The Ancient Alien Theory

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You've stated nothing my friend. Anybody can take anything and make a doctrine out of it. Your over here talking about AAT for crying out loud, which proves my point exactly.

But regardless of what man does, ? still rules over all. He is sovereign. Do you grasp what that world means? Honestly?

Yes, I do. Remember DoU, I was in the same park as you a couple of months ago.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited November 2010
    Options
    By the author of When We Ruled – Robin Walker (highly recommend this book)
    www.whenweruled.com

1. The human race is of African origin. The oldest known skeletal remains of anatomically modern humans (or ? sapiens) were excavated at sites in East Africa. Human remains were discovered at Omo in Ethiopia that were dated at 195,000 years old, the oldest known in the world.

2. Skeletons of pre-humans have been found in Africa that date back between 4 and 5 million years. The oldest known ancestral type of humanity is thought to have been the australopithecus ramidus, who lived at least 4.4 million years ago.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    DoU, explain this to me...

How is it that they found (not made up by modern men) artifacts of figures that look like planes, spaceships and men in suits (spacesuits if you'd like)? How is it possible? Why have they written about 'star people' (people from the sky)? Why do they explain their aerial battles and draw them? Why do they say they were "given knowledge" from the star people? Why do they say they "had sex" with the star people and bore "star children/giants"? Why? These are facts, it's the way they wrote them and left them and we've found them. Why is it so long long long long long ago it's eerily similar to the bible today? The bible even speaks about flying craft that ? used himself. The bible says angels had sex with earth women and bore giants. The Book of Enoch says the same, even as far as going to say the angels shared info with earth people and ? was ? .

How is it, that written text and images depict these things and match up in places with the bible?

I started this thread as a complete discussion, not as my factual evidence for aliens. Obviously misunderstood. I asked you guys all to discuss and it took off in a different route. That's on the posters, not me. This is still a theory and nonetheless very interesting because you cannot deny what was found and do nothing but look at it and question it. What are YOUR answers from the images YOU SEE in the beginning of this thread?
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The first Great Pyramid of Giza, the most extraordinary building in history, was a staggering 481 feet tall - the equivalent of a 40-storey building. It was made of 2.3 million blocks of limestone and granite, some weighing 100 tons.

Ibn Haukal, writing in 951 AD, informs us that the King of Ghana was “the richest king on the face of the earth” whose pre-eminence was due to the quantity of gold nuggets that had been amassed by the himself and by his predecessors.

The Malian city of Timbuktu had a 14th century population of 115,000 - 5 times larger than mediaeval London. Mansa Musa, built the Djinguerebere Mosque in the fourteenth century. There was the University Mosque in which 25,000 students studied and the Oratory of Sidi Yayia. There were over 150 Koran schools in which 20,000 children were instructed. London, by contrast, had a total 14th century population of 20,000 people.

Concerning these old manuscripts, Michael Palin, in his TV series Sahara, said the imam of Timbuktu “has a collection of scientific texts that clearly show the planets circling the sun. They date back hundreds of years . . . Its convincing evidence that the scholars of Timbuktu knew a lot more than their counterparts in Europe. In the fifteenth century in Timbuktu the mathematicians knew about the rotation of the planets, knew about the details of the eclipse, they knew things which we had to wait for 150 almost 200 years to know in Europe when Galileo and Copernicus came up with these same calculations and were given a very hard time for it.”

Ruins of a 300 BC astronomical observatory was found at Namoratunga in Kenya. Africans were mapping the movements of stars such as Triangulum, Aldebaran, Bellatrix, Central Orion, etcetera, as well as the moon, in order to create a lunar calendar of 354 days.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    DoU, explain this to me...

How is it that they found (not made up by modern men) artifacts of figures that look like planes, spaceships and men in suits (spacesuits if you'd like)? How is it possible? Why have they written about 'star people' (people from the sky)? Why do they explain their aerial battles and draw them? Why do they say they were "given knowledge" from the star people? Why do they say they "had sex" with the star people and bore "star children/giants"? Why? These are facts, it's the way they wrote them and left them and we've found them. Why is it so long long long long long ago it's eerily similar to the bible today? The bible even speaks about flying craft that ? used himself. The bible says angels had sex with earth women and bore giants. The Book of Enoch says the same, even as far as going to say the angels shared info with earth people and ? was ? .

How is it, that written text and images depict these things and match up in places with the bible?

I started this thread as a complete discussion, not as my factual evidence for aliens. Obviously misunderstood. I asked you guys all to discuss and it took off in a different route. That's on the posters, not me. This is still a theory and nonetheless very interesting because you cannot deny what was found and do nothing but look at it and question it. What are YOUR answers from the images YOU SEE in the beginning of this thread?

