Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning - Superbowl Performances

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    The Matt Cassell argument is stupid. You stick Matt Cassell on the Colts with Joseph Addai (or Edgerrin James), Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne and a great O-line, he's putting up the same numbers AND he's going 10-6 in the weak ass AFC South.

CUT THE ? ? .

lol dude there's no way in hell you can prove that theory so you cut that dumb ? out
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cassell went 10-6 throwing to Dwyane Bowe. You foolish to think an average to good QB can't go 8-8 or 10-6 with the offensive talent that Indianapolis has, especially in the conference yall play in. Jags....garbage. Titans.....barely above garbage. Texas....just made it out of the garbage can two years ago. I would love to see Peyton get injured for a year so yall could shut up about that ? .
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    why would you come into a thread about superbowl performances and expect not to argue about each player's superbowl performance? i dont understand.

where you get that idea from? show me the post where i implied this.

because you obviously read it wrong.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh so he can put up stats from 01,03, and 04 but im out of bounds posting stats from 05? (Your Post)

This thread is about Superbowl Apppearances from Tom Brady & Peyton Manning

I posted every Superbowl stat in the opening post. You're in here talking about playoff records. That's not what the thread was about.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    15 games. 3,116 yards. 27 TDs. 7 Ints. 93% QB Rating. - Chiefs (2010). 10-6.
    16 games. 2,924 yards. 16 TDs. 16 Ints. 69.9% QB Rating. - Chiefs (2009). 4-12.
    16 games. 3,637 yards. 21 TDs. 11 Ints. 89.4% QB Rating. - Patriots (2008). 11-5.

He had a bad year in 2009. you got that. But, he played better in 2010 on the Chiefs than he did in Boston in 2008. So really, whats your ? point in using Cassell to fault Brady. Its basically Brady & Bledsoe over again except Cassell isn't as good as Brady.

This is what I said in response to some idiot that said Cassell lead them to 10 wins last year.
    Tha Killer wrote:
    Correction: Thomas Jones, a vastly improved defense, and Jamaal Charles won 10 games for the Chiefs. His first year in KC was a disaster until Haley picked up both of Belichicks' 3x Super Bowl winning coordinators. Let's see how good KC does with a tougher schedule and without Charlie Weis. They'll still be using a variation of BB's system, but any Chiefs fan will tell you they're doomed if they have to rely on Matt Cassell.

He hadn't started a game at QB since highschool when he 'lead' that Pats team to 11 wins. If that's not proof positive of Brady being a system QB, I dunno what is.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You do realize the Chiefs went 2-14 the year before Cassel came to town......don't you? That doesn't sound like Cassel failed. That sounds like he helped to progressively turn around an ass team.

2007 - 4 Wins. 12 Losses.
    2008 - 2 Wins. 14 Losses.

Cassell signs to KC.

2009 - 4 Wins. 12 Losses.
    2010 - 10 Wins. 6 Losses.

My bad. I guess he was supposed to lead the Chiefs to the AFC championship his first year....
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh so he can put up stats from 01,03, and 04 but im out of bounds posting stats from 05? (Your Post)

This thread is about Superbowl Apppearances from Tom Brady & Peyton Manning

I posted every Superbowl stat in the opening post. You're in here talking about playoff records. That's not what the thread was about.

again, where am i saying i didnt wanna talk about superbowl performance in your superbowlperformance thread? you still misreading. that quote was me addressing ghost about HIM trying toTELL ME what I COULDNT talk about in this thread.

you all confused right now, you dont even know the point you're arguing or dont realize its wrong and furthermore irrelevant. you said why would i "come into a thread about superbowl performances and expect not to argue about each player's superbowl performance?"

show me the post where i said i didnt want or wasnt expecting to discuss their performances

up until now, the only thing ive been talking about in here, is their performances.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    all i know is... when they finally replaced all them "bums" and "bs WRs" with good ones and put it all on brady's shoulders to go out and win it, he hasnt been able to get it done. tom brady somethin like 1-3 or 0-4 for his last 4 playoff games while peyton manning (who besides reggie wayne WR talent has been on the downside) has at least been to 2 superbowls in that span and won 1
    how is that an excuse? the saints defense did exactly what they were good at which was turn the ball over, and was exactly how and why they won

whats the excuse for why brady, with all the talent he has now and monster stats, cant win a playoff game anymore?
    im not even a colts/manning fan like that, but...

now that the roles are reversed and brady is the regular season stat stuffer who plays with a mediocre defenseand who's team fizzles out early in the playoffs, yall act like that ? dont count
    dont know where you got this notion... must be your own insecurity makin you take that leap of logic.

but the fact of the matter is... since that -1 brady and the patriots took against the giants, brady hasnt won a playoff game, while manning has won several and been to the superbowl.

for all the talk about him being so clutch/so good in the playoffs...

