Ladies, what's more flattering?

kat2180
kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Powder Room
Are you more flattered by a compliment given by a man or a woman?

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    So yall are going to check my thread and not respond?

Fine..I'll answer.

I would go with females because we can be greedy with our compliments, and plus it would seem more genuine instead of of something said in order to get some play.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »
    So yall are going to check my thread and not respond?

Fine..I'll answer.

I would go with females because we can be greedy with our compliments, and plus it would seem more genuine instead of of something said in order to get some play.

I've seen hundreds of women give fake ass compliments and then ? on the chick when she leaves. ? , women are less genuine with the compliments b/c they'll basically do it by passively saying a chick looks like ? .

Ex: Chick posts a full body pic of herself on the IC clearly trying to show that she looks "good."
    Everyone recognizes that she is funny looking or fat, etc.
    Random IC chick: "Oooh I like the color and shape of your eyes............."
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    It depends on what the compliment is and who says it

Both men and women can be fake
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Women. Guys will be like "you look nice". Women give more detailed compliments.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    kai_valya wrote: »
    lol, i just clicked on it. i'll respond. u know it was probably the guys sneaking a peek in your thread

but honestly it depends. i love the compliments from my man the most. but if we're just speaking about strangers, i take the compliments of women as having more truth. not that a guy would lie, but i just question their motives. like if a female compliments my outfit, i assume it's because that's how she sincerely feels (may not be true but oh well). but i wonder if a guy is just saying that for their own purposes

either way a compliment is a compliment, it's nice no matter who it comes from

You look nice in your avatar.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    You women ? me off we give yall a compliment yall think we up to something