The Ancient Alien Theory

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The stuff speaks on beings travelling in vehicles that looked like wheels on fire in the sky and since when has an angel ever travelled in a vehicle. Even the ancient drawings look like space ships.
    so what you're saying is that your interpretation of a vague description makes it a fact? what you're telling me seems just as verified as another guy telling me they're Greek gods or fallen angels or anything else.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The exsistence of extra terrestrial beings doesn't disprove the Bible unless you are placing ? within the confines of human logic and reason.......Oh wait, that's what y'all always do.......carry on.

PEACE
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you are not familiar with the AAT (ancient astronauts/ancient "aliens") then here is an explanation taken from wiki
    According to certain authors, intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.[1][2] These proposals have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin, Robert K. G. Temple, and David Icke.[3] Ancient astronauts have been widely used as a plot device in science fiction, but the idea that ancient astronauts actually existed is not taken seriously by most academics, and has received little or no credulous attention in peer reviewed studies.

Proponents of ancient astronaut theories often maintain that humans are either descendants or creations of beings who landed on Earth thousands of years ago. An associated idea is that much of human knowledge, religion, and culture came from extraterrestrial visitors in ancient times, in that ancient astronauts acted as a “mother culture”. Other proposals include the idea that civilization may have evolved on Earth twice, and that the visitation of ancient astronauts may reflect the return of descendants of ancient humans whose population was separated from earthbound humans.[citation needed] These ideas are generally discounted if not ridiculed by the academic and skeptical communities.[4]

Proponents argue that the evidence for ancient astronauts comes from supposed gaps in historical and archaeological records, and they also maintain that absent or incomplete explanations of historical or archaeological data point to the existence of ancient astronauts. The evidence is said to include archaeological artifacts that they argue are anachronistic or beyond the presumed technical capabilities of the historical cultures with which they are associated (sometimes referred to as "Out-of-place artifacts"); and artwork and legends which are interpreted as depicting extraterrestrial contact or technologies.

Mainstream academics, when they comment at all on such proposals, have responded that gaps in contemporary knowledge of the past need not demonstrate that such speculative ancient astronaut ideas are a necessary, or even plausible, conclusion to draw.[5] Academic researchers in related disciplines generally maintain that there is no evidence to support the proposals of ancient astronauts or paleocontact. Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of the double helix structure of DNA, however strongly believed in what he called panspermia, the concept that earth was 'seeded' with life, probably in the form of bluegreen algae, by intelligent extraterrestrial species, for the purpose of ensuring life's continuity. He believed that this could have been done on any number of planets of this class, possibly using unmanned shuttles. He talks at length about this theory in his book Life Itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts

You can go to the link cited and read more, this is just a small portion giving the details and background of the theory.

First off, I want to start off saying this is not promoting the green alien, big head, big eyed, Hollywood movie aliens. Aliens in this sense just = not from this planet humanoids.

There have been many artifacts, paintings, drawings and ancient texts that depict some form of technology and/or people that were present 10,000+ years ago (and sooner). I will just start off with the ancient astronauts artifacts and post with others later. I can't do more than 4 images per post, so I'll post and we can discuss each one.

ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaJbATVUNoiK6xVSKdBTu5ENE7GrnzgDzWJWHgTvRybxBEMU2h_A

2105714107359cca245fobz0.jpg&t=1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg0fSOcuLR1mEfnulXBS0bhBwDpzBgNOAm8Gh1x9LLB0JNJmet_w

1. The first image is a "Dogu" from the Jomon period in Ancient Japan. It's a person inside of a suit, a space suit. (or supposedly)

2. This figure is from Ecuador, two figures in two different suits.

3. This last figure is from the Mayan culture and obviously depicts another person inside of a suit. This time around we see something covering the mouth. This covering of the mouth is a breathing apparatus.

3 figures, 3 different groups of people and cultures. Coincidence they all have an idea of a suit of protection? (in which how would they know they need it for space travel?) Or is it ancient times with "alien technology"?

They always spoke of star people, flying what not. So the idea of going to these star people, or 'gods', wasn't something that wasn't in their thoughts. It was.

