Internet people who THINK they know about gangs...

soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Social Lounge
are pathetic. I don't know a thing about what Jim Jones, Jay Rock, Game, Snoop, Wayne, Nipsey, Jeezy, etc do when they aren't on camera or in a vocal booth, nor do I really care. So why do you?

It kills me everytime to see someone say "New Orleans doesn't have gangs" or "there's no such thing as a New York Blood/Crip"... as if gang culture only exists in the state of California? American street gang culture didn't even originate in Cali. No I'm not bragging or claiming to be an expert on gang ? . I am, however, calling out those that do.

Please don't avoid this thread you faceless munkees.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Eastside MOB Piru Damu Im a blunt blowin polo draws showin

I dont give a lovely ? ass ? !

wayne-2011-mtv-vmas38.jpg
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    You are correct, American street gang culture did not originate in Cali, however, CRIPPING AND BLOODING did. So when you see someone like a Wayne that didnt get affiliated till he started paying protection fees you know its false and you tend not to respect that. Who starts gangbanging after age of 25? Lames. On the other hand, u got real gang members like Nippsey, Jayo Felony, Jay Rock , etc that was banging before they got into the industry.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    My brother's an OG blood. He's 30 and he don't even bang that ? anymore, but ? know his status. There are gangs in NY, very established at that, and I assume everywhere else too. ? gotta be stupid to think that ? in Cali aint gonna spread across the country. But you can't blame em tho, ? like Wayne and Game have ? up the culture. The books have been closed since 05 anyway.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011
    are pathetic. I don't know a thing about what Jim Jones, Jay Rock, Game, Snoop, Wayne, Nipsey, Jeezy, etc do when they aren't on camera or in a vocal booth, nor do I really care. So why do you?

It kills me everytime to see someone say "New Orleans doesn't have gangs" or "there's no such thing as a New York Blood/Crip"... as if gang culture only exists in the state of California? American street gang culture didn't even originate in Cali. No I'm not bragging or claiming to be an expert on gang ? . I am, however, calling out those that do.

Please don't avoid this thread you faceless munkees.

Call em out son...
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    you hardly see jeezy mention crip or anything in his songs . the ting bout wwayne is that his brother is part of the bloods same wit that ? marley g who always wit wayne and em .
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    My brother's an OG blood. He's 30 and he don't even bang that ? anymore, but ? know his status. There are gangs in NY, very established at that, and I assume everywhere else too. ? gotta be stupid to think that ? in Cali aint gonna spread across the country. But you can't blame em tho, ? like Wayne and Game have ? up the culture. The books have been closed since 05 anyway.
    I dig where you coming from but you in NYC where everything "starts" how'd they even let a Cali culture even make it over there? I'm just asking a ?, no diss
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited August 2011
    Cosign. People think they know everything without even experiencing ? .
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Whats wrong with entering a gang with 25.Italians get into the mafia whne they like 30 son.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    One thing about them (Jim Jones, Jay Rock, Game, Snoop, Wayne, Nipsey, Jeezy) I do know, i can whoop all of them ? one on one, but of course thats prolly part of the reason they re in a gang.

jay rock and nipsey are certified ive heard....id still whoop their ass though. nh
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

ny bloods started out of the prisons tho and it wasn't a og blood from cali that started the ?
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    ny bloods started out of the prisons tho and it wasn't a og blood from cali that started the ?

My brother was in Cali when he joined. I dunno about that other ? . I'm not a gang historian...
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    I dig where you coming from but you in NYC where everything "starts" how'd they even let a Cali culture even make it over there? I'm just asking a ?, no diss

LMAO @ your avi

To say NYC started gang culture would be stupid, we know what time it is. We're the mecca of Hip Hop, but anyone saying we start everything is an arrogant ? , word to KRS One.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Whats wrong with entering a gang with 25.Italians get into the mafia whne they like 30 son.

