The Official Black QB 2011/12 Thread

Options
Mumo X
Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Its been 23 years since a starting Black QB won the Superbowl. We came close in 99 and 04--McNair and McNabb almost took us to the promised land.

I believe we may start to see Black QBs flourish in the near future. I believe we will have atleast 6 statin Black QBs this year.

Michael Vick
Outta all the startin Black QBs, Vick is prolly the one with the best chance of winnin a superbowl this season. No excuses now, all the Eagles need to do is focus on Strengthenin they O-Line and Vick will get the job done. Too much expectations placed on Vick.....

Josh Freeman
Been average and in some cases poor in pre season games. Kid has got a tremendous upside and he's got alot to prove this season......the Bucs playoffs hopes rest on him .....With Freeman it gives us the best chance of havin 2 Black QBs in the playoffs..

Cam Newton
The haters/naysers are predictin he gon be a bust, but i dont see it that way.....Cam got the intangibles to become a good Quarterback in this league....hopin he will suprise many and win offensive rookie of the year even tho he in one of the toughest divisions...

McNabb
Last hurray for the great McNabb.....now or never too. I believe he should be named starter from week one and this time he got a talented squad that can go deeper into the playoffs....Percy havin, Peterson

Its jus a matter of time before a BLACK QB Lifts the Vince Lombardi trophy

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Josh Freeman isn't black
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Josh Freeman isn't black

what does he look like to you???? white??
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    what does he look like to you???? white??

He looks like a mixed kid. Like Jeter and Grady Sizemore
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited August 2011
    Options

Freeman is Mixed , not to be a ? but not many people would consider Freeman "White" , even if you're Mixed with Black/White they'll still group you as black....

or it depends i guess how much skin color there is to you , some people people thought Blake Griffin was White , to where as someone like Freeman is darker.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    any bets on 24 years? no 2012
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options

he identifies himself as black.......
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And my Money would Be on Josh Freeman but he plays in that division that is gonna be problems for a while, and also plays for a organization that seems to be pretty damn cheap , they were so far under the cap and had a chance to bring in a load of veterans or other star players to help all that youth and they didnt do ? ...and next thing you know all the "Potential" a young team has never pans out ..

i dunno how good Cam Newton will be but i can at least respect the fact the organization didnt leave him out to dry they wrapped up their good players , (yes they still need another WR) ...but majority of the times i see teams spend no where near the same Money for Black QB's as others, and i hate to say that cuz i hate all that race discussion all the time , but it's either they dont spend the money on a line for one or dont get them the necessary weapons ...

Vick is probably as close as it's gonna get for right now cuz of all the talent on the team but i dont see Philly winning one, i dunno why but i just dont

and like i said if Tampa tries to be Cheap all that "Potential" ? will be up in no time , seen it happen before, it'll be a few years down the road and folks will say "Damn you remember they had all those young players with talent and just never really lived up to it?" , you cant get by with limited veterans on the team and your core players be a bunch of Young Players...

i was real disappointed in Tampa how cheap they were in the off-season
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he identifies himself as black.......

People can call him what they want, and he can identiy whith whoever he wants.

But it doesn't make it accurate

You can't say someone is black when they have a white biological mother. It's not accurate. Same
    Whay it is to say Hines Ward is black. It's not the case at all. But whatever, you can claim him
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Usually if your father is Black, the mixed child is consider black for racial purposes. see Obama
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's just my interpretation of the situation. But either way, im outnumbered so Freeman is black. Let's just leave it at that

* goes to makes white rb thread*
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's just my interpretation of the situation. But either way, im outnumbered so Freeman is black. Let's just leave it at that

* goes to makes white rb thread*

yall cant decipher the ? im sayin so jus stop derailin the thread......

65% of the players in the league are Black but when is the last time a Black player was named AP NFL MVP or SB MVP and how often does it happen????

I would really like to see Freeman blossom into a top 3-5 QB in history.....i want his name mentioned wit the likes of marino,brady,manning,elway,montana
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And my Money would Be on Josh Freeman but he plays in that division that is gonna be problems for a while, and also plays for a organization that seems to be pretty damn cheap , they were so far under the cap and had a chance to bring in a load of veterans or other star players to help all that youth and they didnt do ? ...and next thing you know all the "Potential" a young team has never pans out ..

i dunno how good Cam Newton will be but i can at least respect the fact the organization didnt leave him out to dry they wrapped up their good players , (yes they still need another WR) ...but majority of the times i see teams spend no where near the same Money for Black QB's as others, and i hate to say that cuz i hate all that race discussion all the time , but it's either they dont spend the money on a line for one or dont get them the necessary weapons ...

