Nike vs Adidas

Options
tab58064
tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Pretty Sneaky
I know Nike is the choice of most people over all other brands, but I've become a fan of Adidas lately. How y'all feel about Nike and Adidas?? I been wearing Nike for years religiously and I'm kinda tired of the brand & everybody around me acting like no other kicks exist. LOL!

Speak on how you feel about the 2 and post pics of what your rockin' or Nike or Adidas you plan to get soon.

Comments

• runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i tell you what when nike stops makeing the dopest sneakers in the world ill stop rocking them...with that said the starwar and def jam adidas line are g.o.a.t.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nike is the king of all sneakers...

There are some cold addidas shoes out though. I only got turned on to Adidas recently. Before that it was all Nikes
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is a difficult comparison because IMO nike created the sneaker culture here in the States and sneakers are inextricably linked with this generation through sports and music. It'll really come down to whether you prefer "moon shoe" style of Bball shoes or not cuz that IMO is the only think Nike does better than Adidas.
  • 6ft5
    6ft5 Confirm Email Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is a difficult comparison because IMO nike created the sneaker culture here in the States and sneakers are inextricably linked with this generation through sports and music. It'll really come down to whether you prefer "moon shoe" style of Bball shoes or not cuz that IMO is the only think Nike does better than Adidas.

What do you mean when you say "moon shoe"?
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Both..........
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nike. They fit my feet better.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Got to go with Adidas
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ADIDAS
    I no of no other sneakers out there
    what are these inferior things
  • tab58064
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I agree for the most part, but you lost me and most folks here with the "moon shoe" thing.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nike is GOAT. the best shoes are made by nike: jordan, air forces, air max, etc.
  • tab58064
    edited August 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Nike. They fit my feet better.
    I use to feel the same way until I copped a pair of Adidas that I just had to have because of how they looked. I must say the comfort of the ones I picked up in comparison to a simlar looking Nike that I owned where no different. Hell, I hated the feel of shell toes a long time ago, but I bought a pair of those after I bought the Adidas that I was just talking about and I actually have no problems with the way they feel and my jeans fit over them just how I like. I am/ was a huge fan of A1s, and I know people say that they are an all-purpose shoe that will never go out of style, but a good pair of white on white shells work just as well IMO. Especially with jeans.
  • tab58064
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thinking about copin' these. What y'all think? http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7717127/23137
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    I use to feel the same way until I copped a pair of Adidas that I just had to have because of how they looked. I must say the comfort of the ones I picked up in comparison to a simlar looking Nike that I owned where no different. Hell, I hated the feel of shell toes a long time ago, but I bought a pair of those after I bought the Adidas that I was just talking about and I actually have no problems with the way they feel and my jeans fit over them just how I like. I am/ was a huge fan of A1s, and I know people say that they are an all-purpose shoe that will never go out of style, but a good pair of white on white shells work just as well IMO. Especially with jeans.

Cosign. I was the king of forces all through out middle school and high school... Never thought I would rock a pair of shell toes until a couple months ago and they are definitely just as fresh if executed right.
  • 6ft5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm going to say Nike being that I own more Nikes then any other brand but I'm not opposed to buying whatever I like.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thinking about copin' these. What y'all think? http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7717127/23137

I like these.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Even though overall I like Nike better, I love classic Adidas. Shelltoes and Gizelles were my shoe of choice in middle school.
  • 6ft5
    edited August 2011
    Options

I think they are a nice casual sneaker they will look good with fitted jeans
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • MarshalJames
    MarshalJames Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It is a tough choice but i will say that Nike is the best.I am not saying due to the my own personal interest but Nike's outfits are quite fit and perfect usually.Its general perception otherwise second company is also good.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nike is the undisputed King of urban footwear.It ain't even a question.Adidas ain't even better than Reebocks.Come on son.
  • tab58064
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Nike is the undisputed King of urban footwear.It ain't even a question.Adidas ain't even better than Reebocks.Come on son.
    Adidas are not better than Reebok?? Where you been living at?? Reebok trying to make a comeback and that kool, but note that I said "a comeback" which mean they are behind. Nike might be the "undisputed king of URBAN footwear" but there is a lot more ground that makes up the world than just URBAN areas. Yeah Nike has more market share, but the point of this thread is to get some feedback on a brand that makes nice kicks and is popular too.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    6ft5 wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say "moon shoe"?

Basketball sneakers are often time very high on the leg and have huge soles, giving them a moon boot-like profile as in:

tecnica_moon-boots_weiss_white.jpg

(of course this an exaggeration but you get the gist)

Some bigger sneakers like dunks aren't so bad, but shoes like those seen below are some of the worst perpetrators (and I own those shoes)

nike-air-flight-lite-high.jpg

Modern fashion design worldwide has been shifting toward clothing items that present a more slimmer, streamlined look (something the Europeans have been doing for generations)
    so there's been something of a backlash against heavier shoes like some of the more popular nike designs (hence why nike is 2nd fiddle to Adidas and Puma over in Europe).
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    nike is better than all period...but thats not to say the rest are trash...but u said "vs"
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm really not a brand loyalist when it comes to footwear. My favorite shoe is the Jordan 11 and Penny Foamposite 1's but thats mainly because of the player and the nostalgia that comes with it.

I have a dope as pair of Adidas Nizza... Leather blk with a white bottom that goes hard... probably my 3rd favorite shoe.

Now when Im balling its easy to choose Nike... thats the safe bet and Double stacked zoom is comfy... but lately some of Nikes have been very expensive and they just fall apart way to fast.

Theres been a few Reeboks that I love to .... one pair that I have my eye on are the Pump Fury superlites (google it)... Neon yellow blk and red... super dope but i dont know where to find them.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nike has no equal.