MMORPG players?

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming
Anyone still play these? i played Everquest way back in the day and WoW when it first dropped. im gettin a new computer here in a few weeks and i was hoping to get back into one but everquest is dead and i dunno if i want to get back into WoW and start all over.

anyone playing any at the moment? i wanna check out that rift game it looks pretty ill. Ive been hearing a lot about Perfect world also, its completely free from what i gather, anyone else want to recommend me something? or anyone play rift or perfect world?

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm currently playing three mmo's

Champion online, those who love marvel comics will love this because they have the opportunity to create their own superhero.
    Here's a video review, it's not as accurate as it was since the game is f2p(free to play) now as well as pics of me playing in game. I just happen to make my guy look like sub zero.[IMG][/img]fa93zs.jpg
    [IMG][/img]15wcnfb.jpg
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Forsaken world that is also f2p and is was made by the same people that made perfect world.
    Review, and i will update this later with pics.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOTRO(Lord of the ring online), like the others is a f2p.
    Review: will update later with pics.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I play runes of magic. use to play Wow but it took up too much space on my laptop and before that I played anarchy online
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Vindictus..couple of others awhile back...when I was younger, Maplestory
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont have time for this stuff.

yea you do ? , you in the uk. Fit this ? in between tea and crumpets.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Vindictus..couple of others awhile back...when I was younger, Maplestory

Whats your vindictus charecter name? mines is Devilsedge
  • Lou Cypher
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I heard the next fallout is supposed to be a MMORPG not the ideal fps but will be cool!
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    There a "sandbox" server program called AmBer that lets u play WoW offline lol......only catch is ...unless u want other online players (by using Hamachi)...it just u and the NPCs in the game........(and missions, but some don't trigger tho)

Best side of it? You are you own GM, which means you can use commands to make yourself virutally invinicble with armor , items and what not..........
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lost a few years of my life to Runescape back before they did the graphic update. 9dragons was okay before Acclaim dropped it. Tried Romance of the Three Kingdoms for a few days, but couldn't really get into it. Was into Navyfield for awhile, then I hit the level cap. Didn't play it enough to pay.

Thinking about pre ordering Star Wars Old Republic.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lost a few years of my life to Runescape back before they did the graphic update. 9dragons was okay before Acclaim dropped it. Tried Romance of the Three Kingdoms for a few days, but couldn't really get into it. Was into Navyfield for awhile, then I hit the level cap. Didn't play it enough to pay.

Thinking about pre ordering Star Wars Old Republic.

9dragons is now ownned by gamerfist
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    somehow i overlooked this thread....

just finished my first free month of Rift and can say it is not worth the $15 bucks a month they want for it. good game, but not worth a monthly fee. this game is dying fast.

some good F2P MMO's i would recommend are...

Allods Online [best WoW clone out there]
    Shin Megami Tensei Imagine [If you enjoy jrpg's like Persona]
    Champions Online
    Forsaken World

probably gonna try Vindictus or Dragon Nest next.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »

just finished my first free month of Rift and can say it is not worth the $15 bucks a month they want for it. good game, but not worth a monthly fee. this game is dying fast.

Champions Online
    Forsaken World

Fuckk man i was really hoping to get into that Rift Game. i need a new MMPORPG. i might just go back to WoW lol.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Fuckk man i was really hoping to get into that Rift Game. i need a new MMPORPG. i might just go back to WoW lol.

if you can find it cheap for $5 like i did, it's worth a look at. they are gonna have to make this F2P if they want it to continue. honestly the only game i'm gonna be willing to pay a monthly fee after this is Phantasy Star Online 2 whenever it makes it's way over here.

Tera Online looks sick as hell though...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All i'm saying is me and another dude both said champions online and forsaken world.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Options
    if you can find it cheap for $5 like i did, it's worth a look at. they are gonna have to make this F2P if they want it to continue. honestly the only game i'm gonna be willing to pay a monthly fee after this is Phantasy Star Online 2 whenever it makes it's way over here.

Tera Online looks sick as hell though...

Never heard of those. im def anticipating Everquest Next wheneever it comes out.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Champions Online

Forsaken World

Persona 3 FES is one of my favorite rpgs on ps2 i would love to try that rpg out and champions online but my online is whack when playing online games massive lag and ? even though a few years back. I use to play WOW flawlessly but now i lag playing 2d ? like wonderking.

Use to play rs still have my account.. i was thinking of starting back sometime soon
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    Options

Allods looks better than WoW, plays just like it and is F2P. also Final Fantasy XIV Online still has no monthly fee.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Allods looks better than WoW, plays just like it and is F2P. also Final Fantasy XIV Online still has no monthly fee.

Yeah i played Final Fantasy XI and it was cool just real slow. ive been hearing FFXIV has gotten HORRIBLE reviews. dont know one person that plays that haha.

Whats Allods?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Eve Online if you want some ? player driven ? . It's a ? up world. But it's fun. I haven't played in a while tho. My toons still training.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah i played Final Fantasy XI and it was cool just real slow. ive been hearing FFXIV has gotten HORRIBLE reviews. dont know one person that plays that haha.

Whats Allods?

FFXIV keeps getting better with each update, but yeah it was a disaster when it launched.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FFXIV keeps getting better with each update, but yeah it was a disaster when it launched.

Do you currently play FF14? i really like the Final Fantasy worlds and would be interested in picking that up if you had any more info on it for me. is it a little more fast paced than FF11? is there raids at all?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you currently play FF14? i really like the Final Fantasy worlds and would be interested in picking that up if you had any more info on it for me. is it a little more fast paced than FF11? is there raids at all?

no i don't currently play FFXIV but been thinking about starting up a new character to check out the improvements. Square fired the entire original development team due to it's dismal launch and even apologized for releasing the game in the state it was in. yes there are raids. the main reason i stopped playing was the ONLY way to get better weapons pretty much is to spend days crafting or spend large amounts of in game loot to have someone else do it for you.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no i don't currently play FFXIV but been thinking about starting up a new character to check out the improvements. Square fired the entire original development team due to it's dismal launch and even apologized for releasing the game in the state it was in. yes there are raids. the main reason i stopped playing was the ONLY way to get better weapons pretty much is to spend days crafting or spend large amounts of in game loot to have someone else do it for you.

Ah i see what you mean. Ive been reading up on it and it sounds like they have been imporoving a whole bunch of stuff like the battles and the crafting. I think ill check it out. So you think rift is gonna be a dead game here soon? i might just check out Rift for a week or more and if im not into it try out FF14