why do you ni99as still test diddy's greatness?

Options

Comments

• J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's hard not to like Diddy...I mean, he's a shady ass ? (just ask The LOX, Black Rob, G. Dep, Shyne, and countless others) but he's too entertaining to hate.

Also, I never really understood why people blame him for hip hop's downfall....what he was doing in the late 90s was original, it wasn't his fault that labels started forcing artists to bite his style.

wkhh90.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    it's hard not to like Diddy...I mean, he's a shady ass ? (just ask The LOX, Black Rob, G. Dep, Shyne, and countless others) but he's too entertaining to hate.

Also, I never really understood why people blame him for hip hop's downfall....what he was doing in the late 90s was original, it wasn't his fault that labels started forcing artists to bite his style.

nobody forced them ? to sign those terrible contracts...just like them ? had bad contracts Biggie managed to get a deal that actually made him and his family money...nobody told G. Dep's ? to sign a 6 album deal for $100,000...
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    That ? muslim now

loon.jpg

WOW....this ? rockin the Sunni now....
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    cuz he's quick to remind people that if you serve no real purpose (ie making money) then you're worthless to him...that mentality really only bothers lazy folks though lol

THANK YOU! Only broke ? hate Puff. I can't hate on a black man in the white man's world gettin' the white man's money. ? owned half of a vodka brand before puff? NOPE! Armadale? ? , what the ? is a armadale? Puff sells a lifestyle, that Sinatra ciroc commercial was brilliant. These hatin' ass ? are AAALLL broke. I respect hustle and success, ? all that other ? these ? talkin'.
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nobody forced them ? to sign those terrible contracts...just like them ? had bad contracts Biggie managed to get a deal that actually made him and his family money...nobody told G. Dep's ? to sign a 6 album deal for $100,000...

doesn't make it any less shady, but yeah.....

e143z8.jpg
  • fabionbackbitch
    edited April 2010
    Options

in the words of Jadakiss..."Puff is a paperwork gangsta"

I don't understand these ? . NONE of them talk about Jimmy Iovine, or Lyor, or David Geffen. All these white people been juxin' ? for YEARS, no one says ? . A black man does it and it's a problem? ? outta here fam.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    doesn't make it any less shady, but yeah.....

and let's be even more realistic..ain't like the artists complaining about the money were ever successful anyway...truth be told the only real successful acts on Bad Boy, Biggie, Mase, 112, have never complained about Puffy holding money away from them...it's only been the artists who flopped that say Puffy was robbing them...even after all the ? him and Mase went through you never once heard Mase say "puffy is holding out money from me"...hell he let the ? retire at the peak of his career which cost him even more money
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options

? actin like Puffy held a gun to they head and made them sign on the dotted line like how Luchabrasi did the band leader in the Godfather.....
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I respect the ? outta Diddy. Would I work for him??? Yes. Would I walk to Brooklyn to get his cheesecake? ? No. I would suck that ? dry (no ? ) for every piece of information that ? has on Business. Learn every ? thing I can from that grimey bastard, steal all the contacts & clients I can, gracefully & respectfully bow out, start my own ? & put that ? outta business or become a respected competitior. This is a dog eat dog business. I dont owe you ? . DIDDY DONT OWE YALL ? . The only way he could ? any of them ? careers up is if they let him. ? that ? ? up first. Either you a Wolf or you a Sheep. Diddy aint no less grimey than the other Fortune 500 CEOs, you think the CEO at Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs & Sidley Austin get down any differently???? LMAO @ yall ? .
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Diddy's gangster is underrated too.

Yeah, it really is. All jokes aside, i remember when the Lox was on the radio talking all that ? about throwing a fridge on puff or whatever, that ? Puffy said "Yall ? wouldnt bust a grape in a food fight" Staright ? on them ? and they didnt do ? . He even called them out about how since 50 said Puff own them, now all of a sudden they wanna get tough.

