Shawn Knowles Carter Jr breaks TWITTER Record

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
tumblr_lqo6i6wiAz1qahdn2o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lqo6i6wiAz1qahdn2o2_250.gif

Beyonce Reveals Pregnancy On VMA Stage and Breaks Twitter Record
After her performance, B reveals she and Jay-Z are expecting.

By Kelley L. Carter

After performing at the 2011 VMAs, Beyoncé Knowles unbuttoned her sparkly jacket and rubbed her belly -- announcing her pregnancy to the world. The camera then cut to Jay-Z and Kanye West in the audience and their over-the-top jubilant reaction. Married to Jay for three years, the star has said time and time again that she planned on having a baby by the time she was 30; well, B turns 30 early next month. The power couple tied the knot back in 2008 in a private ceremony at Jay-Z's New York apartment, and since then, there have been years of pregnancy rumors that they've shot down. In June, the singer told CNN interviewer Piers Morgan that she wanted to get pregnant.

"I feel like a woman. I feel like I'm very aware of who I am. I feel great and I feel like 30 is the ideal age [to start a family], because you're mature enough to know who you are and to have your boundaries and your standards, and not be afraid, too polite -- but you're young enough to be a young woman," she said. "I'm so looking forward to it." The singer added, "I always said I'd have a baby at 30. But I also said I'm going to retire at 30. ... Only ? knows." In that same interview, Beyoncé talked about her husband.

"Jay and I have kind of made a decision that we want to be known for our music and not our relationships or scandals. But he is amazing," she said. "I definitely had a very natural friendship and connection with him. We've been together for a very long time and I'm very happy. Love is the foundation of everything, everything I do. My music is inspired by love -- from my family, my husband, my sister." No word on when the baby is due.

While Hurricane Irene received about 3,000 tweets per second (tps) on Saturday, Beyonce’s pregnancy announcement broke all previous site records. Twitter confirmed the news by tweeting the info, "Last night at 10:35pm ET, Beyonce's big MTV #VMA moment gave Twitter a record bump: 8,868 Tweets per second." The news is officially the biggest event on Twitter – breaking the former winner, the Women’s World Cup at 7, 196 tweets per second and the news of Osama Bin Laden’s death at 5,106 tps. In case you were wondering if Twitter is a passing fad, think again. With more than 200 million users and 1 million registered Twitter apps, Twitter has grown significantly since the site launched five years ago. In January 2009, approximately 2 million tweets were sent per day. Today, Twitter users send about 200 million tweets per day.

So this is already the most famous unborn child of all time?, lol.

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    "if we had a daughter Guess what I'm a call her, Brooklyn Carter"
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol @ the article being written by a Carter
    Yo that baby already famous and it ain't even full y developed yet that goes to shown humanity's infaution with celebrities
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like the gif with jay and Ye cheesin'
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that kid already famous

? i lost
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pothead420 wrote: »
    Lol @ the article being written by a Carter
    Yo that baby already famous and it ain't even full y developed yet that goes to shown humanity's infaution with celebrities

Yeah I never understood that. Never understood why people care about that. It is what it is though people pay attention to celebrikids more than they do their own children.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea if you read the tweets women are all over this. I guess there's something about child birth that brings out this reaction. But the fact Jay and Beyonce are two of the biggest stars in the world makes it huge. So many women are tweeting, (Beyonce dated, got married, Then had a baby, take notes ladies), lol. I wonder if it's going to be a girl or boy. Something is telling me it's going to be a boy for sure. I know they can do things to make sure of the Baby Sex also. I'm sure it will be a boy and Jay will name it after him. But LOL @ the whole word twitting this. MTV is so happy, Beyonce and Jay saved the awards show and gave them their biggest ratings of all time. They could of announced it anywhere but by giving MTV that press everyone tuned in.
  • Niggas back
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ye reaction is priceless
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea if you read the tweets women are all over this. I guess there's something about child birth that brings out this reaction. But the fact Jay and Beyonce are two of the biggest stars in the world makes it huge. So many women are tweeting, (Beyonce dated, got married, Then had a baby, take notes ladies), lol. I wonder if it's going to be a girl or boy. Something is telling me it's going to be a boy for sure. I know they can do things to make sure of the Baby Sex also. I'm sure it will be a boy and Jay will name it after him. But LOL @ the whole word twitting this. MTV is so happy, Beyonce and Jay saved the awards show and gave them their biggest ratings of all time. They could of announced it anywhere but by giving MTV that press everyone tuned in.

