edited October 2011 in The Essence
RuffDraftPresentsJapaneseJoyVol2.jpg

Ruff Draft Presents Japanese Joy Vol. 2

Track List:

01 DJ Nozawa Feat. 菅野よう子 - I Do
02 DJ Nozawa Feat. 坂本龍一 - Endroll
03 re: plus - Moonscape
04 Michita - Alleguro
05 Rebel Clique - Let Me Go (If You Don't Love Me)
06 re: plus - White Avenue
07 Ayur - I Miss You
08 DJ Okawari - Luv Letter
09 Uyama Hiroto - 81 Summer
10 Michita - Dtrmination
11 Minmi - Shiki No Uta (Song of the Seasons)
12 Michita - Reop
13 Naked Artz - Yume (Remix)
14 Nomak - Anger of the Earth
15 ShinSight Trio - Early Dayz Amazement

This is the follow up to the 2010 mix I did, Ruff Draft Presents Japanese Joy. This one, like the last, took me ages to compile as I've sieved through all of my Japanese albums. These are my favourites that never made the first mix. But I've already half compiled Vol. 3, which I'll drop in the near future. Vol. 3 will feature the master, Nujabes, to finish off the trilogy. I hope that you enjoy it, I've tried to make it flow as best as I can; which also took forever!!! I really like it, so hopefully I've done a good job with it.

Note: This mix is for a relaxed listen, it should be played in the morning or at night time when you want to relax.

Let me know your thoughts, favourite songs etc. It'd be good to get some feedback for this one in particular!! Been in the works for like a month lol.

Ruff Draft Presents Japanese Joy Vol. 2

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Enjoy the mix and be sure to discuss it, I look forward to your thoughts! :tu
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Nice bruh i'm about to give it a listen right now.

Last ones chill vibe was a nice listening at night.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    pon di download!!!
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Yo this was dope you got me listening to dj nozawa now from start to finish feeling this alot.

Props!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    pon di download!!!

haha enjoy!!! Let us know what you think!!
    Ishi wrote: »
    Yo this was dope you got me listening to dj nozawa now from start to finish feeling this alot.

Props!

Hahaha I did some routing and that song is from this soundtrack:

51KW2HB0BVL._SS500_.jpg

It's an artist called Ilaria Graziano, but is produced by Yoko Kanno. If you look up the lyrics, it makes it even better... it's becoming more and more my favourite song I've heard from Japan since Nujabes inception into my life... perfect, perfect, perfect!!!
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Whoa. Props on this.

Just stumbled in here and gave it a chance. Very good work my man. I will check out the first volume as well.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Draft,

Currently downloading, ill give some feedback when ive listened through a couple of times.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    word ill give feed back after i listen
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the drop i will check this out.
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Whoa. Props on this.

Just stumbled in here and gave it a chance. Very good work my man. I will check out the first volume as well.

Props on checking this one out :tu Definitely check this first one as it is just as good, if not better than this one...
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Thanks Draft,

Currently downloading, ill give some feedback when ive listened through a couple of times.

Props Stupot :tu
    satyrone wrote: »
    word ill give feed back after i listen

Props Satyr
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Thanks for the drop i will check this out.

Props :tu

So... it's been a week, what are your thoughts?!?!?!

Thanks to all downloaders and contributions to The Essence since I've been away... we're building a great bunch of posters!! :tu
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited August 2011
    Chillen before bed and givin this a listen...diggin it so far. Nice, as always draft...props man!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Chillen before bed and givin this a listen...diggin it so far. Nice, as always draft...props man!!

Thanks Ninja, 'bout time we brought back the Japanese hip hop!!! What did you think after it had finished?

What have you been listening to recently? Hope you're good :tu
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited August 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Thanks Ninja, 'bout time we brought back the Japanese hip hop!!! What did you think after it had finished?

What have you been listening to recently? Hope you're good :tu

Its definately a dope mix...I had heard most of the stuff on it already, but there were a couple gems I hadn't heard before like the stuff off absortion. Also I was impressed by that ayur track, Im pretty sure thats the original that nujabes sampled right? I was also diggin the ShinsightTrio track. Overall a nice jazzy chilled out mix with japanese flavors perfect for a night cap. Once again, nicely done man.

The only newer stuff Ive been spinning is Blu -No York, Sole & the Skyrider band - Hello cruel world, and Chillin like a villan volume 8(jazzy mix). All of which I highly recommend. Hopefully I get back in the groove and spend more time on here!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Its definately a dope mix...I had heard most of the stuff on it already, but there were a couple gems I hadn't heard before like the stuff off absortion. Also I was impressed by that ayur track, Im pretty sure thats the original that nujabes sampled right? I was also diggin the ShinsightTrio track. Overall a nice jazzy chilled out mix with japanese flavors perfect for a night cap. Once again, nicely done man.

