Nas And Jay z >>>>> Pac And Biggie!!!

Options

Comments

• gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    While I've always prefered Nas n Jay over Biggie n Pac, comparing them in 2011 is as flawed a logic as comparing Kobe to Jordan in 2011 when Jordans retired. In 1996, when they were all popping, I've maintained Nas was the best and that hasnt changed. Jay has exploded in stature and pushed himself into second place, like it or not. Either way, those r prolly four of the greatest.
  • dnero
    dnero Members Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nas fell off, so its jay vs. pac & big.....ehh, no competition.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign this thread because of Nas.

Nas >>>>> Pac >>> Biggie > Jay.

Prime JayZ is better than Biggie, but we got to see Jay fall the ? off and with every new album he tarnishes his legacy even further. JayZ is like top 15/20 status now.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nope, Big and Pac will forever be better. Jay and NaS have had amazing careers and have created an amazing legacy in their own right. But Big and Pac was something speical, something different that changed the way we felt about Hip Hop. Jay and NaS were in some ways influenced by both. Jay and NaS are living Legends in Hip Hop for sure but Big and Pac are just iconic. If anything, Jay and NaS proved there spots as one of the greatest of all time after Big and Pac died, but it's clear at the end of the day, Pac and Biggie remain the most popular and iconic rappers ever.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nope, Big and Pac will forever be better. Jay and NaS have had amazing careers and have created an amazing legacy in their own right. But Big and Pac was something speical, something different that changed the way we felt about Hip Hop. Jay and NaS were in some ways influenced by both. Jay and NaS are living Legends in Hip Hop for sure but Big and Pac are just iconic. If anything, Jay and NaS proved there spots as one of the greatest of all time after Big and Pac died, but it's clear at the end of the day, Pac and Biggie remain the most popular and iconic rappers ever.

I agree with ur post, but Pac wasnt as talented as the other 3. I dont care how u spin it, its just the truth
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what are u talking
    pac got new music releasing all the time
    what the ? are u talking about.

I meant that unlike Ja-Z and Nas he is not able to himself release anything, its always other people releasing un heard songs....
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have a very hard time trying to passionately argue about something as subjective as music/art...
  • daheartzofmen
    daheartzofmen Members Posts: 191
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you have a very hard time bustin a nut too.
    Little JJ wrote: »
    I have a very hard time trying to passionately argue about something as subjective as music/art...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Nas released Illmatic in '94 and was considered one of the GOATs off of that one album. Both Pac and Biggie were alive during that time period and both respected Nas. Nas was making his mark WHILE Pac and Biggie were taking over the game. Nas had rap beef with both Biggie and Pac. If anything Big and Pac were Nas' peers. He wasn't influenced by either of them in the way you're talking. If anything the influence was mutual on some I respect ? craft ? . Get ya facts straight bruh.

What you were saying was somewhat accurate for JayZ since he didn't pop until after ? died, but none of that ? applied to Nas.

P.S. All 4 are iconic rappers. Pac and Big because they died. Nas because of skills. Jay because of success.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pac had already sold close to 10 million while alive

not sure what Nas number was....

but i do agree Nas held his own, he was just below the both of them, Pac> BIG=Nas...in terms of fame and success while alive, Jay wasnt even on the radar

Also Pac was checkin for Nas and vice versa, first time they met, they hugged up and gave daps to each other, also Pac quoted phrases from IWW, so Nas was mos def a contender while alive

Jay was just riding Biggy coatails
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pac had already sold close to 10 million while alive

not sure what Nas number was....

but i do agree Nas held his own, he was just below the both of them, Pac> BIG=Nas...in terms of fame and success while alive, Jay wasnt even on the radar

Also Pac was checkin for Nas and vice versa, first time they met, they hugged up and gave daps to each other, also Pac quoted phrases from IWW, so Nas was mos def a contender while alive

Jay was just riding Biggy coatails
    Bit or quoted? U call ''quoted'' cuz caput is the accuser, huh?
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    Bit or quoted? U call ''quoted'' cuz caput is the accuser, huh?

quoted to diss him and mentioned his name

"? don't like Ugly, It Was Written
    Ayo, Nas, your whole damn style is bitten (you sound like Rakim, man)
    You heard my melody, Read about my life in the papers.
    All my run ins with authorities(Trick!),felonious capers (Punk!)
    Now you want to live my life, So what's the hustle, Nas."

the "you heard my melody" was a Rakim song, but Pac was using it as a double meaning, in regards to Nas song on IWW about being shot 5 times and leaving the hospital the same day.

Pac was checkin for Nas thats fo sho
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So 68% Agree With Me Right Now
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited August 2011
    Options
    , but nas aint made anything classical since stillmatic

nas hasnt made anything "classical" since, uh, ever. He's a rapper.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah.

Nas and Jay passed them a couple years ago.
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pac & Big are Diamond...........................CLOSE THREAD!
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »

what do album sales have to do with it?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nas>all them ?
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Nas>all them ?

True!!!!!!!!!!!
  • reverend_al
    reverend_al Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    I agree with ur post, but Pac wasnt as talented as the other 3. I dont care how u spin it, its just the truth

Agreed. Tupac is a bigger icon then the other 3 but falls behind in talent. The court cases and beefs made his career what it was.
    Mostly all of ? Tupac wrote could of been mistaken for something written by a 4th grader and all the charisma and emotion can't compensate for that..
  • DanknDrank
    edited August 2011
    Options
    what do album sales have to do with it?

legacy, album sales, talent, rapping, don't matter, jay & nas aint seeing them two cats............sorry

tumblr_loifxzdGoN1qa1kzy.jpg
  • DanknDrank
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Agreed. Tupac is a bigger icon then the other 3 but falls behind in talent. The court cases and beefs made his career what it was.
    Mostly all of ? Tupac wrote could of been mistaken for something written by a 4th grader and all the charisma and emotion can't compensate for that..

• DanknDrank
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »

yall should be listening to this guy right here, he got that real muthafucka vision
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    THey both are good but there are a lotta better.