Nobody is denying the artifacts my friend. The key ingredient to understanding all of what your talking about is understanding that there is a heavenly realm of supernatural creatures. ? created these creatures good. We know them as angels. The ones who rebelled against ? are called demons. These are the ones who have been deceiving mankind since the garden of eden. They are the ones behind all the stuff your talking about. There not aliens, they are supernatural creatures. Which deceive the whole world. It's plain and simple my brother. Its not science fiction. It's real life man. And one day in the near future these beings will manifest themself like no other time in human history. I pray that you will not be on the earth when this happens. ? bless.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nobody is denying the artifacts my friend. The key ingredient to understanding all of what your talking about is understanding that there is a heavenly realm of supernatural creatures. ? created these creatures good. We know them as angels. The ones who rebelled against ? are called demons. These are the ones who have been deceiving mankind since the garden of eden. They are the ones behind all the stuff your talking about. There not aliens, they are supernatural creatures. Which deceive the whole world. It's plain and simple my brother. Its not science fiction. It's real life man. And one day in the near future these beings will manifest themself like no other time in human history. I pray that you will not be on the earth when this happens. ? bless.

So basically "fallen angels" led by the devil himself, led angels astray and came down to fool mankind? They had sex with the 'earth women', shared the secret knowledge of heaven (supposedly ? was super ? about the tools secret; hammer, chisel etc), secrets of astronomy, secrets of math as well? Were these angels also possibly responsible for 'flying machines'? For these 'spacesuits' too? I mean, they must be explained one way or another. There's no denying what was made is what is being said it is. Question is how? We see ? 's chosen was Israel, so these ancients couldn't have been chosen ones. ? couldn't have told them or showed them anything like this. What is it, what explanation is there? Is it just simply an unknown? (btw, ? , angels and 'demons' can be considered 'alien')
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So basically "fallen angels" led by the devil himself, led angels astray and came down to fool mankind? They had sex with the 'earth women', shared the secret knowledge of heaven (supposedly ? was super ? about the tools secret; hammer, chisel etc), secrets of astronomy, secrets of math as well? Were these angels also possibly responsible for 'flying machines'? For these 'spacesuits' too? I mean, they must be explained one way or another. There's no denying what was made is what is being said it is. Question is how? We see ? 's chosen was Israel, so these ancients couldn't have been chosen ones. ? couldn't have told them or showed them anything like this. What is it, what explanation is there? Is it just simply an unknown? (btw, ? , angels and 'demons' can be considered 'alien')

I dont know the details my friend. I do know what ? has revealed to us in His holy word. What your talking about is speculation. There is no telling what these fallen creatures did way back when. But it was horrible to say the least. I mean ? sent a flood to destroy all flesh, save all those who were on the arc. But what they (demons) did back in the past and have been doing up until the present will pale in comparision to what will take place during the tribulation period. Lord have mercy. The tribulation period will be like no other time in human history according to ? . So while this is an interesting topic of discussion, whats more important is the salvation of your soul. Please don't ignore it because it will have eternal ramifications if you do. ? bless.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    1. The human race is of African origin. The oldest known skeletal remains of anatomically modern humans (or ? sapiens) were excavated at sites in East Africa. Human remains were discovered at Omo in Ethiopia that were dated at 195,000 years old, the oldest known in the world.

160,000 years old not 195,00. And this proves what? That the African continent was the place of origin during Pangaea. What does this have to do with people being so advanced that they genetically created and altered a sub species of human?
    2. Skeletons of pre-humans have been found in Africa that date back between 4 and 5 million years. The oldest known ancestral type of humanity is thought to have been the australopithecus ramidus, who lived at least 4.4 million years ago.

Those were animals. And they still do nothing to help black roots. All it does is add more evidence to evolution.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The evidence lies in the text, paintings, drawings, clay figures etc. So yes, semi-related art. Why? That's the best they could do for us, and it's good enough to tell us about what went down back then.
    well, it's pretty clearly not since no one can agree on exactly what it means.
    I'm assuming you might want "dead aliens" or "space craft", like actual physical stuff like that?
    uh, yes
    It was said, previously where I posted, that the ships were destroyed (in battle) and vanished. What can this mean? After the ships/beings were destroyed their evidence vanished with them?
    ah, okay. incidentally, i raised an awesome pride of dragons in my yard. but then they died and completed vanished, but hey, those dragons were TOTALLY THERE.

seriously, though, that's what i'm saying: if the only evidence is mysterious art, then shouldn't we consider other explanations if there's a TOTAL absence of hard evidence?
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Look at what I found.

Therefore we are NOT ENGINEERED BY ALIENS!

This FREEMASON LUCIFERIAN should be SHAMEFACED like the rest
    of his FREEMASONARY BROTHERS IN THIS VIDEO!

