School Me on Ron Paul

Options
Plutarch
Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
I've been watching some youtube videos and reading his wikipedia article, and the man seems like a gift from ? to America. I already knew of him but never really digged any deeper because of my mistrust of politicians and politics in general. But the man's honest (a rare gem in the political world), and logical and reasonable even to a point where he can agree with his opposition at times.

So how do you all feel about him? Would you vote for him? Why isn't he more popular? Is he just mostly hype?

Comments

• GrandDaddyPurple
    GrandDaddyPurple Members Posts: 42
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I've been watching some youtube videos and reading his wikipedia article, and the man seems like a gift from ? to America. I already knew of him but never really digged any deeper because of my mistrust of politicians and politics in general. But the man's honest (a rare gem in the political world), and logical and reasonable even to a point where he can agree with his opposition at times.

So how do you all feel about him? Would you vote for him? Why isn't he more popular? Is he just mostly hype?

? is two-faced, he is suppose to be a republican who has liberal agenda, which is fishy, but he is movin' heads up in the media and ? , they don't like him so that's a good sign, just like they were shittin' on obama all day.
  • Dr Bang
    Dr Bang Members Posts: 185
    edited August 2011
    Options
    when i was trying to get into the politics like get my info and ? lol.

i went and did my research. dude aint all what they hype him to be about. I made a thread in like political white forum or some ish lol.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread705909/pg1

thats the thread i made, the thread would prolly answer a lot of questions you might have or want to know about Ron Paul.

He has some good ideas but most of them are just to outrages. like getting rid of health care. His suggestion was to have people be taken care by doctors from the church like the "Old Days" and if people couldn't afford the bills it would be fine and they can pay whenever they can lol. Now if you are thinking rationally you would ask your self, am i really suppose to believe doctors is gonna do ? for free. Like C'Mon son a mothafukin doctor has to be in school for how many years and study a whole bunch of ? and keep studying a whole bunch of ? , they prolly have to pay for further education in medicine. They gonna do all that and treat people for free, when they going to have bills to pay and perhaps mouths to feed FOH.

His views on HealthCare were not realistic to me.
  • A Fresh Hawaiian
    A Fresh Hawaiian Members Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He is a "Libertarian" which although it has some good ideas is not too practical today. Especially huge cutbacks on military, and social services.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He part of the machine too, they all are. Dont fall for the okey doke like most people did with Obama, they all take orders from the real people who run the world. Its all a script. Everything that is happening politically and economically has been created by social engineering.
  • A Fresh Hawaiian
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^^ Yeah the best thing we can do is vote for someone who will do a good job running the economy. Obama doing a ? job.

I'm looking at some Republicans who can make a good economy so people can get rich again
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

He is the promised white Jesus you all have been looking for.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Dr Bang wrote: »

i went and did my research. dude aint all what they hype him to be about. I made a thread in like political white forum or some ish lol.

thats the thread i made, the thread would prolly answer a lot of questions you might have or want to know about Ron Paul.

He has some good ideas but most of them are just to outrages. like getting rid of health care. His suggestion was to have people be taken care by doctors from the church like the "Old Days" and if people couldn't afford the bills it would be fine and they can pay whenever they can lol. Now if you are thinking rationally you would ask your self, am i really suppose to believe doctors is gonna do ? for free. Like C'Mon son a mothafukin doctor has to be in school for how many years and study a whole bunch of ? and keep studying a whole bunch of ? , they prolly have to pay for further education in medicine. They gonna do all that and treat people for free, when they going to have bills to pay and perhaps mouths to feed FOH.

His views on HealthCare were not realistic to me.

It is to me.

Ron Paul will get the government and corporations out of healthcare.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    He part of the machine too, they all are. Dont fall for the okey doke like most people did with Obama, they all take orders from the real people who run the world. Its all a script. Everything that is happening politically and economically has been created by social engineering.

Ron Paul is not part of the machine, he's against the machine, he wants to end the fed, IRS and more,
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like ron paul because he doesn't seem to be bought, but I would never vote for him because I think his policies would be disastrous for society. He is an opposition candidate I can respect, although he has also said some questionable things about minorities, although he says he never said them that it was a ghostwriter.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Also it has always been my position that rich people like libertarianism because it protects their money, and as such even if the libertarian himself is genuine, I feel like their ideas get used for all the wrong reasons
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If Ron Paul was ever elected President, he'd be assassinated.
  • Dr Bang
    edited August 2011
    Options
    not to mention his answer to everything is leave it up to the state lol.

That sounds good and all, but have you seen some of the laws passed recently in some of these states. Last year in Arizona it was made legal to racial profile and to fine Hispanic people who didn't carry all identification and birth certificate. If they can pass that law w/ the government involved in their state Imagine what they would do w/o government interference.

Also when he kind of mentioned his thoughts on people who were born in the US w/ Immigrant parents should prolly be considered Immigrants too had me a bit eerie.

Like i said he has some good ideas, but the biggest ones IMO are bit drastic and outrageous.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe so, but perhaps we need someone a bit drastic and outrages. I'm not sayin' it should be Ron Paul though. IMO he's an idiot!
  • Dr Bang
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Madbeats wrote: »
    Maybe so, but perhaps we need someone a bit drastic and outrages. I'm not sayin' it should be Ron Paul though. IMO he's an idiot!

yeah to a certain degree, but not like Ron Paul. I dont understand how his plans would actually help.

