What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Help!!! Anybody have this problem?

Check MateCheck Mate Posts: 472
edited August 2011 in The Arcade
Friday night I was playin Madden 11 wit my chick. Finished the game no problem. Shut the system off properly. PS3

Saturday - Turn the game on to play again, last game before the new shit come out. Got to the screen where we bout to kick off. We pick random teams so she didn't like her squad. We quit and went back to the main menu to pick again.

ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE SYSYTEM SHUTS OFF!!! Goes to the red light and everything. I was pissed cause that shit wasn't shut off properly.

Tried turnin the game on again, it comes on, then immediately shuts off, red button status. Red light blinks.

What's goin on?

Replies

• Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Red ring of death... get a new XBOX.
    PlumpGracefulAdouri.gif
    NearMarriedHoopoe.gif
  • Check MateCheck Mate Posts: 472
    edited August 2011
    In 2008, It didn't work. I sent it in for repair. $150.
    edited August 2011
    Q45T wrote: »
    Red ring of death... get a new XBOX.

I got the Staion 3
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Check Mate wrote: »
    I got the Staion 3

Oh... that's hardware failure. Almost the same as the RROD. It'd be better to just get a new one for $250 instead of spendin' $150 to get it fixed again.
    PlumpGracefulAdouri.gif
    NearMarriedHoopoe.gif
    edited August 2011
    Q45T wrote: »
    Oh... that's hardware failure. Almost the same as the RROD. It'd be better to just get a new one for $250 instead of spendin' $150 to get it fixed again.

They're 250 now?
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yep, hardware failure. Is it one of the old models?
  • Terrorist_JonesTerrorist_Jones Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ylod,,, can be fixeed for 99,, but its best to just cop a slim ps3
    edited August 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Yep, hardware failure. Is it one of the old models?

I guess. Yeah. Bigger one 80 gb.
  • One SpliffOne Spliff Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    pour out a lil liquor
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Check Mate wrote: »
    I guess. Yeah. Bigger one 80 gb.

Yea, not worth fixing imo, just get a new one for $ 250, or even one with a bigger hd or bundle kit
    edited August 2011
    Man the shit was JUST workin Friday.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    not worth fixing. hope you arent too attached to your saved games. if you can turn it back on for whatever reason, I suggest you buy a month long PSN+ subscription, cloud save all your saved games, and get a new PS3. itll be good for the economy nyuggah
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
  • redhandedbanditredhandedbandit Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    if its a fatboy ps3 with ps2 compatibility get it fixed for 100 then sell it for 300
    edited August 2011
    Appreciate it ya'll.
  • Sym_Sym_ Posts: 842
    edited August 2011
    man up and fix it yourself theres tons of info online and even step by step vids

stop getting raped by these fuckin scalpers, 150$ to fix a ps3?

holy fuck what a scam
    692r0g.gif2gvqyxc.jpg
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    problem with fixing it yourself is that its (usually) just a temporary solution, whether its a ps3 or a 360. try it to get ur games saved, but then start thinking about getting your 320 gig slimmy.
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
  • redhandedbanditredhandedbandit Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    problem with fixing it yourself is that its (usually) just a temporary solution, whether its a ps3 or a 360. try it to get ur games saved, but then start thinking about getting your 320 gig slimmy.

why buy a 320 gig when you can get a 20 gb and upgrade the hard drive to 500gb