Now, discuss this...
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i love reading about this ? , and although its hard to believe those artifacts are still really strange and interesting for the time period
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Interesting theory and a great plot device for movies/games (assassins creed series does a good job implementing this) but I'm gonna require a lot more quality evidence before I even begin to take this serious.

Although I do believe there to be life on other planets out there somewhere. Just don't think they've been ? with us for the same reasons we ain't ? with them
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, whether one embraces either one depends on what he or she believes about them. There is a certain fascination we have with higher intelligence and to think there is someone or something "smarter" than us makes us ponder the two possibilities in that way. But what if it is not strictly about intelligence?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alot of the old texts (Sumarian, Book of Enoch,etc) speak about alot of this ? but for "some" reason modern teachings omit them. It's pretty clear alot of these different cultures thousands of miles away share similar stories and artificats, something definetly is missing from the history books. There are time lapses too!
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah i never understood how different cultures were building similar temples and creating extremely similar artifacts without any contact with one another
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    ? scientology

lol what? This has nothing to do with Scientology. Not even remotely close.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Interesting theory and a great plot device for movies/games (assassins creed series does a good job implementing this) but I'm gonna require a lot more quality evidence before I even begin to take this serious.

Although I do believe there to be life on other planets out there somewhere. Just don't think they've been ? with us for the same reasons we ain't ? with them

There is absolutely no explanation as to their artifacts but to suggest they've been visited by some outside beings. To call them 'aliens' is correct, but not in the form we automatically think. They're more so the human alien. What they describe in books, texts and in images cannot be anything less than what we suspect it to be. These aliens were called, 'gods'! I find that interesting because ? corrected fools for calling others ? , here we don't seem to have any record of correction. They all accepted the title to be called ? (s) so it cannot be angels either. Angels would rebuke that title to the most holy, but they don't. If in fact they are aliens from another planet, it is fact they are our gods, they helped our kind to strive and live and build. I think without the help from the 'star people' we would've never made it this far.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Alot of the old texts (Sumarian, Book of Enoch,etc) speak about alot of this ? but for "some" reason modern teachings omit them. It's pretty clear alot of these different cultures thousands of miles away share similar stories and artificats, something definetly is missing from the history books. There are time lapses too!

Exactly, the Book of Enoch is supposedly apart of the bible and yet is considered to NOT be because some idiots love to think it's impossible for '? 's word' to be separated. So that's fine, we'll take it and use it in the AAT, why? Because it ? ' works. BoE backs up other texts and images by stating that the 'angels' came down and shared the secrets of 'heaven' with people on earth and not only that these angels also 'had sex' with earth women. ? , the ancients say the same EXACT thing in their texts and images. What other correlations do you need? What other evidence do you need? Religious people take the evidence and laugh at it, EVIDENCE, but they have a belief in which no evidence exists for a Jesus. Who should laugh at who now?

Young-Ice wrote: »
    ? scientology

What the ? are you talking about? LOL

Anyway, what do you guys think of the images posted? What do you think of these people in "spacesuits"!?!? Do you think we're misinterpreting it as spacesuits? What do you think their purpose was with it?
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This past week I found a new posting about Black Roots Science/Wisdom and the Griot (african Storyteller) being interviewed talks briefly about the Sumerian texts.

Thanks for that response. But as few as it maybe there are some Whites in the world that are down for the cause and know the truth. Zacharia Sitchin for one has written books on Ancient Egypt and Summeria, the mothership Nibiru, and ancient Egypt technology, Gods and Goddesses.

80. Yes, there are many like him who have discovered part of the truth, but not the whole truth. They fill the rest with a lot of self-serving speculations, so one still has to be careful and not take everything they say wholesale.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/blackrootswisdom/BookPages1.html#BookPages1

O

ur earth and solar system were created 78 trillion years ago. As soon as the earth was ready, 144,000 ancestors came from another star system, the star called Sirius that was worshipped by the ancient Egyptians. They inhabited the earth after preparing it by seeding it with plant and animal life. After about 7,000 years since their arrival, their population increased from 144,000 to one billion eight million (1b8m).

