ok hip hop heads i got one for ya, slum village vs a tribe called quest

Options
stealthbomber
stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Face Off Forum
All u ? on the who been talkin about "nerd rap" recently can ? off, these are two of the most influential groups in rap, with j dilla and q-tip coming from them respectively. I gotta go with the tribe cuz they have more classics, although slum village was the best thing to come out of detriot.

Comments

• Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TCQ>>>>>>slum village was/is garbage. j dilla is overrated, ol ur nobody til somebody kills u ass ? .
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All u ? on the who been talkin about "nerd rap" recently can ? off, these are two of the most influential groups in rap, with j dilla and q-tip coming from them respectively. I gotta go with the tribe cuz they have more classics, although slum village was the best thing to come out of detriot.

You just answer your own question and this ? was stupid question to ask us..

I mean.........really Slum Village vs A Tribe Called Quest?

And you expect someone answer "Slum Village"?

END THREAD PLEASXE
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    SL were fans/stans of ATCQ

Q-Tip "discovered" J Dilla
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dam yall some hatin ? , how u gonna say slum village aint ? , bet theres a grip of people who think slum village is better. and dilla aint nothing till he's dead...smh..
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Love them both but i'm go with Tribe.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn, good one. The Fanastic series is slept on. But cmon, 3 straight classics? Tribe easy.

And I'm not gonna quote what that niggasback dude said, but he can eat a ? .
  • eheart
    eheart Members Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tribe is among the best. Their songs are not fading. That's hiphop.