Do yall think we will run out of fuel in this lifetime?

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Social Lounge
How much longer do yall think we have with the oil? i live in alaska and our pipeline is producing a lot less than previous years. supposedly Saudi arabia has 25% of the worlds oil there, i hear they are also running low. We run out of oil, and we become chinese. How long ya think the oil fields got left in them?

Comments

• kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It'll be a while before we run out of oil. America has one of the world's largest reserves that hasn't even been touched yet because of where it's located and we want to preserve that land.

But by the time we do run out of oil, I'm pretty sure we would've figured out an alternative by then.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have no idea, but I do know that neither drilling nor conserving are long term solutions
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We run out of oil and we become chinese? huh?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No, I think people just like to exaggerate to make their points.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This whole running out of oil ? is a gimmick set in place by all the oil corporations to make billions of dollars off us feeble minded people!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Read up on Peak Oil theory sometime. We don't have to run out, we only have to reach the halfway point to ? the whole world.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oil will not run out soon but rather just get more expensive. The US has more "oil" that Saudia Arabia in the form of oil shale, however this is currently more expensive to produce. (North of $100/ barrel) It also has pollution issues with the process to create it.