Murs: Love & Rockets Vol. 1 (The Transformation) 11/10/2011 - ? . by Ski Beatz

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Have not heard anything about this until seeing this video on YouTube, a whole album produced by Ski Beatz dropping October 11th, 2011!

Looks like we're going to end 2011 with a bang! NoYork! Still set to drop this year as well as all the releases set for September 27th! Looking good!

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Nice i love ski beatz! prolly be better than a 9th wonder album. murs stays recording.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yess!! Ski Beatz is a really great producer! And Murs always puts 100% into his projects. Can't wait for this to drop!!!!

i was gonna make a totally seperate thread, But ill just post it in here as it seems to fit. But the song "And This is For..." is one of the greatest hip hop songs ever IMO. Its like in the same bracket as I Used to Love H.E.R. Just straight up real Hip Hop explaining the state and direction. The Lyrics are just on point.

i would post the video but Youtube (Yes Youtube) Has a internal error........ Im suprised the earth is still spinning.

*edit* Back:
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Nice i love ski beatz! prolly be better than a 9th wonder album. murs stays recording.

This could be a really good move for Murs, he messed up on his major label release... was a shame to see, but hopefully this release its much better! I never really checked for Fornever, but a Ski Beatz album will definitely have me checking for this one...
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Yess!! Ski Beatz is a really great producer! And Murs always puts 100% into his projects. Can't wait for this to drop!!!!

i was gonna make a totally seperate thread, But ill just post it in here as it seems to fit. But the song "And This is For..." is one of the greatest hip hop songs ever IMO. Its like in the same bracket as I Used to Love H.E.R. Just straight up real Hip Hop explaining the state and direction. The Lyrics are just on point.

i would post the video but Youtube (Yes Youtube) Has a internal error........ Im suprised the earth is still spinning.

*edit* Back:

Definitely a great track!!! I don't know if it's in the same bracket as I Used to Love H.E.R. but it's definitely one of my favourites from Murs. 3:16 is still his best release that I've heard from him...
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Good looking, will cop

I've ordered Ski's 24 Hr Karate School Part 2

Should be with me soon
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, this should be good. Ski Beatz sounds like a good match for Murs' style. Definitely anticipating this.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Good looking, will cop

I've ordered Ski's 24 Hr Karate School Part 2

Should be with me soon

Let us know how that is if you can Dilla, be great if you could drop a thread :tu
    Yeah, this should be good. Ski Beatz sounds like a good match for Murs' style. Definitely anticipating this.

He sounded nice over the beat in the video, but it's just great to see another producer teaming up with an emcee and putting out some 'ish. Can't beat these collaborations, taking it back; the sound is just superb because you're capturing not just the emcee's point in life, but the producers sound too.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Any more news about this release? I'm excited to hear him over Ski's beats… I think it could give him the push that he needs… nearly a month to go.
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    When i first got into the underground I couldn't get enough of murs. Then i copped that EP with 9th wonder (not fornever) and totally dropped dude. Then for the heck of it i copped fornever and it was just some good ole hip hop. This thread makes me wanna put that "end of the begining" on play for a couple of days yo... good memories
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    When i first got into the underground I couldn't get enough of murs. Then i copped that EP with 9th wonder (not fornever) and totally dropped dude. Then for the heck of it i copped fornever and it was just some good ole hip hop. This thread makes me wanna put that "end of the begining" on play for a couple of days yo... good memories

Murs 3:16 The 9th Edition and Murrays revenge are the best albums from Murs and 9th. the most recent two are just bleh
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Ski Beats I ? with, talented producer!!
    I will be looking for this project!!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    firstt day cop!!this ? gonna be dope.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Any more come out on this one? I'll have a research tomorrow if not :tu
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Love this album. One of Murs best.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    skeep wrote: »
    Love this album. One of Murs best.

That good???

I thought from the beats from it that it'd be up there!! Stoked to hear it now!! :tu What's some of the best from the album?