Zecharia Sitchin is a fraud like the 'WILD' Collen Thomas!

NO ANCIENT TEXTS !!! Former *SUPPORTER OF* Zecharia Sitchin, archaeologist and author of "Dead Men's Secrets" Jonathan Gray, discovered that DEAD MAN Zecharia Sitchin was a FRAUD and has come forward and can only be commended for having the guts and honesty to come forward and share what he has discovered AFTER having already quoted from Sitchin and having PUBLISHED him AS AN AUTHORITY in 2 of his books.

The uniform bilingual Sumerian Dictionaries prove that Zecharia Sitchin is no linguist expert at all and is a fraud, but more damning is that THE ANCIENT SUMERIAN TEXTS DON'T EVEN EXIST that Sitchin says backup his "expert Sumerian linguist" claims.

Gray quoted Sitchin in his book, "Dead Men's Secrets" but has now discovered Zecharia Sitchin to be a complete fraud.

Ancient Sumerian Dictionaries - PROVE SITCHIN IS NO EXPERT OF ANY KIND REGARDING SUMERIAN TEXTS AND DELIBERATELY MADE IT UP AS HE WENT ALONG.

THERE ARE NO TEXTS ANYWHERE THAT SAY THE THINGS THAT SITCHIN CLAIMS.

Sitchin was a conman and an EXCREMENT artist just like CONMAN CONVICT JORDAN MAXWELL....

It only took me 5 minutes of searching on the internet to prove that the the interpretor of the Sumerian tests is a liar. You guys really need to stop listening to these crazy people that come on these boards. The western world theory that aliens created the pyramids in the African continent and around the world are false and cannot be proven.
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Another article that refutes his theories:

by Jason Colavito

> Read more about this topic in THE CULT OF ALIEN GODS

I: "AS INTERPRETED BY ME"

He grew up in Palestine where he says he learned Hebrew, Semitic and European languages before attending college at the University of London, where he graduated with a degree in economic history. He worked as a journalist in Israel for many years.

"According to the ancient texts as interpreted by me, Nibiru was a planet ejected from some other planetary system in outer space that was captured into our Solar System as it passed near Neptune. It became involved in a collision with a pre-existing planet where the debris of the Asteroid Belt are now. As a result of that collision, some 4 billion years ago, the Earth and the Moon came to be where they are now."

Of course, the main condition to accepting this theory is that Sitchin has a special expertise in interpreting ancient texts. Others are not quite ready to give him so much credit. Robert Todd Carroll's Skeptic's Dictionary explains Sitchin's position:

"Sitchin's claim to fame is announcing that he alone correctly reads ancient Sumerian clay tablets. All other scholars have misread these tablets which, according to Sitchin, reveal that gods from another planet (Niburu, which orbits our Sun every 3,600 years) arrived on Earth some 450,000 years ago and created humans by some genetic engineering with female apes."

Ian Lawton talked to a Sumerian linguist (who requested anonymity to avoid the onslaught of hate-mail from ancient astronaut believers). The linguist confirms Sitchin's "special" understanding of Sumerian is not that special:
    "[Sitchin] demonstrates a consistent lack of appreciation of even some of the most basic fundamentals of Sumerian and Akkadian grammar, even to the extent of regularly failing to distinguish between the two entirely different languages, and mixing words from each in interpreting the syllables of longer compound words." This mixing of languages allows Sitchin to make amazing "discoveries."

Carroll is not impressed with Sitchin's scholarship, sarcastically adding, "Sitchin stands alone, on nobody's shoulders, as a scholar nonpareil... He alone knows how to correctly translate ancient terms allowing him to discover such things as that the ancients made rockets."

Carroll says Sitchin's dubious translations are used to decieve: "Like [Erich] von Däniken and [Immanuel] Velikovsky, Sitchin weaves a compelling and entertaining story out of facts, misrepresentations, fictions, speculations, misquotes and mistranslations." So where did Sitchin go wrong?

II: "DUBIOUS AND SUBJECTIVE"

Rob Hafernik is one of Sitchin's most vocal critics. An aerospace engineer, Hafernik worked for NASA and knows all about orbital dynamics and the workings of the universe and rockets. He said he found a problem right from the beginning of Twelfth Planet:

"Instead of quoting standard translations for Biblical verses, Sitchin makes up his own translations, based on his interpretation of 'the parallel Sumerian and Akkadian texts/tales'. Unfortunately, he is using those verses to support his interpretation of those texts." In other words, his own translation is used to prove his "discoveries" about the texts themselves. He could make them say whatever he wanted. Hafernik says bluntly, "Right away, we're in deep academic doo-doo. [Sitchin]'s let us know he's going to twist the translations around to support his thesis." Sitchin uses his own translation to prove his pre-supposed conclusion. He made the evidence fit the theory, something he and other alternative authors are quick to criticize in mainstream science, especially evolutionary biology.

