The Ancient Alien Theory

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I find what Dan Winters says on the whole issue to be quite fascinating.

'The Purpose of DNA' was pretty interesting.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    If so do they have a bible along with tons of other religions they have to live by on their planet? will ? send them to hell if they dont follow it
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I've read a lot about them, and I've seen pictures of them, but I've never met one, so I can't say for sure.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    IF there are aliens on another planet, and it was proven, physically and all then I would no longer believe in ? .
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited June 2010
    i thought science and religion didnt mixed?
    i think if life existed on another planet.. and by coincidence.. they had their faith as well... i think that pretty much sums it up for the religions on earth right?
    not one word is mentioned in any bible about life on Mars..

i think its time to reedit them bibles!
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010
    I want to know why the bible speaks on ? creating day and night as if that exists.

its all about the earths revolutions around the sun, there is no day or night....just space and stars
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    IF there are aliens on another planet, and it was proven, physically and all then I would no longer believe in ? .

why?.................
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i think if someone knew the answer to this question, then this forum would just be called race. anyway, i wouldn't be surprised if there is life outside of our planet. the universe is insanely large.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Are there, definently. The universe is entirely too big for an Earth like planet to not be out there. As to how much life evolved on it or what types of life I dont know.

As far as would they have religion it depends. If they are like us, have never left their planet, and still have things they cannot explain then more than likely someone at some point created a ? to explain these things. If they are visiting other planets, traveling in space, or have done things like ancient alien theorists state then no they definently wouldnt.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    why?.................

The bible only speaks of US here on earth, if others exist the bible would have to be false.

If NOT, then ? is a liar and in Ricky Ricardo's voice, "Yahweh, you have some 'splainin to do!"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The bible speaks of aliens and even greek ''mythology" does. The book of enoch speaks about them as fallen angels but they are aliens, the gods that greek mythology speak about are aliens too. Alot of cultures have stories about being in contact with aliens, i think it's only a matter of time before we regain contact or they present themselves to us. I think people fail to realize how young human beings are compared to how old the Earth is, and th Earth is young compare to how old the Universe is. More than likely there has been species who have been around alot longer than us and have the technology to travel here or possess sacred knowledge.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    not saying that aliens did or didn't come from space and interact with people, but is it too far fetched to believe that people just had vast imaginations back then. You know when you dream, and wake up and then ask yourself how the hell did my brain think of something like that? if no one told you about how the universe/our solar system works, then how impossible would it be for you to consider that some kind of life lives beyond the skies or could come from the sky? Not much, i'd imagine since no one knew what was up there. i'm aware that there is more to explain these things then just someone dreaming and making up ? , that's not what i'm trying to say. I'm just saying that despite the lack of information back then, I think the intelligence/abilities of people back then is underestimated.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Discovery had a show call "ancient astronauts" and it delved into alot of stuff about contact back then and the impossibility of some of the engineering feets of ancient monuments without modern technology (the pyramids, stonehendge,etc). No way in hell you can convince me men had the technology or could logistically do some of the ? they did, especially since we can't even duplicate some of the feet today.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Discovery had a show call "ancient astronauts" and it delved into alot of stuff about contact back then and the impossibility of some of the engineering feets of ancient monuments without modern technology (the pyramids, stonehendge,etc). No way in hell you can convince me men had the technology or could logistically do some of the ? they did, especially since we can't even duplicate some of the feet today.

Research Antediluvian world and Enoch.

This link might blow your lid off if you take time to look at it.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/great.htm
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    The bible speaks of aliens and even greek ''mythology" does. The book of enoch speaks about them as fallen angels but they are aliens, the gods that greek mythology speak about are aliens too.
    i'm actually curious to hear what makes it a FACT that these texts refer to aliens
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Research Antediluvian world and Enoch.

This link might blow your lid off if you take time to look at it.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/great.htm

Huh, i'm more inclined to believe the "gods" that the bible speaks about are aliens and the book as a whole is one big allegorical and symbolistic story for the plight of men and the "gods".
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    i'm actually curious to hear what makes it a FACT that these texts refer to aliens

The stuff speaks on beings travelling in vehicles that looked like wheels on fire in the sky and since when has an angel ever travelled in a vehicle. Even the ancient drawings look like space ships.
  • thatotherdude
    thatotherdude Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    we are the aliens on this planet. genetically altered by aliens from another planet. altered in that aliens image.

but yea, the ancient aliens series is definitely a must see for another perspective. it was very well done. it was actually on the history channel.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Huh, i'm more inclined to believe the "gods" that the bible speaks about are aliens and the book as a whole is one big allegorical and symbolistic story for the plight of men and the "gods".

Those "gods" are demons my brother. The same demons, satan being the head, which continue to blind the hearts and minds of those who refuse to acknowledge the truth. Satan is pretty ? good at doing his job i must say.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Those "gods" are demons my brother. The same demons, satan being the head, which continue to blind the hearts and minds of those who refuse to acknowledge the truth. Satan is pretty ? good at doing his job i must say.

Satan doesn't exist, it's some ? created by the church to keep people in check and instill fear in people for when they question stuff and step out of line. The concept of ? and satan are all social construct.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Satan doesn't exist, it's some ? created by the church to keep people in check and instill fear in people for when they question stuff and step out of line. The concept of ? and satan are all social construct.

You're a smart dumb ? . Satan is a Hebrew word that existed before the church was a ? thought in Paul's mind. It just means "adversary". The "devil" is a fabrication of the church. Thats why the word doesn't appear untill the NT right alongside a burning hell or pearly gate heaven in the afterlife. The word translated as "? " or "gods" in the Bible (Elohim) can mean several things: superhuman beings, idols, angelic beings, powerful men or elemental forces.Only in conjunction with LORD (YHWH) does it denote the Creator and it still is not a "proper name" but rather a description (Is/Was/Will Be). If you don't know this context then you dont know what the hell you are looking at when you are reading the Bible whether you are Christian, atheist or whatever. You want to give the appearance of being learned but all you do is equate religion with the spiritual world and Christian fallacies with the source text which is patently false and lethally foolish.

The misinterpretation of what ? /? /gods and satan means and the resulting implications are social constructs.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited June 2010
    of course their is aliens on other planets and its obvious they visted egypt, and other cities, ? they found ancient artifacts in egypt that look like jets so if they anint enough evidence i dont know what is, a;so every culture has a creation story, i m sure aliens have one to
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    janklow wrote: »

Me too, I've read Enoch and I can sorta see how they would think this, but it never specifies them as aliens or anything different than a human....
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Me too, I've read Enoch and I can sorta see how they would think this, but it never specifies them as aliens or anything different than a human....

So ancient people would have called super intelligent beings coming to the planet aliens too? And I dont think the book of enoch refers to them as human, therefore its something that was different from a human.

Say for an instance that the book of Enoch said that humans came to earth in flying machines from space, which it doesnt say humans but we'll say it does, why would it then be anything godly? Who's to say beings from different galaxies dont have the same features as us? My guess is u take hollywoods depictions of aliens and ufos and use that as your basis.
  • TX_Made713
    edited June 2010

so your saying et is a demon
This discussion has been closed.