Vick bout to get his 2nd 100 milli contract

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    so vick is the first athlete to sign 2 different $100 mill contracts???
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    What a bad move by the eagles smh

Didn't another one of y'all defensive players get injured last night?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited August 2011
    cobbland wrote: »
    Good for Vick. Glad to see him bounce back.
    Still not beating Chicago though!

Nah ? , we not playing y'all on that playground grass y'all got over that at Soldier Field. This year we play y'all on a real field
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    dead at nigs on the IC having a heart! ha ha

the first time i see this manny nigs agreeing with each other.....stop me if im out of touch wit reality..but he got thrown in prison only to come out and go back playing football, made like a 1 mil, and now signed on to a 100 mill contract AGAIN

when the avg nig gets out of prison can't even get a job at walmart....lol and u nigs cheering for him! ha ha

i'm glad he got a chance to live his life in alll..but he's another athelete getting a contact...lol

and jeezy fan might be right...this might of been something philly should of (if they couldnt of) waited til like this season..because he could go bck to the old m.vick and philly still dont have an oline..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ghost! wrote: »

the first time i see this manny nigs agreeing with each other.....stop me if im out of touch wit reality..but he got thrown in prison only to come out and go back playing football, made like a 1 mil, and now signed on to a 100 mill contract AGAIN

when the avg nig gets out of prison can't even get a job at walmart....lol and u nigs cheering for him! ha ha

i'm glad he got a chance to live his life in alll..but he's another athelete getting a contact...lol

and jeezy fan might be right...this might of been something philly should of (if they couldnt of) waited til like this season..because he could go bck to the old m.vick and philly still dont have an oline..

Truth dude was an avg QB in ATL..Philly hoping he played like last season only time will tell..he gotta stay healthy too.
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2011
  • ShencotheMC
    edited August 2011
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Yea, even with the guaranteed money, after taxes he should probably still owe some money is what espn is saying
  • ShencotheMC
    edited August 2011
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    shenco wrote: »

that's what I'm see them talking about now on espn.....it may be true
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Mike Vick uniting more black ppl than the NAACP out chea!

*walks up to greenwood*

You a real ass fan my nig. Keep up the good work

*goes back to hating greenwood/OU/ATL*
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    Mike Vick uniting more black ppl than the NAACP out chea!

*walks up to greenwood*

You a real ass fan my nig. Keep up the good work

*goes back to hating greenwood/OU/ATL*

This is the truth though.

I feel like the main reason ? flocked to the Eagles so hard was to get the chance to play with this ? .
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2011
    shenco wrote: »

wtf?

espn don't know ? then
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ghost! wrote: »

Naw ? is cheerin for him for 1) because we brothers stick together 2) This black man went through hell and made it out and still doing him with his back against the wall, the same thing when ? cheered for Muhammad Ali went he got out of the belly of the beast, and this ? happens every day in the black community, there are brother who are felons can not get a job but some how and some way he made something out of nothing by starting a company or something.

And we know that the Avg brother get out prison cant get a job, but i dont see you knockin on the doors of those companies and asking them to give them a chance, and he is another athlete with another contract but remember this, No team wanted to touch Vick, some even said that he needs to got to CFL, or if he wanted to play in the NFL he have to change postion and you know what Mike Vick said, he said ? YOU, Im a quaterback, the whiteman telling a black man to do something that he do not want to do, and the black man say ? you.

And the Old Mike Vick carried his team on his back for all those years, he had NO WEAPONS other then himself and went into Lambeau field and got a playoff victory
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    so ? is upset because we cheering for a real ? who got caught up and fell from the top, then climbed back up again? yall mad at that lol. that ? is commendable to me.
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2011
    Rey ? wrote: »
    so ? is upset because we cheering for a real ? who got caught up and fell from the top, then climbed back up again? yall mad at that lol. that ? is commendable to me.

word thats cooning
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited August 2011
    I'm not even going to try and be politically correct. Because when it all boils down; it's still a racial issue. A comparable situation would be the "black point guard" issue. PG was traditionally the intellectual man's position and as such only Caucasians were allowed to play the position. There was tremendous resistance to allowing black kids to play the position at both collegiate and pro levels. The fear; that the Black man would take over. Let's not put water in our mouths. It so happens that i'm black. But that fact does not change the reality that a successful black man makes the establishment nervous. Now one who is not only financially successful but seemingly intent on changing the way the position is played?