The only newer stuff Ive been spinning is Blu -No York, Sole & the Skyrider band - Hello cruel world, and Chillin like a villan volume 8(jazzy mix). All of which I highly recommend. Hopefully I get back in the groove and spend more time on here!!

Thanks Ninja!! :tu Absorption was a good release, Nozawa really found a gem with Yoko Kanno's 'I Do' and he flipped it nicely on the following track as a follow through, too. Honestly though, the I Do track has incredible lyrics too, check 'em in English:
    Yoko Kanno wrote:
    (v1) In the illusion I believed in my inexorable force And inevitably I became weak Now I can feel the changes of events And I already know the emotions that open distant memories.

(v2) In the place where souls meet, the hope that lied in this tired body Now stop vibrating, like a fire extinguished by the tears. Between my hands a thread of water I will carry with me. And in the uninhabited land a thread of grass will survive.. (Mb)... (Haa!)

(c1) I do, I do, to struggle and emerge from the dark and then ascend to the heavens never reached.

(c2) I do, I do, to look in the future and to smile without fearing the emptiness.

(v3) In an instance, new aspirations flow A scenery of conquests and bewilderments is opened before me In the silence, reflection of ages left like breathes I perceive the revolving movement, and then...

(M) In the stopped time, to trace new boundaries;

I will push myself further, collecting my force in the wind
    Between the hands.
    (v4) The reflections of ages, Walked away Leaving unerasable traces... (Mb)...

I do, I do, to cry at the ice-cold extinguished eyes, To be better!

(c3) I do, I do, to overcome the impenetrable worlds Without fearing the emptiness...

(c5) I do, I do, to struggle and emerge from the dark And then ascend to the heavens never reached.

(c5) I do, I do, to look in the future And to smile with a new identity... (Mb)... Until the sun rises... (Mmm)...

I do... (Mb... Mmm... Whoa!... I do…

No, actually, they both sampled the song from Noriko Kose that you can find below:
    That's truly incredible…

Also, have you checked out that ShinsightTrio album??? 'Shallow Nights Blurry Moon'? I rate it…

Props on those recommendations, what's the chances of you making a Japanese mix??? I would love to hear it as I know you know a lot about it as well, I only heard what I've heard…

Also, have you ever checked out this release:

51KW2HB0BVL._SS500_.jpg

I bought this for a bit extra, just so I could get my hands on it… it's a great disc, Yoko Kanno is now going to be researched heavily!!! I've been listening to it this past week, it's stunning.
  • Ishi
    edited August 2011
    Big ups again bruh I've been playing through absorption and after words back to back.

Never would have known who dude was if i didn't listen to this
  • RuffDraft
    edited August 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    Big ups again bruh I've been playing through absorption and after words back to back.

Never would have known who dude was if i didn't listen to this

No problem Ishi, I'm glad you're enjoying it :tu How do you think it stacks up against Volume One? The Third Volume is going to contain Nujabes for the first time and final time to cap off the trilogy…
  • stupot0607
    edited September 2011
    Mannn this playlist was amazing! some really great tracks, i downloaded both japanese joy's.

I love how J Hop relies more on piano than normal hip hop. its definitly more soulful aswell, im currently at work listening to Nujabes - Metaphorical Music... Amazing album.

trying to work my way through all these Essence playlists!! haha
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Mannn this playlist was amazing! some really great tracks, i downloaded both japanese joy's.

I love how J Hop relies more on piano than normal hip hop. its definitly more soulful aswell, im currently at work listening to Nujabes - Metaphorical Music... Amazing album.

trying to work my way through all these Essence playlists!! haha

Props on the feedback Stupot!! :tu

Yeah, I think that's why I love it too; played Nujabes for a friend and he learned to play it on the piano, was amazing hearing it… he was playing Feather, but he's gifted with it… the piano is easily my favourite instrument next to the drums.

Metaphorical music is ridiculously nice, Vol. 3 will contain tracks from that album, it'll be a mix of known and unknown tracks though as I don't want to just make it an obvious mix.

Hahaha enjoy the playlists, I think everyone has in the past year!! :tu

What was your favourite tracks from the mix?
  • stupot0607
    edited September 2011
    Props on the feedback Stupot!! :tu

Yeah, I think that's why I love it too; played Nujabes for a friend and he learned to play it on the piano, was amazing hearing it… he was playing Feather, but he's gifted with it… the piano is easily my favourite instrument next to the drums.