Ian Lawton agrees: "To use the words without question is, without question, exaggerating a highly dubious and subjective interpretation. This is also a prime example, of which there are many, of the complete lack of any reference as to the location and source of the original seal."

Hafernik says there is very little chance that anyone could challenge this interpretation, not because it is right but because there is no way of tracking down the source for the hand-drawn copy of the Sumerian tablet: "We have no way to know what the original tablet actually showed. We have no reference or citation so we can go look up the tablet. Yet, we have a totally wild claim based solely on this reproduction." In another section of the book, Hafernik says Sitchin directly copied a table showing the development of language from a S. N. Kramer's The Sumerians (1971):

"Since the table contains hand-written symbols, it's easy to compare the strokes, relative weights of lines, and so on and come to the conclusion that the table has been photocopied somehow, not merely reproduced by hand. Even more interesting, the labels of the table have been changed" to obscure the clear evolution of writing and support Sitchin's theory of extraterrestrial teachers. On page 163 of The Twelfth Planet, Sitchen presents a hand-drawn picture, without citation, of a presumably Sumerian cylinder with wings topped by a bird, of which he asked:

"What or who was the Eagle who took Etana to the distant heavens? We cannot help but associate the ancient text with the message beamed to earth in July 1969 by Neil Armstrong, commander of the Apollo 11 spacecraft: Houston! Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed." As Rob Hafernik points out, this argument is pointless. But why should Sitchin have a rocket-fetish? After all, advanced civilizations should logically have moved beyond the need for fuel-inefficient rockets. However when Twelfth Planet was written, rockets were state of the art. But all the rockets landing in ancient Sumer apparently did not impress the jaded residents of that civilization. Citing standard works on Sumer, Hafernik says there is no record of these visitations:

"[M]uch of his pictorial evidence, based on carvings and reliefs on tablets and stelae, is in the form of hand-copied drawings; this is fine if they are properly referenced to the original piece in a museum collection, but often they are not. This makes them ... exasperating to trace when attempting to ensure they can be relied on as accurate representations of the original."

Hafernik says that even Sitchin's re-drawing has many problems if we follow Sitchin's interpretation:

"You have to really study these pictures to see what a laugh this is. First of all, Mercury comes AFTER Venus (assuming it's the smaller one) or is shown in the position of being a moon of Venus. Next Mercury is only a third the diameter of Venus or Earth, but it's shown a lot bigger (about three-fourths their size). Next, the Moon should be a dot on this scale, but it's shown pretty good size. Looking at the picture (rather than his drawing) Mars looks exactly the same size as Earth. Jupiter and Saturn are in reality three times the size of Uranus and Neptune, but drawn less than twice as big. Pluto is shown about the same size as the Earth, even though it's only a tiny bit bigger than the Moon (about a seventh the size of the Earth)."

One of Sitchin's "facts" concerned the quarry marks that showed Khufu built the Great Pyramid. Sitchin claimed years ago they were fake to bolster his theory that space aliens built the Giza pyramids as beacons for their rocket-ships (see Who Built the Pyramids?), and many people believed him without question. Today, almost no one takes this seriously (including former believer Graham Hancock of Fingerprints of the Gods fame), but the public at large still believes. These, then, are the "facts" as Sitchin saw them. For Sitchin's critics, their greatest concern is that many people are unable to separate fact from fiction and eagerly consume Sitchin's work as gospel truth. Ian Lawton:

"Over the last quarter of a century, Sitchin's books have made a considerable worldwide impact, and have persuaded a great many people that the 'gods' were flesh and blood visitors from elsewhere. This idea has become extended by many into the belief that they will return to 'save' the human race. I believe this is a fundamentally dangerous proposition."

Aerospace engineer Rob Hafernik sums up Sitchin:

"Clearly, Sitchin is a smart man. He weaves a complicated tale from the bits and pieces of evidence that survive from ancient Sumeria to the present day. Just as clearly, Sitchin is capable of academic transgressions (fracturing quotes, ignoring dissenting facts), theft of intellectual property (those tables he copied) and flights of intellectual fancy (the whole book, really). Worst of all, he is almost utterly innocent of astronomy and other assorted fields of modern science... In the end, he's just another nut making a living selling books that treat folks to a tale they want to believe in."
    REFERENCES
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The full article is here: http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id14.html I had to cut and paste to make it fit.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, it's pretty clearly not since no one can agree on exactly what it means.