I have always thought it wrong to steer the so called "scrambling" QB from using his ? gifted ability. McNabb and Leftwich come to mind. Would you tell Lebron to not go down to the post because he's a SF? Or to not shoot jumpers because he should be down in the post? Fact is that you use your ? given ability within the confines of the game to WIN. I applaud Andy Reid for being progressive. With the speed and skill of defensive talent, coupled with the abilities of defensive backs, the pocket QB may soon be a thing of the past. Evolution is inevitable even in sport. Micheal Vick is the sign of what is to come and that above all things makes people uncomfortable. Micheal Jordon, Julius Irving, Deion Sanders spawned generations who have revolutionized sport. Who would have thought that you could build a team around an athletic wing and not a dominant center? The NBA is littered with centers way under 7 feet tall.

It's a Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird issue. Bird may have had the prettier stroke. Been the better shooter but there are millions of kids all over the world dribbling basketballs with their tongues out all wanting to be like one man. Change is inevitable folks. As much as you hate, pout and throw a fit; the game done changed. People are tired of the boring old pocket QB. Buck tradition.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    aijalon wrote: »
    I'm not even going to try and be politically correct. Because when it all boils down; it's still a racial issue. A comparable situation would be the "black point guard" issue. PG was traditionally the intellectual man's position and as such only Caucasians were allowed to play the position. There was tremendous resistance to allowing black kids to play the position at both collegiate and pro levels. The fear; that the Black man would take over. Let's not put water in our mouths. It so happens that i'm black. But that fact does not change the reality that a successful black man makes the establishment nervous. Now one who is not only financially successful but seemingly intent on changing the way the position is played?

I have always thought it wrong to steer the so called "scrambling" QB from using his ? gifted ability. McNabb and Leftwich come to mind. Would you tell Lebron to not go down to the post because he's a SF? Or to not shoot jumpers because he should be down in the post? Fact is that you use your ? given ability within the confines of the game to WIN. I applaud Andy Reid for being progressive. With the speed and skill of defensive talent, coupled with the abilities of defensive backs, the pocket QB may soon be a thing of the past. Evolution is inevitable even in sport. Micheal Vick is the sign of what is to come and that above all things makes people uncomfortable. Micheal Jordon, Julius Irving, Deion Sanders spawned generations who have revolutionized sport. Who would have thought that you could build a team around an athletic wing and not a dominant center? The NBA is littered with centers way under 7 feet tall.

It's a Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird issue. Bird may have had the prettier stroke. Been the better shooter but there are millions of kids all over the world dribbling basketballs with their tongues out all wanting to be like one man. Change is inevitable folks. As much as you hate, pout and throw a fit; the game done changed. People are tired of the boring old pocket QB. Buck tradition.

wrong

wrong

wrong

just wrong

but as for everything else you typed.

well

bwUar.gif
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    This ? Vick just had the biggest comeback in the history of sports lol
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Vick is the black american dream real ? ...first overall pick, sign for top qb money 100 milli, falls off goes to jail, goes bankrupt in the process, told he was gonna have to switch positions or wildcat qb only... says ? off gets out of jail, takes the white mans job that was literally given to him, signs for another 100 milli... that's big ? poppin!

haha, what the ? ?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    Naw ? is cheerin for him for 1) because we brothers stick together 2) This black man went through hell and made it out and still doing him with his back against the wall, the same thing when ? cheered for Muhammad Ali went he got out of the belly of the beast, and this ? happens every day in the black community, there are brother who are felons can not get a job but some how and some way he made something out of nothing by starting a company or something.

And we know that the Avg brother get out prison cant get a job, but i dont see you knockin on the doors of those companies and asking them to give them a chance, and he is another athlete with another contract but remember this, No team wanted to touch Vick, some even said that he needs to got to CFL, or if he wanted to play in the NFL he have to change postion and you know what Mike Vick said, he said ? YOU, Im a quaterback, the whiteman telling a black man to do something that he do not want to do, and the black man say ? you.

And the Old Mike Vick carried his team on his back for all those years, he had NO WEAPONS other then himself and went into Lambeau field and got a playoff victory

lets keep it in perpective though, and i know alot of katz on here quick to scream white man this and white man that...first off, Vicks issues was all on Vick...didnt anyone tell him to run a dog fighting ring, yeah no doubt, they dogged him out for it..BUT DIDNT ANYONE TELL HIM TO BREAK THE DAMN LAW...so if the media, judicial system made an example out of him..that's HIS FAULT! reality right there...

i never said i wasnt happy for him...but i find it funny on this site there's pages of pages a nigs cheering for him...LOOK THIS IS PROFESSIONAL SPORTS...these organization dont give a ? what happen to you..as long as you can still perform you are always gonna have a job. So again it's not like m.vick was never gonna get a chance again..cuz at the end of the day if "really that much nfl teams didnt give him a chance" there's always the raiders...

but really though...he was still gonna find a job, and him being a legit QB is still up in the ai (to me)r, we all just seen him do it for one year, he got his whole career to still prove he can QB...i've watched some of his preseason games..and they werent good...i know it's just preseason...but he looked like the old vick to me

again before some ? misinterprets what i'm saying...i am happy for him, and want him to succeed as a QB...but i aint going overboard cuz he's an athelete making money....

i'm just look at somethings from a diff. point of view.

and his situation is totally different then Ali's was.....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    haha, what the ? ?

