What Horror Movie Scared The Ish out of You Growing Up?

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
When i was little my parents let me watch all the scary movies. at 5 i was watching Lepercauhn and Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday The 13th. I Was living in Portland at the time and i remembered the first time i saw Candyman. Movie with black dude with the hook for a hand. i was terrified because for once it just seemed like such a real movie, i lived in portland oregon at the time and it was the poorer neighborhood and i remember the public bathrooms just being a disgusting mess and graffitti written everywhere on the walls, and theres a scene in candyman where she goes thru a bathroom exactly like it and it just was horrifying haha.

Also IT. the steven king movie. Been scared of clowns ever since.

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    When i was little my parents let me watch all the scary movies. at 5 i was watching Lepercauhn and Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday The 13th. I Was living in Portland at the time and i remembered the first time i saw Candyman. Movie with black dude with the hook for a hand. i was terrified because for once it just seemed like such a real movie, i lived in portland oregon at the time and it was the poorer neighborhood and i remember the public bathrooms just being a disgusting mess and graffitti written everywhere on the walls, and theres a scene in candyman where she goes thru a bathroom exactly like it and it just was horrifying haha.

Also IT. the steven king movie. Been scared of clowns ever since.

I was just about to post that oh and Event Horizon
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Arachnophobia

i still wont watch that movie
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Pumpkinhead - my dad had a plant shaped just like it
    Child's Play - I had a "My Buddy" doll that stayed locked up in the garage closet after watching this.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ah ? i hate that movie too. I hate hairy spiders. they can get so big when you step on them they can scream!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^ i didnt know those dolls were real hahaha
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Killer Clowns from outer space.....that ? was scary as hell back then, but its like a comedy now smh..

cosign childs play: i murked "my buddy" too lmao

edit: Candyman got a ? mind right for the evening lol...my big sis would cut the lights off and say his name 5 times cuz she knew i was scared of that ? ...i would sit still the rest of the night ? ...no bathroom or nuthin lmao
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^ i didnt know those dolls were real hahaha

yeah mane i had a black one wit a lil fro....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Was only in 2nd grade when my older brother tricked me into watching The Exorxcist...? ? me up had to take a couple days off from school...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Candy man

as far as shoes Tales from the Dark side that theme use to scare the ? out of me.. promptly after that ? went off i use to cut on the news..
  • Lou Cypher
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ah man i just saw the exorcist for the first time like 6 months ago. For an old movie it still has some scary spots.

Yall should watch House Of The Devil. it was made in 2009 but used 14mm film i beleive and makes it look all 80s. ? dope.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Candy Man and the Exorcist were creepy enough.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Halloween Resurrection when it came out gave me nightmares. But the movie that really tormented me was scream that ? mask tormented me.

lol yo Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones gave me nightmares too.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ah ? i hate that movie too. I hate hairy spiders. they can get so big when you step on them they can scream!

yea them muthafkas would make noises and sht when they got killed

? that
  • Lou Cypher
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wtf lol Halloween Resurrection was corny as ? , i cant watch them alone tho the theme music scares the ? out of me haha. Busta Rhymes ? up michael myers, lmao.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jason Takes Manhattan and It
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nightmare on elm street when freddy stretched his arms out in that alley scared the ? out of me

pet cemetery...movie was just too damn spooky
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    most of all i was scared of them x factor shows because they always said the ? was real
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    gotta go with Pennywise.... IT
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Child PLay- a Killer toy/Doll ...scared the ? outta me

IT- that clown was scary..he is laughable now though
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    for some reason this scared the ? outta me

them long ass arms, that scraping sound and the way he ran. then the part where she in the bed room gettin ripped upand dragged up the wall by an invisible freddy
    a ? still light weight traumatized lol
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Exorcist that ? had me scared as ? ? use to sleep with lights on for like 2 weeks straight after watching that ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Exorcist hands down....
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tales from the Hood . that movie ? my childhood up the cheeisness and black actors(im black) and the style of the movie made that ? felt real and I still wont watch that ? by myself ....trash me lol
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Exorcist hands down....

? was inspired true events made me more shook was
    years before I saw it again. Nevermind the devil ? the scene in the hospital inserting needles in the throat was crazy.

? made me physically sick..saw it sunday didn't go to school the next 2 days.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    et.jpg
    ^^^^^
    It's not a Horror flick, but this ugly little ? use to scare the ? outta me....

And whoever mentioned "Tales from the Darkside", co-? -sign! The third act with Rae Dawn Chong being the gargoyle had me ? on myself.