Frank Ocean -NOSTALGIA mixtape (Thoughts?)

Options
babel
babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
My brother put me onto it. It's hot in my opinion. My favorite tracks are Swim Good and Nature Feels. It has a different feel to it. Like, not too mature but not that childish R&B that people been coming out with lately. Thoughts on it?

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I was pleasantly suprised...i thought since he's affiliated w/ Odd Future he'd be on some dumb ? ...

'We Try' is VERY impressive

Only song i truly dont like is 'Will be Tears'...

Love Crimes and Songs for women are my 2nd and 3rd faves

Novocane after 100 listens STILL goes hard as ?
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The mixtape is quality, Swim Good and We All Try are really impressive songs whilst American Wedding did the Eagles instrumental justice. It flowed quite nicely too with the tape recorder parts too. Definitely made me a fan of the dude
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    I was pleasantly suprised...i thought since he's affiliated w/ Odd Future he'd be on some dumb ? ...

'We Try' is VERY impressive

Only song i truly dont like is 'Will be Tears'...

Love Crimes and Songs for women are my 2nd and 3rd faves

Novocane after 100 listens STILL goes hard as ?

I just had this conversation with my brother yesterday. His affiliation with Odd Future is gonna keep a whole 'nother fan base from checking for him. They'll be expecting him to be on the same ? they're on.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    I just had this conversation with my brother yesterday. His affiliation with Odd Future is gonna keep a whole 'nother fan base from checking for him. They'll be expecting him to be on the same ? they're on.

You aint lyin...when i first heard We All Try i was blown away...its one of those songs that i had to turn off until i was in the right zone to listen to it

Im actually listenin to it right now

I dont believe my hands arrre cleanly lol deep song
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He has something to say with his music thats for sure . I rarely get excited about a new artist, but youngin is the real deal . I hope he always has the left field element to his music , but also keep the soul aspect to it
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Like everyone, I thought he was going to be on the Odd Future stuff till I heard Novacane. Which lead me to hearing this mixtape, I like "We All Try, Love Crime, and Songs For Women. He needs to break away from odd future.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It is not a mixtape it is an album got damn it!