Getwitcha
  • fabionbackbitch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, it really is. All jokes aside, i remember when the Lox was on the radio talking all that ? about throwing a fridge on puff or whatever, that ? Puffy said "Yall ? wouldnt bust a grape in a food fight" Staright ? on them ? and they didnt do ? . He even called them out about how since 50 said Puff own them, now all of a sudden they wanna get tough.

Getwitcha

that ? 's a G!!!!

"y'all know where my office at man."

"? don't like ugly Puff."
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options

Getwitcha

funniest ? about that interview was Puffy telling them "Ya'll talking all that gangsta ? and I'm tryna sit down work this out like business men. You know where my office is come down here and we can get everything worked out." Made the Lox look like fools making all those threats like Puffy was supposed to be scared into giving them what they want.
  • fabionbackbitch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    funniest ? about that interview was Puffy telling them "Ya'll talking all that gangsta ? and I'm tryna sit down work this out like business men. You know where my office is come down here and we can get everything worked out." Made the Lox look like fools making all those threats like Puffy was supposed to be scared into giving them what they want.

"It's ten years later and you still got half our publishin'!"

You ? ? , you signed the contract.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "It's ten years later and you still got half our publishin'!"

You ? ? , you signed the contract.

if nothing else that interview just highlighted how little the LOX still knew about the business side of the music game...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

lmao yoooooo that interview was way too real. Real talk the G in puff really goes over ppl's head. Like they think just cause he dances a lot, has "corny" making the band shows and doesn't rap about killing ppl he can be taken lightly

somebody up that lox pic with them pushing a fridge off the roof. The IC was wild for that one.
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    lmao yoooooo that interview was way too real. Real talk the G in puff really goes over ppl's head. Like they think just cause he dances a lot, has "corny" making the band shows and doesn't rap about killing ppl he can be taken lightly

somebody up that lox pic with them pushing a fridge off the roof. The IC was wild for that one.

I remember the day that interview happened...? had so many jokes and pictures in The Reason...then when The Lox actually agreed to meet with Puffy it showed that at the end of it all, them ? knew it wasn't Puff's fault they were in the situation they were it...
  • fabionbackbitch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »

Puff the only ? that did it BY himself and still doin' it for the longest

This ? started as an intern in 1991. Andre Harrell didn't even know what a ? ' intern was initially. These ? ain't even listenin' to themselves talk. Puff is a ? ' inspiration. that ? 's a hustla's hustla. You ever notice how they call puff and hov sheisty, but they the two most accomplished in the game. If you not a ? , you won't get ? by Puff. It's that simple. SMH at a 6 album 100K deal. You ? ' ? ?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To BR and Fabion at then end of the day artist don't get what they deserve they get what the lawyer negotiated for.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    puff tho more on the pop side i didnt really like his music you can't deny the mans work ethic
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    To BR and Fabion at then end of the day artist don't get what they deserve they get what the lawyer negotiated for.

like I said the only ? on Bad Boy that complained about money were the artists who never sold alot to begin with...aint like the LOX was selling millions...hell I think their first album only went gold...and wit the money being spent on artists during the mid 90's going gold wasnt enough to make millions
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the lox are idiots to begin with. i respect diddy.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    puffs gangster> suge knights gangster
  • fabionbackbitch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    puffs gangster> suge knights gangster

puff the only ? to sign a group, release 'em but keep half they publishing, release them fully, then have them sign with him again.

? gotta be doing something right. Either that or The Lox just stupid.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    puff the only ? to sign a group, release 'em but keep half they publishing, release them fully, then have them sign with him again.

its both, but the lox are stupid as hell. jadakiss is honestly one of the dumbest ? in music. ? had the audacity to ask why the democratic party aint rallyin with him. ? LOOK AT YOU.
    jadakiss-lead.jpg
    dude looks like he breathes stupid.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Ya but you know what and I'll defend this till the day I die Money Power Respect>>>We are the Streets. Wild out was a horrible 1st single. I personally can't wait for that new LOX to drop on Bad boy

th2i87kpe.gif