**Evidence - Cats & Dogs Dropping 27.9.2011 (2 New Interviews, Talks WestCoast)**

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    List them if you will :tu I feel the amount of artists pouring out of the West at the minute is far superior to the rest of the States.

Rasco/Planet Asia/Cali Agents
    Peanut Butter Wolf
    Living Legends/Mystik Journeymen/Grouch/Scarub/Asop etc
    Encore
    Shiggar Fraggar/Invisibl Skrach Picklz
    Aceyalone/Abstract Rude/Project Blowed
    Alkaholiks
    Lootpack

etc etc
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    Rasco/Planet Asia/Cali Agents
    Peanut Butter Wolf
    Living Legends/Mystik Journeymen/Grouch/Scarub/Asop etc
    Encore
    Shiggar Fraggar/Invisibl Skrach Picklz
    Aceyalone/Abstract Rude/Project Blowed
    Alkaholiks
    Lootpack
    etc etc

Can you school me on Encore and Shiggar Fraggar? I'm aware of/fans of the rest...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    Can you school me on Encore and Shiggar Fraggar? I'm aware of/fans of the rest...

The Shiggar Fraggar Show was on K-Day way back...

from my channel.
    Encore came out of the Peanut Butter Wolf camp and created Executive Lounge with Dave Dub, Grand The Visitor. Think he only had one solo album called Self Preservation. If you like Rasco - Time Waits For No Man, you should like this album alot.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    ^^^ Massive props :tu

Thanks, you should check back more often and share your knowledge of the West's underground :tu
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    ^^^ Massive props :tu

Thanks, you should check back more often and share your knowledge of the West's underground :tu

mad classics from the vaults. east or west. it don't matter. dope music is dope music. respect.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    mad classics from the vaults. east or west. it don't matter. dope music is dope music. respect.

Nice, I thought you might have been a region head dropping in for the West coast underground stuff, you should stop by period then.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Good drop, im not gonna get the sampler, id rather just wait for the official release...........

C/S...
    New video/Track - You Produced by DJ Premier

Nice cut!!

"Dope Beats, Dope Rhymes, this Hip Hop ain't really that hard!!!" ~Phonte~

S/N: Nice to hear Fashawn on a record again! Anyone know when he's dropping some new stuff? Also is the Same Folks joint gonna be on the Ev album because it wasn't listed in the tracklisting?
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    S/N: Nice to hear Fashawn on a record again! Anyone know when he's dropping some new stuff? Also is the Same Folks joint gonna be on the Ev album because it wasn't listed in the tracklisting?

What does S/N stand for???

Fashawn is slightly MIA recently, he's dropped his two mix tapes, Higher Learning Vol. 2, Grizzly City 3 and Ode to Illmatic…

But Fashawn's sophomore album, Ecology is still TBA, but is set to be produced by Exile! Which I'm about to drop a thread about :tu
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited September 2011
    What does S/N stand for???

Fashawn is slightly MIA recently, he's dropped his two mix tapes, Higher Learning Vol. 2, Grizzly City 3 and Ode to Illmatic…

But Fashawn's sophomore album, Ecology is still TBA, but is set to be produced by Exile! Which I'm about to drop a thread about :tu

Yeah I just dropped a post in that thread; Props for the update. You never answered my Q on the Same Folks record though! lol
    S/N = Side Note
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I just dropped a post in that thread; Props for the update. You never answered my Q on the Same Folks record though! lol
    S/N = Side Note

? , sorry. I think I got carried away and side-tracked talking about Fashawn!

I don't believe it's going to make the cut no, it's a strange one because I first took it as the single for the album (as I think most blogs did, it was also weird that it appeared on YouTube (I believe on his channel), where he promoted it as a track from the album, with a pre-order link to Cats & Dogs... but it doesn't look like it's on there anymore. Who knows? Maybe it'll show up as a bonus cut… it was a solid track, so it's surprising to say the least… unless there's a problem with the sample clearance or some sorta 'ish like that.

What I do know however is that Same Folks will be available as a digital download with all pre-orders… so maybe it's a marketing thing.

*EDIT* Yeah, that's right, it's only available as a digital download that will come with the physical copy of the album when you pre-order it via fifth element… they're a debatable company though as one of the members here has had trouble with their packaging, although I think it's a rare example. I've contemplated the pre-order but my budget is tight at the minute, especially with Phonte and co. dropping and I've just spent near $160 on 4 CD's from Japan :/
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2011
    Definitely buying this.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    That Premo song was amazing, the video was good aswell.... Defo got a good feeling about this album
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    ^^^ Nice track, props on the drop :tu
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited September 2011
    Album is dope as hell. ONly one and a half listens so far but the beats are dope, rhymes are dope, and Ev sounds hungrier on this than he did last time around. Really like the Premo track and the track with Slug, but ? it, its all good. No doubt to be one of my favorites of the year.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Man this track is ? trifling, I definitely adding this album to my list now!!
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    dude can make some good ?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited September 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    @ traestar...
    SMH @ me thinking you was about to drop an official video! LOL but yeah this track goes haaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    @ traestar...
    SMH @ me thinking you was about to drop an official video! LOL but yeah this track goes haaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just canned that link, this isn't the official official...but it'll do!!

http://hulkshare.com/l6puthcgqmiz
  • traestar
    edited September 2011
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    This is the next album I need to cop; there's loads of albums I just want to buy, but they crossover with the fact I want to import a bunch of releases from Japan more than anything else.

Great videos Trae, love Rhymesayers and how they put these videos together.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Album is amazing.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    finally copped it yesterday..dope album from Ev..Rhymesayers been puttin out quality music all year..
  • traestar
    edited October 2011
    This is the next album I need to cop; there's loads of albums I just want to buy, but they crossover with the fact I want to import a bunch of releases from Japan more than anything else.

Great videos Trae, love Rhymesayers and how they put these videos together.

It has also gotten rave reviews as well, DJ Premier, DJ Finesse, Panchi...all loved those videos!

This one too, I've been hearing about..
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    It has also gotten rave reviews as well, DJ Premier, DJ Finesse, Panchi...all loved those videos!

This one too, I've been hearing about..

Props, I'm giving it a listen this week; it's my mission!!
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Late for the Sky was my favorite song right away, but now Red Carpet moved ahead of it. That beat is ? crazy.