Which is, again, why it is a theory. Some say it's plausible with the evidence (which is what I think) some actually say these are all FACTS and it's 100% true (I don't quite think that). Nonetheless this topic and it's "evidence" is very interesting. It does raise questions but how it's answered is what I'm looking for. Even if it came out to be all false it would still have been a good theory to have read and learned about.

ah, okay. incidentally, i raised an awesome pride of dragons in my yard. but then they died and completed vanished, but hey, those dragons were TOTALLY THERE.

seriously, though, that's what i'm saying: if the only evidence is mysterious art, then shouldn't we consider other explanations if there's a TOTAL absence of hard evidence?

Yes, I know what you're saying I thought the same way as you. It is hard to believe they had 'ancient alien battles' in our skies then all of a sudden their ships are gone from being destroyed here on earth. I read some interpreted texts that basically said these other people on ships came down and took their dead and repaired the ship and they all left, so I guess evidence in that case "vanished". I myself am still waiting on "hard evidence". I'm not sold on this (100%), like I said it was a discussion topic. But it is very obvious there has to be something out there, these aren't made up. What is it though? Just ONE ? ? Many Gods? Which is it, we will never know.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    Look at what I found.

Therefore we are NOT ENGINEERED BY ALIENS!

This FREEMASON LUCIFERIAN should be SHAMEFACED like the rest
    of his FREEMASONARY BROTHERS IN THIS VIDEO!

Zecharia Sitchin is a fraud like the 'WILD' Collen Thomas!

NO ANCIENT TEXTS !!! Former *SUPPORTER OF* Zecharia Sitchin, archaeologist and author of "Dead Men's Secrets" Jonathan Gray, discovered that DEAD MAN Zecharia Sitchin was a FRAUD and has come forward and can only be commended for having the guts and honesty to come forward and share what he has discovered AFTER having already quoted from Sitchin and having PUBLISHED him AS AN AUTHORITY in 2 of his books.

The uniform bilingual Sumerian Dictionaries prove that Zecharia Sitchin is no linguist expert at all and is a fraud, but more damning is that THE ANCIENT SUMERIAN TEXTS DON'T EVEN EXIST that Sitchin says backup his "expert Sumerian linguist" claims.

Gray quoted Sitchin in his book, "Dead Men's Secrets" but has now discovered Zecharia Sitchin to be a complete fraud.

Ancient Sumerian Dictionaries - PROVE SITCHIN IS NO EXPERT OF ANY KIND REGARDING SUMERIAN TEXTS AND DELIBERATELY MADE IT UP AS HE WENT ALONG.

THERE ARE NO TEXTS ANYWHERE THAT SAY THE THINGS THAT SITCHIN CLAIMS.

Sitchin was a conman and an EXCREMENT artist just like CONMAN CONVICT JORDAN MAXWELL....

It only took me 5 minutes of searching on the internet to prove that the the interpretor of the Sumerian tests is a liar. You guys really need to stop listening to these crazy people that come on these boards. The western world theory that aliens created the pyramids in the African continent and around the world are false and cannot be proven.

LOL...I see I aint the only one who studies for himself...

"Those familiar with either the writings of Zecharia Sitchin or the current internet rantings about “the return of Planet X” are likely familiar with the word “nibiru”. According to self-proclaimed ancient languages scholar Zecharia Sitchin, the Sumerians knew of an extra planet beyond Pluto. This extra planet was called Nibiru. Sitchin goes on to claim that Nibiru passes through our solar system every 3600 years. Some believers in Sitchin’s theory also refer to Nibiru as “Planet X”, the name given to a planet that is allegedly located within our solar system but beyond Pluto. Adherents to the “returning Planet X hypothesis” believe the return of this wandering planet will bring cataclysmic consequences to earth.

Is Sitchin correct – Is Nibiru a 12th planet that passes through our solar system every 3600 years? Did the Sumerians know this? Unfortunately for Sitchin and his followers, the answer to each of these questions is no. But how do I know? The cuneiform record in such texts as the one on the left, the astronomical text known as MUL.APIN (The "Plough Star").

Readers can click here for a summary paper I wrote on the word nibiru in cuneiform texts. What follows draws from that paper and, in the case of the video, demonstrates the accuracy of my contention that there isn't a single text in the entire cuneiform record that:

* Has nibiru as a planet beyond Pluto
    * Connects nibiru with the Anunnaki
    * Has nibiru cycling through our solar system every 3600 years

Searching for Nibiru in Cuneiform Texts

Here is a video that I created showing you where to find the leading dictionary of cuneiform words online (for free). Viewers can find that source and do what I do in the rest of the video: look up the entry for nibiru (spelled neberu in scholarly transliteration) and check to see if any of the above ideas are found in any Akkadian or Sumerian texts that mention nibiru. Spoiler: there aren't any -- but don't take my word for it. Look it up yourself."

