My Thoughts on Buddhism

Options
_武赏_
_武赏_ Members Posts: 22
edited August 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
To me Buddhism is like a technical manual filled with ideas and procedures that if understood allow you to troubleshoot difficulties at their place of origin; the mind. Any person who is adept in the application of buddhist principles or understanding is in my opinion always prepared to deal with the troubles and obstacles that life will inevitably lay at her(or his) feet.

Buddhism is a religion that teaches you to accept the pain of life while destroying all suffering that is attached to it. It teaches one how to cultivate the patience and understanding required to deal with people who think and act in ways that are harmful to themselves and others and to empower people who think and act in ways that are beneficial to all.

Buddhism is a great tradition of ? -spiritual transformation that emplores you to master the mind and own your psychology.

"Despite what you think you are not free. I'm not saying that you are under the control of someone else. Its your own uncontrolled mind, your own attachment, that oppresses you. If you discover how you oppress yourself, your uncontrolled mind will disappear. Knowing your own mind is the solution to all your problems." - Lama Thubten Yeshe - Make Your Mind an Ocean

As the quote suggest buddhism is a combination of psychoanalysis and spiritual attunement. It asks each follower to closely examine their mind until they learn where its weak and fully understand the mode of thinking and activity required to make it strong. The mode of thinking is concentration & mindfulness. The activity is MEDITATION.

Buddhism is a religion that stands alone with respect to the inclusion and instruction of meditation, it has thousand upon thousand of pages of literature and nearly as much files of other media that deal with the practice of meditation.

The advanced mind work or meditation is only half the curriculum though, the other is perfecting your actions and attitude. In buddhism moral development goes hand in hand with mindfulness and mediation. It not only teaches you wisdom and morality for the world we live in, it also teaches, with meditation and mindfulness, how to direct that wisdom and morality inward so that peace is present in the world of emotion that exist in the mind.

Buddhism is revolutionary to me because its philosophy and practice heals and strengthens the spirit and allows tranquility to reign without pause over those who follow and use it. It is because of buddhism I realized peace is something that I can develop cultivate and take with me everywhere I go. It was through buddhism I understood that all troubles of the world begin and end with my troubled mind. And lastly, that my peace and wisdom make me royalty of a boundless empire that stretches beyond the cycle of life and death.

Comments