im tired of seeing those tweets
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shame both cant sell more records than wayne
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    $10 say that baby gone have the most ? up name ever
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sorry junior, I already ruined ya
    ‘Cause you ain’t even alive, paparazzi pursuin’ ya
    Sins of a father make yo’ life ten times harder
    I just wanna take ya to a barber
    Bondin’ on charters, all the ? that I never did
    Teach ya good values, so you cherish it
    Took me 26 years to find my path
    My only job is cuttin’ the time in half
    So at 13 we’ll have our first drink together
    Black bar mitzvahs, mazel tov, mogul talk
    Look a man dead in his eyes
    So he know you talk truth when you speak it, give your word, keep it
    And if the day comes I only see him on the weekend
    I just pray we was in love on the night that we conceived him
    Promise to never leave him even if his mama tweakin’
    Cause my dad left me and I promise never repeat him
    Never repeat him, never repeat him

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

you try too hard
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options

LOL, why do you keep bringing up sales as if Beyonce and Jay Z haven't outsold Wayne's career 5x over? Career Sales > 1st Week Sales. Wayne will never have Jay Z or Beyonce Units.
  • Niggas back
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shame on waynilla, the kid gon make more money off his pics than waynilla did off C4
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    $10 say that baby gone have the most ? up name ever

Nope,

Boy: Sean Corey Carter II
    Girl: Brooklyn (Insert Beyonce Choice for Middle name) Carter

I don't see them pulling a Mariah and Nick and going exotic. But If it's a girl, I could see that name maybe being really different. But if it's a boy, it's a lock he will have Jay's name. That's Legacy right there.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    real talk i never seen jay so happy. i hope nothing happens to the baby,dude might off himself
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    "if we had a daughter Guess what I'm a call her, Brooklyn Carter"

edited August 2011
    Options
    before we start passing out congradulations blunts lets make sure Jay Z is the father. if you been supposedly EBRC for 11 years and failed this news should raise a red flag. he been in a castle sharing a bed with kanye recording watch the flop while she been at home or on tour. something dont add up. besides they only did this "announcement" for diversion of the wayne beef. smh jay z on some new jack city ? using kids as shields. too bad it failed. carter IV 900k. numbers dont lie. grandpa otis said so
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    real talk i never seen jay so happy. i hope nothing happens to the baby,dude might off himself

This is probably going to be the most spoiled baby ever. I wonder if it's a boy will Jay let him be friends with Knight?:

kelis-baby-photo.jpg

"My Dad's Ether is still better than your Dad's Takeover"

LOL. But I honestly think it was Beyonce that held off with Having Kids. Jay always wanted to be a Dad but you have to remember. They hooked up about 2002, started dating seriously around 2003-4. Then got married in 2008. When they originally hooked up Beyonce was just about to leave Destiny's Child and go solo. I'm sure she wanted to establish her solo career before she had kids. Jay career was already established when he met Beyonce.