This dude Heiser ethered Sitchin with his Open Letter....

Open Letter

The work of Zecharia Sitchin was brought to my attention in 2001, shortly after I completed my book, The Facade. As a trained scholar in ancient Semitic languages with a lifelong interest in UFOs and paranormal phenomena, I was naturally enthused about Mr. Sitchin's studies, particularly since I had also heard he was a Sumerian scholar. I thought I had found a kindred spirit. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Zecharia Sitchin is not a scholar of ancient languages. What he has written in his books could neither pass peer review nor is it informed by factual data from the primary sources. I have yet to find anyone with credentials or demonstrable expertise in Sumerian, Akkadian, or any of the other ancient Semitic languages who has positively assessed Mr. Sitchin's academic work.

The reader must realize that the substance of my disagreement is not due to "translation philosophy," as though Mr. Sitchin and I merely disagree over possible translations of certain words. When it comes to the Mesopotamian sources, what is at stake is the integrity of the cuneiform tablets themselves, along with the legacy of Sumer and Mesopotamian scribes. Very simply, the ancient Mesopotamians compiled their own dictionaries - we have them and they have been published since the mid-20th century. The words Mr. Sitchin tells us refer to rocket ships have no such meanings according to the ancient Mesopotamians themselves. Likewise when Mr. Sitchin tells readers things like the Sumerians believed there were twelve planets, the Anunnaki were space travelers, Nibiru was the supposed 12th planet, etc., he is simply fabricating data. It isn't a question of how he translates texts; the issue is that these ideas don't exist in any cuneiform text at all. To persist in embracing Mr. Sitchin's views on this matter (and a host of others) amounts to rejecting the legacy of the ancient Sumerian and Akkadian scribes whose labors have come down to us from the ages. Put bluntly, is it more coherent to believe a Mesopotamian scribe's definition of a word, or Mr. Sitchin's?

Zecharia Sitchin's work in other texts, such as the Bible, is equally flawed. This site bears witness to the sorts of erors Sitchin makes in language analysis and translation with respect to the Hebrew Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

What I've said here is very straightforward. It would be quite easy to demonstrate that I am wrong. All one needs to do is produce texts that I say don't exist, and produce verification of Sitchin's translations by other experts (that's called peer review). Since I don't believe such evidence will be forthcoming, I offer this open letter to Zecharia Sitchin, his followers, and other ancient astronaut theorists who defend Sitchin's views.

Dear Mr. Sitchin and others:

While the contents of this letter may constitute a challenge to your academic scholarship, the intent of this letter is in the interest of research, not confrontation. In no way do I intend to impugn your character. What I ask is that you provide answers and data to support the theories you have published. Here are my questions / requests.

1. Can you please provide transcripts of your academic language work, or an address to which I could write to obtain proof of your training in the ancient languages in which you claim expertise? I would like to post this information on my website, and would gladly do so.

2. Can you explain why your work on Genesis 1:26-27 overlooks so many obvious grammatical indications that the word elohim in that passage refers to a single deity (as demonstrated on this website)?

3. Can you explain why you did not include the comparative linguistic material from the Amarna texts that shows the Akkadian language also uses the plural word for "gods" to refer to a single deity or person (which of course undermines your argument that elohim must refer to a plurality of gods)?

4. Can you explain how your interpretation of the word "nephilim" is at all viable in light of the rules of Hebrew morphology? Can you provide any evidence that "naphal" has anything to do with fire or rockets, since you translate "nephilim" as "people of the fiery rockets"? In other words, can you bring forth a single ancient text where naphal has such meanings?

5. Can you produce a single text that says the Anunnaki come from the planet Nibiru - or that Nibiru is a planet beyond Pluto? I assert that there are no such texts, and challenge you and readers to study the occurrences of "Anunnaki" right here on this website. Here is a video where I show readers how to conduct a search online at the Electronic Corpus of Sumerian Literature website. There are 182 occurrences of the divine name Anunnaki. Please show me any evidence from the Sumerian texts themselves that the Anunnaki have any connection to Nibiru or a 12th planet (or any planet).

6. Can you explain why the alleged sun symbol on cylinder seal VA 243 is not the normal sun symbol or the symbol for the sun ? Shamash?

7. Can you explain why your ? =planet equivalencies do not match the listings of such matching in cuneiform astronomical texts?

8. Can you explain why many of your critical word meanings / translations of Sumerian and Mesopotamian words are not consistent with Mesopotamian cuneiform bilingual dictionaries?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will of course post any responses on this site.