2. This number, 1b8m, is the most sacred number in creation. It is the total number of original people who inhabited the first earth of our universe countless trillions of years ago. Thus every earth inhabited thereafter keeps this number as their final and stable population. It was determined to be the ideal number of people that can inhabit a planet the size of earth in complete comfort, without imposing on each other or on the natural resources, as well as on the animals and plants. That enables complete freedom of movement for all life on the planet, and this is essential for peace, prosperity, and spiritual growth (the gaining of knowledge).
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ...plausible

not really
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    not really

How is it not plausible?

*Waits for some ? answer instead of actual discussion*
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How is it not plausible?

which part?

the planet being 78 TRILLION ? years old?

or the faster-than-light travel required for extraterrestrials to get here?

or the fact that something as amazing as contact with aliens would happen and no good evidence was actually left behind?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    which part?

the planet being 78 TRILLION ? years old?

or the faster-than-light travel required for extraterrestrials to get here?

or the fact that something as amazing as contact with aliens would happen and no good evidence was actually left behind?

I think you're confusing the AAT with Scientology man.

It doesn't go against anything science says. The age of the universe earth, the big bang, evolution.

And their is pretty solid evidence to suggest it might have happened. Do a little research man, there's quite a few big name scholars and archaeologists who believe it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://stagevu.com/video/njrxjoosiise

Here's the original video for those who have no idea wtf they are talking about. It's two hours long and was the opening video that eventually led to two seasons worth of shows. No where does it have anything to do with blackroots, Scientology, Earth being 78 trillion years old, green boogie men, none of that ? .
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think you're confusing the AAT with Scientology man.
    I'm listing things that you people are talking about in this very thread.
    It doesn't go against anything science says.
    Explain their mode of travel, then. Are they breaking the speed of light barrier? Are they folding space? Can they generate huge wormholes somehow?
    there's quite a few big name scholars and archaeologists who believe it.
    1. Fallacious appeal to authority.

2. Name these big names.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://stagevu.com/video/njrxjoosiise

Here's the original video for those who have no idea wtf they are talking about. It's two hours long and was the opening video that eventually led to two seasons worth of shows. No where does it have anything to do with blackroots, Scientology, Earth being 78 trillion years old, green boogie men, none of that ? .

Thanks for that. I do see a misunderstanding with this AAT vs whatever else they're posting. To each their own but that ? that dude posted about 70+ trillion years old, lol no...
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options

Explain their mode of travel, then. Are they breaking the speed of light barrier? Are they folding space? Can they generate huge wormholes somehow?

1. Fallacious appeal to authority.

2. Name these big names.

Is that said to be possible they just have to figure out how to? If that is the case, whose to say another civilization on another planet who is thousands of years ahead of us can't do so? This is just a 'theory', that's what it is called. So it's not saying it is for a fact, although some do believe this is all solid proof for a fact. I don't know it's fact but it is beyond interesting and is very plausible.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LMAO, No one said anything about 78 trillions years old. Maybe anthony7q but no one else. No one buys that ? black roots stuff but him.

It's theorized that they came from a tenth planet in the solar system. I don't believe that aspect because that only came about from their being 10 planets in an ancient drawing and Zitchens ? story of Nibiru. IMO if the theory was true, then yes I would think it was a wormhole. Wormholes seem to me to be more plausible to advance speed and bend time then building a ship that can travel quicker than light.
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Both the Sumerians and the Egyptians believed that their ancestors came from the planet Siruis. If you believe what they say about the Sumerian text then why is Egyptian and other African tribes theories so hard to believe?
  • anthony7q
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I guess it's easier to believe aliens came down from the heavens and taught black folk how to write and s**t.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    Both the Sumerians and the Egyptians believed that their ancestors came from the planet Siruis. If you believe what they say about the Sumerian text then why is Egyptian and other African tribes theories so hard to believe?

Because thousands of other civilizations say the same thing about Star People.

Blackroots is ancient texts mixed in with racist rhetoric.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options

Some ? just throws science off, especially the trillions of years old ? .
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options

Sirius is not a planet.

edit: and more importantly, the Egyptians and Sumerians never said anything about their ancestors coming from another planet

seriously, show me where these people themselves expressed that belief

its all ? , ?
This discussion has been closed.