Now that Beyonce has dropped her 4th Platinum album in a row, Jay was probably like "Enough is Enough", I'm sure the relationship was trouble too because of this. Remember, Brad Pitt left a younger Jennifer Aniston cause she was too busy worrying about her career when he wanted to have children. Beyonce final gave Jay want he has been asking for years. But something tells me this will be their only child which is why it will be spoiled as hell. This child will have the world at it's finger tips every day.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    before we start passing out congradulations blunts lets make sure Jay Z is the father. if you been supposedly EBRC for 11 years and failed this news should raise a red flag. he been in a castle sharing a bed with kanye recording watch the flop while she been at home or on tour. something dont add up. besides they only did this "announcement" for diversion of the wayne beef. smh jay z on some new jack city ? using kids as shields. too bad it failed. carter IV 900k. numbers dont lie. grandpa otis said so

Your right, Numbers don't Lie

Jay 50 Million Sold > Wayne 10 Million Sold
    Jay 12 #1 albums > Wayne 2* (*3 on the way)
    Jay 7 Multi-Platinum/16 Platinum albums > Wayne 1 Multi-Platinum/ 4 Platinum

Also Jay's Debut dropped in 96, Wayne in 99 so they aren't far off when their careers started and Jay's numbers are on another planet than Wayne. LOL @ dudes holding on to 1st week sales like Wayne will ever catch Jay. Jay will be Top 3 seller in Hip Hop History forever. Again Beyonce didn't want to have kids and mess up her solo career. Jay always wanted kids for day one. You make it like they have been trying and Jay ? wasn't working. Stop, it's clear Beyonce is a career driven woman, they wanted for her solo career to be established and now they are having kids. She's 29, he's 41. When they started dating, She was 21, he was 33.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nope,

Boy: Sean Corey Carter II
    Girl: Brooklyn (Insert Beyonce Choice for Middle name) Carter

I don't see them pulling a Mariah and Nick and going exotic. But If it's a girl, I could see that name maybe being really different. But if it's a boy, it's a lock he will have Jay's name. That's Legacy right there.

Jay gone name that baby Dehaven
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Your right, Numbers don't Lie

Jay 50 Million Sold > Wayne 10 Million Sold
    Jay 12 #1 albums > Wayne 2* (*3 on the way)
    Jay 7 Multi-Platinum/16 Platinum albums > Wayne 4

LOL @ dudes holding on to 1st week sales like Wayne will ever catch Jay. Jay will be Top 3 seller in Hip Hop History forever. Again Beyonce didn't want to have kids and mess up her solo career. Jay always wanted kids for day one. You make it like they have been trying and Jay ? wasn't working. Stop, it's clear Beyonce is a career driven woman, they wanted for her solo career to be established and now they are having kids. She's 29, he's 41. When they started dating, She was 21, he was 33.

nope. she's 29 and he's 47. dont matter. we all know thats the bodyguard baby she carrying. ? jay z. besides wayne outsold that fat ass coward in ya sig
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Jay gonna name the baby thesynthesis
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    nope. she's 29 and he's 47. dont matter. we all know thats the bodyguard baby she carrying. ? jay z. besides wayne outsold that fat ass coward in ya sig

False, Biggie has sold 30 Million albums Worldwide, roughly 20 Million domestic. Actually both artist in my Avi (NaS and Biggie) have Bigger albums sales than Wayne. His 1st week sales won't change the fact plenty of emcees have moved way more units than him over their careers. He is not in the upper echelon of Rap sellers when you look at the chart. ? , DMX has sold more albums than Wayne. As well as 50 Cent.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    False, Biggie has sold 30 Million albums Worldwide, roughly 20 Million domestic. Actually both artist in my Avi (NaS and Biggie) have Bigger albums sales than Wayne. His 1st week sales won't change the fact plenty of emcees have moved way more units than him over their careers. He is not in the upper echelon of Rap sellers when you look at the chart. ? , DMX has sold more albums than Wayne.

but this still dont change the fact that she carrying another ? baby tho. this has nothing to do with wayne selling double of 2 "upper echelon" ? as you put it. ? used that baby as pity fuel for his flopping ass wife and wtt. BACKFIRE. wayne plat in one week. jay z aint never sold this much in one week. wayne done it twice. nobody care about them old ass numbers. im talking about now. now bey is supposedly preggo with a bodyguard kid and now carter 4 has sold twice as wtt sold. kanye and jay are irrelevant compared to wayne