Sincerely,

Michael S. Heiser, Ph.D., Hebrew and Semitic Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison

http://sitchiniswrong.com/letter/letter.htm
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

So ? , the most powerful and all knowing being in the world, created these angels and these angels deceived him, EVEN THOUGH HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ALL KNOWING. So ? being all knowing and all powerful, knows of these beings deceive us and he just sits his ass back and doesn't do ? for his innocent creations. ? either is the most laisseze faire ? ever or his ? is weak sauce. Yes, this logic makes perfect ? sense!
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How is a book "suppose" to be in the Bible? Don't you know that ? is sovereign and His kingdom, will, and purpose rules over all? The 66 books that are in the Bible are the 66 books that ? wanted in the Bible. ? is sovereign my brother. Do you know the definition of sovereign?

And yes AATis a fable. Thats what ? calls all that nonsense. It's nothing but a lie of the enemy to take weak minds off the eyes of the Lord, which he does very well. AAT is ridiculous. Only a 2 year old would believe in that garbage. Pathetic.

i am curious...did the bible ever mention that ? was going to create a bible and that it would contain 66 books...moreso if one is to follow precedent the number 66 is not a number that is usually associated with ? , there is the number 7 and the number 12,... 66 is kinda leaning to the other side
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Zecharia Sitchin was not the orignator of the theory of Ancient Alien, nor is he the only one who have done extensive research as follows from Wikipedia:

According to certain authors, intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.[1][2] These proposals have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin, Robert K. G. Temple, and David Icke.[3] Ancient astronauts have been widely used as a plot device in science fiction, but the idea that ancient astronauts actually existed is not taken seriously by most academics, and has received little or no credulous attention in peer reviewed studies.
    In their 1966 book Intelligent Life in the Universe[6] astrophysicists I.S. Shklovski and Carl Sagan devote a chapter[7] to arguments that scientists and historians should seriously consider the possibility that extraterrestrial contact occurred during recorded history. However, Shklovski and Sagan stressed that these ideas were speculative and unproven.

Shklovski and Sagan argued that sub-lightspeed interstellar travel by extraterrestrial life was a certainty when considering technologies that were established or feasible in the late '60s;[8] that repeated instances of extraterrestrial visitation to Earth were plausible;[9] and that pre-scientific narratives can offer a potentially reliable means of describing contact with outsiders.[10] Additionally, Shklovski and Sagan cited tales of Oannes, a fishlike being attributed with teaching agriculture, mathematics, and the arts to early Sumerians, as deserving closer scrutiny as a possible instance of paleocontact due to its consistency and detail.[11]

In his 1979 book Broca's Brain, Sagan[12] suggested that he and Shklovski might have inspired the wave of '70s ancient astronaut books, expressing disapproval of "von Däniken and other uncritical writers" who seemingly built on these ideas not as guarded speculations but as "valid evidence of extraterrestrial contact." Sagan argued that while many legends, artifacts, and purported out-of-place artifacts were cited in support of ancient astronaut theories, "very few require more than passing mention" and could be easily explained with more conventional theories. Sagan also reiterated his earlier conclusion that extraterrestrial visits to Earth were possible but unproven, and perhaps improbable.

Ancient astronaut theories can be found in the work of the following authors (listed by year of initial publication):

1897 – Garrett P. Serviss (book, Edison's Conquest of Mars)
    1919 – Charles Fort (book, The Book of the Damned)
    1928 – H.P. Lovecraft (short story, "The Call of Cthulhu")
    1954 – Harold T. Wilkins
    1955 – Morris K. Jessup
    1957 – Peter Kolosimo (book, Il pianeta sconosciuto (The Unknown Planet))
    1957 – George Hunt Williamson
    1958 – Henri Lhote,[13]
    1959 – Matest M. Agrest
    1959 – Jacques Bergier and Louis Pauwels (authors of The Morning of the Magicians)
    1960 – Brinsley Le Poer Trench
    1963 – Robert Charroux (book, One Hundred Thousand Years of Man's Unknown History)
    1964 – W. Raymond Drake (book, Gods or Spacemen?)
    1966 – Iosif Shklovsky and Carl Sagan (book, Intelligent Life in the Universe)
    1967 – Brad Steiger (book, The Flying Saucer Menace)
    1968 – Erich von Däniken (book, Chariots of the Gods?)
    1971 – Andrew Thomas (book, We are not the first: riddles of ancient science)
    1972 – Thomas Charles Lethbridge (book, The Legend of the Sons of ? : A Fantasy?)
    1974 – Charles Berlitz (book, The Bermuda Triangle)
    1974 – Josef F. Blumrich (book, The Spaceships of Ezekiel)
    1974 – Claude Vorilhon aka Rael (book, Le Livre Qui Dit La Vérité (The Book Which Tells the Truth))
    1976 – Robert K. G. Temple
    1978 – Zecharia Sitchin
    1988 – Riley Martin
    1993 – David Icke
    1996 – Alan F. Alford
    1996 – Richard C. Hoagland (book, The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever)
    1998 – Lloyd Pye
    1999 – Laurence Gardner (book, Genesis of the Grail Kings: The Explosive Story of Genetic Cloning)
    2003 – Burak Eldem
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So ? , the most powerful and all knowing being in the world, created these angels and these angels deceived him, EVEN THOUGH HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ALL KNOWING. So ? being all knowing and all powerful, knows of these beings deceive us and he just sits his ass back and doesn't do ? for his innocent creations. ? either is the most laisseze faire ? ever or his ? is weak sauce. Yes, this logic makes perfect ? sense!