2005 vs the broncos he threw 2 picks in the divisional round and lost

2006 AFCCG vs IND, he threw a pick to end and lose the game after being up 21-6 at the half.

2007 even with that amazing season he had, he almost threw away the AFCCG vs the chargers by throwing 3 picks. then couldnt produce more than 14 points vs the giants in a SB loss.

2008, unfortunate season ending injury.

2009 ended the season throwing 3 interceptions in a wild card playoff loss to the ravens

2010 looked shaky and rattled, got sacked 5 times losing the jets

by my count thats 5 of the last 8 playoff games brady has been downright terrible

cut the smug ? out. i understand you just fine. you just have a problem articulating yourself correctly. the entire point of this thread was to compare Peyton and his performance against New Orleans & Chicago against Brady and his performance against Philadelphia, Carolina, St. Louis and New York.

That's it. That's all. That's all it ever was supposed to be.

You have been on this "well what has Brady done now" since you came in this thread. You're off topic. Thread's about Superbowl performance, not playoff history/success. You haven't been on topic for like 2 pages. How does any of the bolded matter in a convo about the Superbowl?
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cassell went 10-6 throwing to Dwyane Bowe. You foolish to think an average to good QB can't go 8-8 or 10-6 with the offensive talent that Indianapolis has, especially in the conference yall play in. Jags....garbage. Titans.....barely above garbage. Texas....just made it out of the garbage can two years ago. I would love to see Peyton get injured for a year so yall could shut up about that ? .

and having a running game with a decent defense......you think cassel can win 10 games with a team with no running game and weak defense? no just stop
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    You do realize the Chiefs went 2-14 the year before Cassel came to town......don't you? That doesn't sound like Cassel failed. That sounds like he helped to progressively turn around an ass team.

2007 - 4 Wins. 12 Losses.
    2008 - 2 Wins. 14 Losses.

Cassell signs to KC.

2009 - 4 Wins. 12 Losses.
    2010 - 10 Wins. 6 Losses.

My bad. I guess he was supposed to lead the Chiefs to the AFC championship his first year....

Todd Haley has a lot more to do with their progression than Cassell. Cassell was relied on his first year there and sucked ass. When they got a great running game, 2 BB Super Bowl winning coordinators and a vastly improved defense, they improved. The Chiefs had to become the Patriots West to even sniff the damn playoffs.

Their last two games in 2010 were a great representation of that team as a whole and what happens when they got down early and had to rely on Cassell to try and win it for them.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And this is why a large majority of Brady fans are idiots.

? plz..you get into a brady v manning debate with me i'll shut your ? down

manning fans always side step the most important thing

i'll say it again right now as it stands...after all the polls as of late...brady is ahead of manning-check any espn, nfl network, active player, analyst..etc

that trumps any b.s. stats you can try to drum up, and for all the talk about brady playing in more superbowls...like i said..it's funny

when we talk reg season manning has play'ed in like 3 more full seasons then brady....so it's ok to compare their reg season stats but a poster can't put up their superbowl stats??

and another poster already put up their playoff stats...neither of them are above the other by that much when looking at those stats (playoffs).

you manning posters make me laugh.
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cut the smug ? out. i understand you just fine. you just have a problem articulating yourself correctly. the entire point of this thread was to compare Peyton and his performance against New Orleans & Chicago against Brady and his performance against Philadelphia, Carolina, St. Louis and New York.

That's it. That's all. That's all it ever was supposed to be.

told you that nig remedial ......
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How many systems has manning been in?

Because I swear he has had the same o-coordinator since middle school
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    How many systems has manning been in?

Because I swear he has had the same o-coordinator since middle school

its' been the same system since his rookie year...and katz screaming about him running his own offense...duh cuz he's been in it since he's been a rookie! lol
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Todd Haley has a lot more to do with their progression than Cassell. Cassell was relied on his first year there and sucked ass. When they got a great running game, 2 BB Super Bowl winning coordinators and a vastly improved defense, they improved. The Chiefs had to become the Patriots West to even sniff the damn playoffs.

