via QN5 Records. Kno also released his debut solo LP Death is Silent last year to critical acclaim.

It's a shame that he has to jump through so many hoops, but APOS is that good because of KNO's production, so I'm glad we got to hear that music...

Yeah, The New Day is incredible, I love the buzz that he creates... really resonates and completes the track with the woman's vocals. For me personally, that album was so sonically similar, that it was hard to digest in parts, it was really a whole listening experience, but I think you've picked out a great track in They Told Me. Deacon stopped by on that track, he's so underrated as an emcee.... 'for love's a hard reason to keep my life in suspension' off What'll You Do? is a line that's delivered with such ease... he's on another level to most...

hahaha man, I listened to it around that many times on my old iTunes when it first dropped... it's THAT good, seriously, in my top 10 tracks of all time. I've never buzzed off production like that, I think ever, period. Probably does go over people's heads... the fact that you need to listen to Never Know Why to understand the concept completely just makes it even more complicated... but I take from it what I need/understand... and that's enough. Incredible.
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Expecting an album of the year candidate. Ev doesn't disappoint. Loved the first solo and I am a long time Dilated Peoples fan. That track with Slug and Aesop could be epic.
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ Draft, Just realised i posted the wrong track from Ye.

I posted that electric relaxation by accident, they did them both on the mixtape.

& Thats crazy, 3 Mil for sample clearances if they wanted to do it Legit. I like the points kno raises, and i like how he puts the music before the money. Not many (if any) people in the industry would do that.
    Expecting an album of the year candidate. Ev doesn't disappoint. Loved the first solo and I am a long time Dilated Peoples fan. That track with Slug and Aesop could be epic.

Yeah Man, Ev has never disappointed me, so im really looking forward to it. Slug & Aesop are a good team, so hopefully that track will live up to its hype.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options

That is a great feature… I'm going to go and listen to his earlier stuff before it drops, it never really impressed me when it dropped, but it seems to be much loved here, so I'll definitely give him more of a go…
    @ Draft, Just realised i posted the wrong track from Ye.

I posted that electric relaxation by accident, they did them both on the mix tape.

I did wonder lol. Thanks, I'll check it out!
    Stupot0607 wrote:
    & Thats crazy, 3 Mil for sample clearances if they wanted to do it Legit. I like the points kno raises, and i like how he puts the music before the money. Not many (if any) people in the industry would do that.

Yeah Man, Ev has never disappointed me, so im really looking forward to it. Slug & Aesop are a good team, so hopefully that track will live up to its hype.

It is crazy considering that the music he makes need to last him for life money-wise. That's why it's always good to support the independent artists in particular. But I could see that it would cost like Kanye's to produce… the sound and sampling is just flawless, particularly on that record, but generally on all of their albums. Kno's up there with the best and probably my favourite producer in the underground.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Found this over at Fashionablyearly.com:

20110819-CATSDOGS.jpg

01 Falling Down
    02 Strangers
    03 I Don’t Need Love
    04 It Wasn’t Me
    05 You

Above are the tracks featured in the sampler for Cats & Dogs which hits shelves on September 27th. Also you should definitely preorder it. As usual with Rhymesayers, you get an autographed copy by Evidence himself with the Pre-order.

DOWNLOAD: Evidence – Cats & Dogs [Album Sampler]
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Options
    New video - Same Folks Featuring Fashawn:

Production is on point, great track and video too! Great to hear something new from Fashawn on a personal note as well - 'Stop calling me fashion' lol.
  • stupot0607
    edited August 2011
    Options
    New video - Same Folks Featuring Fashawn:

Production is on point, great track and video too! Great to hear something new from Fashawn on a personal note as well - 'Stop calling me fashion' lol.

Good drop, im not gonna get the sampler, id rather just wait for the official release...........
  • stupot0607
    edited September 2011
    Options

Here is the Sampler if anybody is interested ^^^^^^
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options

Here is the Sampler if anybody is interested ^^^^^^

Already posted on the previous page lol! But props for contributing! Definitely looking forward to hearing this now!!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    New video/Track - You Produced by DJ Premier

Nice cut!!
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    been a fan since work the angles. evidence production is on par with alchemist if not better. so many dope cats came out of that late 90's underground movement in the west.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    been a fan since work the angles. evidence production is on par with alchemist if not better. so many dope cats came out of that late 90's underground movement in the west.

List them if you will :tu I feel the amount of artists pouring out of the West at the minute is far superior to the rest of the States.