They dont come out of nowhere though...a lot of them come from famalies that have been made for generations or been puttin in work for certain families for years on years. Plus everybody in the mafia aint really IN the mafia they just work for them.
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    LMAO @ your avi

To say NYC started gang culture would be stupid, we know what time it is. We're the mecca of Hip Hop, but anyone saying we start everything is an arrogant ? , word to KRS One.

Who did then? Cause gangs were big when the immigrants arrived in ny gangs didnt start with crips and bloods yanno
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Who did then? Cause gangs were big when the immigrants arrived in ny gangs didnt start with crips and bloods yanno

To my knowledge (someone correct me if im wrong), the Crips started with former Black Panthers and other Chicago gangs. Again, I'm not a gang historian. Someone else can answer that better than I can, ask Wayne.
  • boss jay
    boss jay Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    LOL New Orleans did not have gangs...I got bookoo ? from the NO...older than me...and Im 23 and b4 my son, I stayed in the streets...u can ask Pastor Troy Coo Coo Cal...performed wit Troy n recorded wit Coo Coo in Mil-town..u can chk my FB u'll see all kinda friends from Da Mil...I be all over 4real..My son slowed me done, and cleaned my life up. I hate when people think just cuz you on the net dont mean u could have been in the streets. lol...But then try 2 turn n justify their fav rappers fake actions...lol..

I am What I am..and real ? know what I mean.
  • im_lux
    edited August 2011
    To my knowledge (someone correct me if im wrong), the Crips started with former Black Panthers and other Chicago gangs. Again, I'm not a gang historian. Someone else can answer that better than I can, ask Wayne.

lol gangs started wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before the 1960's, the 1800's is when street gangs started and it was in ny...cali and chicago just did it bigger and brought it into mainstream light
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited August 2011

Mafia and street gangs are almost like two different worlds. Its lame for a grown man to go join a gang, actually get put on a gang at 25+ years old.

In regard to cali gangs, lots of gangmembers start banging pre-teen.
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    gang banging is stupid even more stupid when half the gang bangers are rocking tight jeans and Holister shirts.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Eastside MOB Piru Damu Im a blunt blowin polo draws showin

I dont give a lovely ? ass ? !

wayne-2011-mtv-vmas38.jpg
    real bloods rock the skin tight leopard print spandex pants. belee dat!
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011
    Just cuz his pants are tight sdon't mean a ? won't rob or ? your ? ...
    Come to DC and judge niiggas by they jeans if you want...
  • boss jay
    edited August 2011
    LOL @ my NO didnt have gangs like that back then when Lil wayne was wearing blue...SMH it aint like I lied. Why you think everyone dissing them say the weren't screaming nothing when they met em. Never called em fake bloods b/c Mack 10 wuz signed to them, hence "its cash money blood" on Turk album, and that was during the split in 01..so since TBIH was in 99 what does that tell u? Yall live and die with yall fav. rappers Image. Yall need to listen to a real artist with a message with songs like

Growth and Development
    All My Life
    Obstacles
    etc.

Instead of everyone glorifying gangs and dont even know the purpose behind their names...SMH..I see now what a lot of the IC's population is now. A bunch of suburban kids that know nothing outside the PC.

I been on this site since 09 and got 156 posts..lol..so you do the math
  • boss jay
    edited August 2011

All black gangs and orgizations leaders started from Black Panthers. If you know the meaning of the names of the gangs and orginzations then you would know these things homie. But alot of people and rappers dont thats why you hear alot of teaching wrong messages in their music. That's how you know alot of em are not authenic. I bet alot the authenic ? yall know bump alot of UGK, Pac, Scarface, those type of artists. BC of the message in their music.

Gangs and orginzations were supposed to be about unity in the Black community no matter what you represented, because the Feds broke up the Black Panther
  • lact
    lact Members Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    Who cares? The only good thing gangs have ever done is give ignorant morons an excuse to do the world a favor for once and ? each other. And before any of you gimme some old ? about community or pride or some other tired argument..That ? been dead since the late 50's, now it's just dumb people killing other dumb people for the right to sell a third group of dumb people something to ? themselves with.
This discussion has been closed.