Vick is probably as close as it's gonna get for right now cuz of all the talent on the team but i dont see Philly winning one, i dunno why but i just dont

and like i said if Tampa tries to be Cheap all that "Potential" ? will be up in no time , seen it happen before, it'll be a few years down the road and folks will say "Damn you remember they had all those young players with talent and just never really lived up to it?" , you cant get by with limited veterans on the team and your core players be a bunch of Young Players...

i was real disappointed in Tampa how cheap they were in the off-season

I hear you and understand where your coming from but i like the method Rah and Dominik are applying in Tampa--buildin thru the draft. i dont see them being cheap for a long time.....i believe they will address they secondary and 0-line in next yrs draft and add a couple of vets when theyre 1 0r 2 players away from contending....

Bowers,McCoy,Price,Clayborn have solved our D-Line issues for a decade if they stay healthy while in Freeman we have a franchise QB whose potential is unlimited. Yes, our O-Line sucks, its shambolic but with time we will add some key vets prolly next year......

Our WRs corps are comin along....Mike Williams and Benn and Briscoe showed they can live up to they potential now this season is huge for them. Consistency is key....

Bucs and Lions are gon be a problem for years to come if they can lock up they core players
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because WR and RBs are rarely MVPs
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    People can call him what they want, and he can identiy whith whoever he wants.

But it doesn't make it accurate

You can't say someone is black when they have a white biological mother. It's not accurate. Same
    Whay it is to say Hines Ward is black. It's not the case at all. But whatever, you can claim him

Well blame your people for the one drop rule,? .Freeman is Black, he says he is and so does his white mama.
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Well blame your people for the one drop rule,? .Freeman is Black, he says he is and so does his white mama.

So its 2011 and you are still choosing to follow the white man's senseless and racist rules?

Open your eyes. Everyone knows how illogical a one drop rule is. Its dumb to accept it, same way it would be dumb to
    Be walking around repping a 1/6th citizenship. Same way it's dumb for a man to claim he's a female. Just because millz would still simp, it doesn't make that man a female. People make false claims about themselves all the time in this world.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So its 2011 and you are still choosing to follow the white man's senseless and racist rules?

Open your eyes. Everyone knows how illogical a one drop rule is. Its dumb to accept it, same way it would be dumb to
    Be walking around repping a 1/6th citizenship. Same way it's dumb for a man to claim he's a female. Just because millz would still simp, it doesn't make that man a female. People make false claims about themselves all the time in this world.

Rotf!!shots fired at millz.
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because WR and RBs are rarely MVPs

white boy u startin to get on my nerves. Almost 75% of AP NFL MVPs and SB MVPs are caucasian. Aint that funny is a sport dominated by BLACKS?
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    white boy u startin to get on my nerves. Almost 75% of AP NFL MVPs and SB MVPs are caucasian. Aint that funny is a sport dominated by BLACKS?

Because of the position they play. Most starting qbs are white. That's all
    That matters. They get the MVPs because the position is more valuable than every other position. if more blacks become
    Elite qbs, then they will get the mvps as well. Blacks can represent 90% of the NFL
    If they want to, but until they represent more than about 5-10% of the starting qbs, they will struggle to get those MVPs
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because of the position they play. Most starting qbs are white. That's all
    That matters. They get the MVPs because the position is more valuable than every other position. if more blacks become
    Elite qbs, then they will get the mvps as well. Blacks can represent 90% of the NFL
    If they want to, but until they represent more than about 5-10% of the starting qbs, they will struggle to get those MVPs

thats the thing.... And the best way to solve this problem is segregation. Then we see how "white qbs" cope on they own. How many elite white WR,RB,TE,LB,DT,DE,CB and Safetys do we hav in the league? Less than 5% i think.
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    thats the thing.... And the best way to solve this problem is segregation. Then we see how "white qbs" cope on they own. How many elite white WR,RB,TE,LB,DT,DE,CB and Safetys do we hav in the league? Less than 5% i think.

Nobody said there are elite whites at those position. you are the one ? like its hailing on your red cross tent and a refugee just made
    off your loaf-bread helmet. Get over it. Until blacks take over the qb spot, none of that other ? matters. And that's real click clack
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Usually if your father is Black, the mixed child is consider black for racial purposes. see Obama

The race goes by what your father is.
  • Darius
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Check Mate wrote: »
    The race goes by what your father is.

Shots fired at people who thought they were black but now they aren't because they haven't seen their father so
    Now are in a state of racial uncertainty
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shots fired at people who thought they were black but now they aren't because they haven't seen their father so
    Now are in a state of racial uncertainty

LOL...? you stupid.
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shots fired at people who thought they were black but now they aren't because they haven't seen their father so
    now are in a state of racial uncertainty

lol..........