I just think we need some one who knows how to think, involves the people in the decisions being made. Really look for long term solutions.

But hey, in the world we in i don't think that'll ever happen. There's just too much money and greed involved, there would really have to be a war of some sort w/ the people of america to get control. I don't think none of these corporations that have the money and use it to control and have the government in their favor would ever let some one else better anything if it means slowing up their cash flow.
  • A Fresh Hawaiian
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We need less regulations and more military and social programs
  • Jonas.dini
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In finance we need way more regulation imo
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Ron Paul is not part of the machine, he's against the machine, he wants to end the fed, IRS and more,

Funny thats what most people thought about Obama. The Fed, the IRS is going to go away anyway. Your not paying attention to whats going on economically in the US and around the world, the worlds economy depends on the US which is in debt to China. This ? is by design.

Paul wont make it anyway. You see how the media blacked him out during his last campaign right? The already chose the winner rather its Obama again (most likely) or someone new its still business as usual.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    The Fed, the IRS is going to go away anyway.

??? No-sign
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I realize this may be a thread derail but....

He has some good ideas but most of them are just to outrages. like getting rid of health care....

I couldn't stop laughing at this....like I couldn't even read the other poster's comment cause of this one right here....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Plutarch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All jokes aside, I'm still not completely convinced. I'm certainly not saying that Ron Paul is perfect. I'm just saying that he seems much better than the rest and far better than your average politician. You can clown him all you want, but the evidence seems to still hold up. I mean, let's be real though. You know that he has to stand for some kind of good truth when the media (and our government?) is attempting to censor him and when he draws criticism from both the left and right (including Fox). And I have never ever seen anyone defeat him in a debate, never. Perhaps because the truth cannot be defeated?

Please check out these videos and check out the positive comments too:

A great example of him speaking the truth among his political adversaries during a political debate.
    We get our information about the world from the media. The media is not worth trusting for several reasons because it tries to keep us stupid so that it can exploit us. The media attempts to blackball Ron Paul so that we don't know about him...Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm also starting to notice that the usual reactions from people who don't like Ron Paul are either one of two things: they either roll their eyes or they attempt a smug look on their faces. Either way, they have nothing really substantial to counter what he says.
    A nice interview by G4 about Ron Paul and his views on the computers, internet, media, etc.
    This video draws parallels between Chris Rock and Ron Paul, two admirably truthful men in this world today. Also talks about Paul's liberterarian views on drugs since that was a hot topic in this thread. But I don't necessarily disagree with Paul's views at all. At the most, we all know that marijauna should be legalized in America.
    Not only Chris Rock, but Bill Maher, another admirably truthful person, also has a lot in common with Ron Paul. He also fully endorses Paul.
    Another great example of Paul showcasing his great capactiy for sense and reason in a political debate
    It's only right that FOX News doesn't like Ron Paul (even though he is technically a Republican), that they would even apparently refuse to air or censor footage of him on thier own network. And that would be footage in which he gets love from the public. The media does not want the people to see or hear Ron Paul because he speaks the truth?
    I see no substantial reason to not vote for him.
  • Plutarch
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? is two-faced, he is suppose to be a republican who has liberal agenda, which is fishy, but he is movin' heads up in the media and ? , they don't like him so that's a good sign, just like they were shittin' on obama all day.

How come being a republican and having a liberal agenda is two faced? To me, that's more indication of being real because there is truth in both sides. When you're too far to the left or too far to the right, that's when I know you're on some bs. But yeah, you're absolutely right about the media.

nice drop. I've read some of it and will continue to read on. But honestly, even though I agree and disagree with some of his policies, I don’t see anything too radical to me. “Radical”, as in stupid.
    He is a "Libertarian" which although it has some good ideas is not too practical today. Especially huge cutbacks on military, and social services.

I actually support and respect libertarian ideas, and don't see them as impractical really.
    tupacfan35 wrote: »

Agreed.
    Madbeats wrote: »

Maybe we do need some drastic changes. I don’t understand why people are so scared of change when they are fed up with the current state of events. And we voted for a guy whose slogan was all about change. What?

And how is Ron Paul an idiot?
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ron paul is so ? crazy he has to be elected, just for the laughs...

imagine all the red faces when this man legalizes Heroin and ? ...

I don't think that he's crazy at all. On the contrary, I think that he is very sane and reasonable.

I'm not saying that you said this, but I'm sure there are people who misunderstand Ron Paul and his stance on drugs like heroin. Ron Paul is NOT pro-heroin from what I know. His stance is much more complex than that, and based more on liberty, states' rights, and respect for individuals.
    The Jamel wrote: »
    He'd also eat obama for lunch in a debate... in fact... any ? candidate... obama's preacher style would get ? on hard by real facts... that man is like a walking Brittanica app...

so true.
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The good thing about Ron Paul is the fact he seems against wars and military spending. He's against the war on drugs and some other things..

But he has some disastrous ideas....

Most notably that the free market solves everything. Meaning that you should trust consumerism more than democracy.

If a company discriminates against a certain race of people in the real world that is illegal, and the people who are discriminated against can sue. So companies are forced to not be racist.

In ron pauls world the same racist company would be legally be able to discriminate. The only way people could change this is if people were to boycott that company. So, if you live in a racist part of the country where people are ok with racism there could legally be segregated movie theaters, restaurants or busing....
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    also being anti regulation is kind of ? .

It's like being anti bathing. Like it may suck sometimes but you have to understand why you have it.