"To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste." Deuteronomy 32:35

Vengeance belongs to the Lord. He will recompense all His adversaries. I pray that you will be on His side when that day comes. ? bless.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    i am curious...did the bible ever mention that ? was going to create a bible and that it would contain 66 books...moreso if one is to follow precedent the number 66 is not a number that is usually associated with ? , there is the number 7 and the number 12,... 66 is kinda leaning to the other side

"For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89

No matter if you believe ? or not, His word is still true my friend. ? closed the canon of scripture and He included 66 books in it. This was and is the will of ? . Why? Because He is sovereign. What your talking about is numerology, which is a slippery slope. Are numbers important? Of course they are. But to try to make the number 66 (or any number) into something that it's not is dangerous. It's not 666 so you can quit that noise. ? bless.
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89

No matter if you believe ? or not, His word is still true my friend. ? closed the canon of scripture and He included 66 books in it. This was and is the will of ? . Why? Because He is sovereign. What your talking about is numerology, which is a slippery slope. Are numbers important? Of course they are. But to try to make the number 66 (or any number) into something that it's not is dangerous. It's not 666 so you can quit that noise. ? bless.

i am a firm believer in ? "I am because he is", however i am saying be careful how you associate (firmly) that everything in the bible is 100% accurate, remember they were not written by ? , and there is some things in it which is clearly man's idea and interpretation which does not show the creator in good light.
    for example, it is said that ? ordered a female bear to murder some little children (about 40) because they laughed at the bald head of the prophet Elijah (or elisha)...that is clearly not something a loving and understanding ? would do.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol @ y'all bringing up titangraphs for Sitchin.

95% of what is mentioned in the AAT theory has nothing to do with his ? ass translations. They might say "the sumerian texts say" once every now and then but they use nothing about his translations. They have said on the show that Nibiru and ? doesn't exist and it's not real. Nearly all of the stuff they use as "evidence" comes from South American, African, and Asian texts, drawings, figures, etc.... The "Annunaki, Nibiru, 2012, etc.." is never mentioned because they know Sitchin was full of ? . The only one I have ever heard say 1 word about it was the dude thats orange with ? up hairdo.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I find this kind of thing intriguing. We as humans observe certain things in the way we've been taught which in turn limits our knowledge. Like dude says they couldn't have craft that go faster than the speed of light. This statement is a perfect example of my point, the speed of light is the fastest possible speed within OUR realm of understanding. That doesn't make it true, just true to us because we've not been able to get beyond it. I think it's dangerous to say something is impossible or untrue simply because it seems that way to us. At one point in the history of mankind people wholeheartedly believed both personally and scientifically that the Earth was flat until we were able to move forward in proving that it wasn't. I guess all I'm saying is don't limit the possibilities of truths existing outside of our limited understandings.
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I find this kind of thing intriguing. We as humans observe certain things in the way we've been taught which in turn limits our knowledge. Like dude says they couldn't have craft that go faster than the speed of light. This statement is a perfect example of my point, the speed of light is the fastest possible speed within OUR realm of understanding. That doesn't make it true, just true to us because we've not been able to get beyond it. I think it's dangerous to say something is impossible or untrue simply because it seems that way to us. At one point in the history of mankind people wholeheartedly believed both personally and scientifically that the Earth was flat until we were able to move forward in proving that it wasn't. I guess all I'm saying is don't limit the possibilities of truths existing outside of our limited understandings.

yeah..can you imagine trying to convince someone 50 years ago about a cell phone, they would laugh you out the park.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    yeah..can you imagine trying to convince someone 50 years ago about a cell phone, they would laugh you out the park.

Exactly my point lol.. Or imagine how amazed someone from 100 years ago would be if they stood in front of PS3 with Kinnect lol.. They'd probably try to burn you at the stake for witchcraft lol..
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options

I'm not saying it could never be possible, I made that statement in saying in a way "yea sure it seems we can't travel faster than light, but there are other alternatives that are possible". I don't believe anything is impossible or improbable. Time and time again we have been proven wrong in saying something is that now it's not if we can it's only a matter of when we do.
This discussion has been closed.