Apparently this is what all black parents are supposed to hope for their children
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    Apparently this is what all black parents are supposed to hope for their children

haha ya man. Convicted felon, plead bankruptcy, was at one point the most hated person in his profession, fell off. That's not ANYONE's American Dream. The fact that there are so many other black success stories and this is chosen as the Black American Dream shows there is a problem.

People focusin on money too much. This dude still has to pay like $19 million to debt collectors, and he's not the richest black man in the world. Pick a new hero
  • ShencotheMC
    edited August 2011
    SMH@ looking like the old Vick. The old Vick didn't have this bad of an O-line. Word to that pass to Cooper in the first pre-season game being while he was on the run. If you give Vick a little time in the pocket he can do work
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It's good they put faith in Vick. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the Eagles will do. I just hope Vick can stay healthy. A running QB is very volatile.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    This is from the Chicagobears.com message boards:
    jbunch14 is not online. Last active: 08-30-2011, 10:42 PM jbunch14:
    I don't think Vick performs nearly so well this year, despite all of the "dream team" weapons.
    • Stapler2009:
    When I saw this news the first thing I thought was the Eagles are Insane in the membrane.
    I saw this show when it was called "Atlanta Falcons pay Vick way too much and later sue him to get some of it back".
    • Monster:
    He had a good year...

Then again... so did Mark Rippen once...

Time will tell...
    navy&orange:
    I thought and still do think the Bears Front Office is dumb...but the Eagles are now giving them a run for their money
    SAYERS5140:
    and he deserves every dime of it

ijustposthere:
    For one good season?

SAYERS5140:
    he's got tremendous speed, arm strength, and mobility. he threw for over 3000 yrds and had passer rating of 100.2 completed over 62 % of his passes and rushed for over 600 yrds, I'd say that makes him a pretty versatile QB and he did all that in only 12 games, not to mention he's the only QB the Eagles have that gives them best chance to win. it still remains to be seen if last season was a fluke or not though
    • me654:
    And Vick has?? Actually they have accomplished pretty much the same and Vick. Vick is overrated and is being figured out just like when he was in Atlanta...I have mentioned it many times on here. It is only a matter of time. Jay is twice the QB Vick is...was and with less "baggage" . Philly can have their $100m "street" QB I will take Jay ever time. LOL Vick is sooo overrated
    me654:
    ooooooh STATS....he must be a winner.....please. The guy is so overrated. Just wait. Do you not remeber Atlanta....the end of last year and into the playoffs it also began to show.
    Spartan:
    I think it was a fluke and Vick will start to resemble something closer to the Vick of old. You could see this at the tail end of last season. That rating of 100 is going back to the low 80's.
    • Doubledown:
    Even the sun shines on a dogs azs some days

I just remember Brian U. owning this dude when he was with the Falcons
    but good pay for ex Con
    Stapler2009:
    Time already did, it's called history. Vick is a loser, and he always has been.
    Talk about pizzin' money away. LMAO
    • me654:
    Agreed there...in the end though I believe Kolb will prove to be the best out of the two....overall, not talking running ability. I have just always thought it very strange the way ESPN and alike organizations find a need to indorse this guy...it has almost became political, "White Vick"....stick with sports is what I say, lets talk "production", not stats for fantasy junkies. He is like the Lady GaGa of the NFL.
    Ursus americanus:
    wow thats insane he played alright but not that good.
    Soothsayer:
    31 years old
    injury prone considering style
    epic showings of stupidity (dog fighting & knowingly spreading STDs)
    • Uncle Zeek:
    Gosh, do I ever feel stupid for keeping myself out of federal prison.
    • Spartan:
    I hear you. I should have gambled some more. I shouldn't have been so nice to my dog. I should have demanded he make me some money and act like his life depended on it.
    Uncle Zeek:
    LOL, no pre-teen will ever idolize you if you keep living that life.
    urankabashi:
    vick is an amazing football player
    • Stapler2009:
    And yet a complete failure as a human being.
    Vick is a loser, and he always has been. I'm so happy they paid him all that money. It's nice to know we don't have to worry about the eagles competing anytime soon. Dum dum dum...waste.
    And dogs have nothing to do with it; he's just a big fail.
    • Spartan:
    Good for the dog killer. Philly still won't win it all.