Their last two games in 2010 were a great representation of that team as a whole and what happens when they got down early and had to rely on Cassell to try and win it for them.

when they finally got a running game? Jaamal Charles rushed for nearly 1,200 yards and 7 Touchdowns in 2009....the year the Chiefs went 4-12. They had a running game already.

The defense point is moot. You not gonna fault any quarterback for having a losing season when his defense is ranked 30th in the league. I dont even know what your point is, I'm guessing you're saying Matt Cassell is asscheeks, a system QB (to give basis to your Brady criticism), and that he's ass without a good team (I thought football was a team sport though? LOL..SMH). I'm saying Matt Cassell has proved he can stand on his own because he's done it in two different cities. Once Kansas City put him in a situation where he could do something, he did.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yall ? is haters lol
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    when they finally got a running game? Jaamal Charles rushed for nearly 1,200 yards and 7 Touchdowns in 2009....the year the Chiefs went 4-12. They had a running game already.

The defense point is moot. You not gonna fault any quarterback for having a losing season when his defense is ranked 30th in the league. I dont even know what your point is, I'm guessing you're saying Matt Cassell is asscheeks, a system QB (to give basis to your Brady criticism), and that he's ass without a good team (I thought football was a team sport though? LOL..SMH). I'm saying Matt Cassell has proved he can stand on his own because he's done it in two different cities. Once Kansas City put him in a situation where he could do something, he did.

no but when you're defense aint hitting on ? throwing 16 tds 16 ints is not gonna help either so.............
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    no but when you're defense aint hitting on ? throwing 16 tds 16 ints is not gonna help either so.............

Kinda like Peyton's rookie year and his fourth year in the league huh?

3,739 yards. 71.2 QB rating. 26 Touchdowns. 28 Interceptions. 3 Wins. 13 Losses. - (1998)
    4,131 yards. 84.1 QB rating. 26 Touchdowns. 23 Interceptions. 6 Wins. 10 Losses. - (2001)

Oh how we forget. You talking in circles.
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I dont give a ? , im posting my Mannings ABC and im done

They can't prove it. That's the whole point of not providing an argument

Here's what we've determined so far about PM.

A. He's Albert Einstein at QB.
    B. He's the only QB capable of running that offense
    C. He's the world's great "audibler."
    D. It's always his defenses fault.
    E. Or his OL's.
    F. Or Jim Caldwells
    G. Or Pierre Garcon's
    H. Or Raggie Wayne ran the wrong route
    I. All of PM's team accomplishments and stats count.
    J. Tom Brady's don't.
    K. Tom Brady has the greatest defense ever.
    L. PM fans are unable to acknowledge PM's offense was just as great.
    M. Because Peyton Manning makes all his players great.
    N. We ignore the fact they were mostly 1st rounders and 2 will be HOFers.
    O. Plus he calls his own plays. Who else can do that?
    P. And it's never his fault when he calls the wrong play though.
    Q. It's also not his fault he's almost single handily ended Austin Collie's career.
    R. He also is a really good teammate and he never really called out his OL and he doesn't cast blame on other player's whenever something bad happens.
    S. He ALWAYS takes the blame. He's the true leader of that team.
    T. A 3:7 TD:INT ratio in the playoffs and SB trip is really good.
    U. He willed them to victory with his terrific passing that year.
    V. It wasn't the fact his defense stepped up.
    W. Matt Cassel is as good as Brady.
    X. Brady's years with Moss don't count. 2010 doesn't count either for some reason.
    Y. Because if we admitted that when Brady had Moss he had the best year EVER.
    Z. That would completely destroy any argument for Manning being better and not overrated.

The Manning apologists ABC's
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kinda like Peyton's rookie year and his fourth year in the league huh?

3,739 yards. 71.2 QB rating. 26 Touchdowns. 28 Interceptions. 3 Wins. 13 Losses. - (1998)
    4,131 yards. 84.1 QB rating. 26 Touchdowns. 23 Interceptions. 6 Wins. 10 Losses. - (2001)

Oh how we forget. You talking in circles.

lol @ expecting someone in their rookie year to turn around a whole team in one season lol funny
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ? plz..you get into a brady v manning debate with me i'll shut your ? down

manning fans always side step the most important thing

i'll say it again right now as it stands...after all the polls as of late...brady is ahead of manning-check any espn, nfl network, active player, analyst..etc

As it stands now?