Metaphorical music is ridiculously nice, Vol. 3 will contain tracks from that album, it'll be a mix of known and unknown tracks though as I don't want to just make it an obvious mix.

Hahaha enjoy the playlists, I think everyone has in the past year!! :tu

What was your favourite tracks from the mix?

Best tracks.... I Mixed up the order cause i had some stuff already....

Re Plus tracks where amazing (Moonscape & White Ave), Luv Letter is standout, I Do is good but a guilty pleasure song (its a bit bedwetting haha) Anger of the Earth is awesome aswell.

They are all great songs man!

Great songs to chill out to....
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Best tracks.... I Mixed up the order cause i had some stuff already....

Re Plus tracks where amazing (Moonscape & White Ave), Luv Letter is standout, I Do is good but a guilty pleasure song (its a bit bedwetting haha) Anger of the Earth is awesome aswell.

They are all great songs man!

Great songs to chill out to....

Bedwetting LOL. That song is incredible man, the soundtrack is great too that it's from!!! Definitely not a guilty pleasure in my books!!

Man, make a playlist and call it Japanese Joy 2 and then just arrange the tracks, that's all I do…

I've just bought that re: plus album… along with Michita's Dawning and One. They totalled £60 for the three of them :(

The piano on Luv Letter is incredible, it's made for Substantial that track, he'd do great over it, IMO.

Yeah, Nomak's definitely someone to check out, he was nice back in the Nujabes days as well…

Glad you've enjoyed it!! :tu Hopefully you'll dig Volume 3, not sure if I should wait another year to drop that one or not though…
  • stupot0607
    edited September 2011
    Bedwetting LOL. That song is incredible man, the soundtrack is great too that it's from!!! Definitely not a guilty pleasure in my books!!

Man, make a playlist and call it Japanese Joy 2 and then just arrange the tracks, that's all I do…

I've just bought that re: plus album… along with Michita's Dawning and One. They totalled £60 for the three of them :(

The piano on Luv Letter is incredible, it's made for Substantial that track, he'd do great over it, IMO.

Yeah, Nomak's definitely someone to check out, he was nice back in the Nujabes days as well…

Glad you've enjoyed it!! :tu Hopefully you'll dig Volume 3, not sure if I should wait another year to drop that one or not though…

Dont get me wrong, i love the song!! i just wouldnt want that song to come on shuffle if im drinking with my mates and a couple of girls haha.... perfect song to chill in bed to.

Yeah i got them in seperate cd's. you should feel honored to get a album on my computer, i dont even keep mixtapes on my computer (unless they are amazing) i got all my albums perfectly ordered and everything else in the same album (various + various (rap & hip hop)) .............

No Pressure Draft but you've set a high standard to hit here!! haha.... take your time and nail it mate!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Dont get me wrong, i love the song!! i just wouldnt want that song to come on shuffle if im drinking with my mates and a couple of girls haha.... perfect song to chill in bed to.

Yeah i got them in seperate cd's. you should feel honored to get a album on my computer, i dont even keep mixtapes on my computer (unless they are amazing) i got all my albums perfectly ordered and everything else in the same album (various + various (rap & hip hop)) .............

No Pressure Draft but you've set a high standard to hit here!! haha.... take your time and nail it mate!!

Hahaha okay, I can appreciate that fact... now if you're just with a girl, it may be a cool moment 'nah mean?' ha.

Hahaha O.C.D Stu. Your new nickname haha, nah I'm the same, my iTunes is perfectly ordered to year and everything... but I'm glad I have my place there, to me, a mix can achieve so much more than an album if it's crafted with the mix in mind over the tracks themselves. It's why this mix ended up shorter than I intended because I had to leave some out, but if every track fits, you can achieve what a producer does on a great album... I love a good mix!!!

haha yeah, I may leave it a year as I'm getting into video game music at the minute, Japanese Joy Vol. 3 may include some of that... we'll see... props on listening to the mix though! You listened quite a lot? I gave it to a friend and they're on their third listen after a day, that's cool to me as it's often the music that people will never hear when it's from Japan. Unless your names Ishi, ninjasenses or another head deep into the Japanese Hip Hop scene.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Thanks, most of these I've never heard of before. Always good to learn about new artists. Download in progress...
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2011
    Lincoln wrote: »
    Thanks, most of these I've never heard of before. Always good to learn about new artists. Download in progress...

Enjoy and come back with your thoughts :tu
  • stupot0607
    edited September 2011
    Enjoy and come back with your thoughts :tu

Draft could you do me a massive favor and drop me both the tracklisting's for japanese joy 1 & 2, i wanna sort them out in seperate playlists....?