What happened to the "Stables" in wrestling??

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited September 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
When there was stables in wrestling, ? was GOAT.

From the Hart foundation, The Corporation, NWO, Nation of ? , DX, Four Horsemen, etc even to the more recent "Legacy" or whatever they were called with Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Dibiase.

Wrestling needs to bring that kinda ? back, it made things more interesting. They tried it with Nexus but after the first initial push with them destroying the ring area they dropped the ball with them.

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Creative can't make it work, look at Legacy and the Nexus where they built up only 1 of the members and the others were just there.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Creative can't make it work, look at Legacy and the Nexus where they built up only 1 of the members and the others were just there.

this........
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    smh @ you nt mentioning bWo
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nation of ? .

lol them ? are in the reason section of this board
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

This is it right here.
    For the life of me, I don't know why they didn't make Legacy like Evolution.
    Orton, DiBiase, Rhodes and they needed one more member.
    When they had the Legacy "qualify" matches, they got rid of Sim Snuka and Manu.
    I would have kept at least one of them so that Legacy could dominate The WWE Title, IC Title and Tag Titles.
    But they didn't do that, they had Rhodes and DiBiase help Orton win the WWE Title and not hold the tag belts.
    Hell Orton at times didn't act like he was apart of Legacy, he wouldn't wear the shirt that much.

I miss the great stables, I always loved seeing that in Wrestling.
    Evolution was probably the last great stable they had in WWE and in TNA Main Event Mafia and Fortune are two favorites.
    TNA had some good stables with MEM, Fortune, World Elite and LAX and WWE dropped the ball on The Nexus, The Corre and The New Nexus.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They went to TNA
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Stables these days are over rated.

Just as one person already said, the booking crew only focuses on one individual and the rest are blahhh.

With the way a majority of wrestlers are built up these days, stables aren't worth ? . I can't respect a stable of kats if I didn't respect them when they were rolling solo.
  • MillzOG
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Stables these days are over rated.

Just as one person already said, the booking crew only focuses on one individual and the rest are blahhh.

With the way a majority of wrestlers are built up these days, stables aren't worth ? . I can't respect a stable of kats if I didn't respect them when they were rolling solo.

but look at the Nation of ? for example (first one that popped in my head) Faroouq was the man, he was the leader...But Dlo Brown was in the european title discussion all the time, Kama was viewed kinda as a beast, the rock was built up in the intercontinental race and ? and then remember the time he was last in the rumble with Austin (austin won) the Rock was still part of Nation of ? . The only 1 that really got no respect was Mark Henry for some reason, but now look at him in the world heavyweight title discussion.

Theres way's to build up everybody, obviously not all for a World title run but they could have have some level of respect.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats the point of a stable when a ? like super cena gonna just destory them dolo
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I can see a heel stable of Mark Henry, the Uso's and R truth (his character need to stop the cooning and become serious) and have Layla as the diva manager
  • MillzOG
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats the point of a stable when a ? like super cena gonna just destory them dolo

lol yea that was disgusting....they built up the Nexus with that debut, only to let Cena dismantle them. Them ? had/have no respect, same with the New Nexus
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Clipboard210.jpg?t=1242196555

We are the Nation Live and in Color, Dont diss the man or we'll ? rush your mother. Listen what im sayin this forreal im not playing Farooq is the man so hit ya knees and start praying..? went HARD
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^ true stable are put together these days with no initiative or goal the last great stable was probably evolution....Im iffy about this new NWO that is being hinted at the last time the original NWO was in the WWF (nash, hogan and hall) The wwf ? that story line up...they should atleast bring back x-pac to run with nash though