As it stands now Manning has a neck injury and him playing out the season is doubtful. The ? are you talking about?
    that trumps any b.s. stats you can try to drum up, and for all the talk about brady playing in more superbowls...like i said..it's funny

Of all things to be ? , the play by play tracking of a player's preformance (i.e. stats) is ? now.
    when we talk reg season manning has play'ed in like 3 more full seasons then brady....so it's ok to compare their reg season stats but a poster can't put up their superbowl stats??

Nobody has entertained the idea of compiling career stats of Manning vs Brady because obviously Manning has that advantage.

But how in the ? is it remotely logical to disregard 100+ games these Quarterbacks play in to base a career preformance in 6 games.

Hence the idiocy.

It's a common concept in math that you don't find out that you have a 50% chance of a coin landing on heads by flipping it twice. You find out by using a larger sample size. In other words, more games = better comparison.
    and another poster already put up their playoff stats...neither of them are above the other by that much when looking at those stats (playoffs).

The playoffs are at the most, 5 games a year.

Herpa derpa derp.
  • Rey Negro
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ expecting someone in their rookie year to turn around a whole team in one season lol funny

lol @ you not acknowledging the other year. when Manning was 26 years old, a four year veteran and threw 23 interceptions. and lost 10 games. but you ? on Cassell.

Stop it.
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol @ you not acknowledging the other year. when Manning was 26 years old, a four year veteran and threw 23 interceptions. and lost 10 games. but you ? on Cassell.

Stop it.

ok so how many more losing seasons has he had since then? lol ok close this ? thread
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok as i begin another who really doesnt pay enough time to read and comprehend what he is reading..
    As it stands now?

As it stands now Manning has a neck injury and him playing out the season is doubtful. The ? are you talking about?.

If you watched any nfl programing...there had been lists, polls done by anaylst, and active players and on that list, standing at the top of those polls brady has been voted and looked at as the number one player and QB in the league HENCE THE TERM "AS IT STANDS" Manning's neck injury has nothing to do with those polls or that list. Manning's neck surgery happened in the off season...the polls and list had been based off of what each player has done "as it stands" right now for their careers, there's thoses words again, which you seem to not know what they mean when put in a sentence...

Of all things to be ? , the play by play tracking of a player's preformance (i.e. stats) is ? now.

this right here goes right back into my first paragraph..again you have analyst, active players who seen and view these two QBs on a more personnal level then any of us fans....tell you as of right now brady is the better player and QB..These analyst and players not only view and play against these players but they read the same stats we all do...so if these players and said analyst..well the majority of them see brady as the better player and qb right now...THEN YOU TELL ME WHAT STAT YOU ARE GONNA FIND THAT TELLS ALL OF US DIFFERENT????

Nobody has entertained the idea of compiling career stats of Manning vs Brady because obviously Manning has that advantage.

But how in the ? is it remotely logical to disregard 100+ games these Quarterbacks play in to base a career preformance in 6 games.

Hence the idiocy..

First off your first sentence....manning out shadows everyone in the reg season (and again lets not forget he started 2 seasons before brady as well)...but there's more to it that you and all his fans conveniently leave out, or look over....THE PLAYOFFS...that's another portion of judging a player...it means ? if your great in the reg. season but not equally as good or better in the playoffs where the teams are better and the competitions is harder....AND THATS WHERE MANNING FALLS BACK DOWN TO EARTH..because his stats do not over shadow brady there....

and stop me when there has to be a certain rule to anyone making a thread...apparently you havent been on i.c. long enough, if you claiming the bases of someones thread is idioitic, or shouldnt be...the last i checked..the threadstarter stated what the thread was about...and i'm sure he's not just saying or using the plyoffs to say brady is better..but that's how mannings fans like to look at it..because ALL OF YOU have trouble reading and comprehending what is exactly said and meant.

It's a common concept in math that you don't find out that you have a 50% chance of a coin landing on heads by flipping it twice. You find out by using a larger sample size. In other words, more games = better comparison.

The playoffs are at the most, 5 games a year.

Herpa derpa derp.

see sec. paragraph.......reading and understanding goes a long way....i guess mannings fans have difficulties with that.....smh
  • ghost!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok so how many more losing seasons has he had since then? lol ok close this ? thread

but yet..manning had bad defensive teams so they were the reason why they couldnt advance further in the playoffs or win more championships..because according to mannings fans...thats the reason why they failed more times then not in the playoffs.....

i guess the colts won all their games on offense alone.