Periods, Commas, Question Marks.... Why tha ? can't you bytches use them?

geechee slim
geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Fellas too. But mainly women.

I mean no disrespect, but you know how ignorant your paragraphs look without quotations and punctuations? It's unattractive as ? . For example:

Must Let People Make Day Own Mistakes And UMust Let People Once Dey Make Those Mistakes 2Learn From Them "On Their Own" Ah Real Fran Will Give uAdvice &Respect That The Person Gon Do Wha "THEY" Want 2Do At The End Of The Day... Once They Realize What They Did Wrong Ah Real Fran Wont Say "I Told uSo" Ah Real Fran Ah Back You Up No Matta Wha Ya Do Til You Get Em Right...Rememba, Be Slow To Speak And Quick To Listen When Ya Point Da Finga Always Know You Got 3More Pointin Back At Chu
---One of my facebook friends.

How is it people grow to be over 18, can upload a video and even set a DVR, even have kids of their own, but can't notice those three buttons under the "L" key on your keyboard? FINE women sending me text messages that I can't read.

PLEASE, black people, I'm begging you. I know you wanna be hood/urban, but for the sake of lookin' ignant? Am I trippin? What're your thoughts?

Comments

• frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    They probably don't realize that their leisure activities involving writing are being critiqued by a college English professor. So you might be trippin' sir. Hope all of that was grammatically correct. A+
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    frostyicy wrote: »
    They probably don't realize that their leisure activities involving writing are being critiqued by a college English professor. So you might be trippin' sir. Hope all of that was grammatically correct. A+

Aight, maybe Im trippin. But it's a big turn-off and a big pet peeve of mine.
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i guess people type how they talk.
    and you know some people dont pause between sentences when they speak, they just run 'em all together.
    but i feel you. it aint gotta be english paper perfect, but you do lose comprehension (and credibility) when you type like that example up there.

and some ? just dont care
  • frostyicy
    edited August 2011
    Aight, maybe Im trippin. But it's a big turn-off and a big pet peeve of mine.

Its no different than when ? hangin, shootin ball, or whatever and talking broken ass English and yet they are the captain of the debate team, and speak like damn scholars. Now for people who really don't know any better its sad for them.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i get enough of that in english class

im chillin ? that
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    nUkkA i aInt GittiN no daYum gradez 4 dez pOsts

iMa do eM HoW Iz b wantinG 2

faH rEEulZ
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Most people don't care enough about the grammar police.

33e387m.jpg
  • frostyicy
    edited August 2011
    I tink dis can go dwn as a thread fail......LOL.
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    frostyicy wrote: »
    Now for people who really don't know any better its sad for them.
    But is it really that easy to forget everything your English teacher said since first grade through high school?
    Stuff like that makes me wish facebook was on paper. I wanna see your ratched-ass English written in your ratched-ass handwriting.
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    nUkkA i aInt GittiN no daYum gradez 4 dez pOsts

iMa do eM HoW Iz b wantinG 2

faH rEEulZ

OK, that ? actually was funny.
    But coming from a beautiful woman? You can't tell me that don't turn you off just a lil bit.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    0nly 7h1n6 1 d0n7 ? w17h 15 c4p174l1z4710n m057 71m35. 8u7 p31210d5 4nd c0mm45 1 ? w17h, y4 d16?
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011
    Punctuation police and ? ...That's not hip hop
    How do you sound son?
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited August 2011
    ? that! I hate a dumb woman and if you type like that, you're dumb. It's not hard for me to type correctly. I have to actually think about how to ? up a sentence. Doing it right is natural and should be for everybody. If it's not, then ? you!
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    CapitalC wrote: »
    Punctuation police and ? ...That's not hip hop
    How do you sound son?

But look at how you sound. You sound correct, and I actually know what the ? you're talking about. I don't have to squint at my screen to translate. It's bigger than hip-hop, feel me?
    It's not hard for me to type correctly. I have to actually think about how to ? up a sentence.

THANK YOU! At least one ? can see where I'm getting out. You can talk slang or whatever, just separate your sentences.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    I get what the T/S is saying...it's the same as being annoyed by using shorthand too much in a conversation...
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    **original post delete**

Why is it no ladies have responded to this?
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Agreed.

It doesn't take long to properly spell and punctuate your thoughts.

Major points for guys that do so...
  • Africa United
    Africa United Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I agree with the thread starter. You have to be really special to ? up so much in a single sentence, but being ignorant is considered cool nowadays.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I can't stand it either. I can try and decipher what their point is because I know I make grammatical errors all the time, but this one guy lost a lot points when he texted me one of the most jumbled and misspelled text messages I had ever seen.
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2011

But look at how you sound. You sound correct, and I actually know what the ? you're talking about. I don't have to squint at my screen to translate. It's bigger than hip-hop, feel me?

THANK YOU! At least one ? can see where I'm getting out. You can talk slang or whatever, just separate your sentences.

Ohh I get it...
    yea like son said when you type like that ? who hate whites and loves ross(can't remember his name)...that ? is egregious
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Fellas too. But mainly women.

I mean no disrespect, but you know how ignorant your paragraphs look without quotations and punctuations? It's unattractive as ? . For example:

Must Let People Make Day Own Mistakes And UMust Let People Once Dey Make Those Mistakes 2Learn From Them "On Their Own" Ah Real Fran Will Give uAdvice &Respect That The Person Gon Do Wha "THEY" Want 2Do At The End Of The Day... Once They Realize What They Did Wrong Ah Real Fran Wont Say "I Told uSo" Ah Real Fran Ah Back You Up No Matta Wha Ya Do Til You Get Em Right...Rememba, Be Slow To Speak And Quick To Listen When Ya Point Da Finga Always Know You Got 3More Pointin Back At Chu
    ---One of my facebook friends.

How is it people grow to be over 18, can upload a video and even set a DVR, even have kids of their own, but can't notice those three buttons under the "L" key on your keyboard? FINE women sending me text messages that I can't read.

PLEASE, black people, I'm begging you. I know you wanna be hood/urban, but for the sake of lookin' ignant? Am I trippin? What're your thoughts?

>using capitals unncessacryily
    >?
    >bytches

lol
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yes but my keyboard is on portuguese and english I gotta hit ctrl plus alt and backspace to switch to question mark.I love ya but ? ALL THAT ? .
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    >using capitals unncessacryily
    >?
    >bytches

lol

I'd rather call ? bytches. And I don't like cursing in the thread title. But that's just me. Here's another ratched-ass facebook post:
    ALWAYS LISTEN 2 UR HEART EVEN THOUGH ITS ON YOUR LEFT SIDE ITS ALWAYS RIGHT
    It's not bad enough its in all caps?
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I'd rather call ? bytches. And I don't like cursing in the thread title. But that's just me. Here's another ratched-ass facebook post:

It's not bad enough its in all caps?

Plus her statement is wrong. The bible clearly states the heart is treacherous.
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    What're isn't a contraction so it's a mistake.
    "can upload a video and even set a DVR" two separate events in a series therefore a comma was needed.

C'mon my nigg, seriously? Stay focused, Gangster. You're missing the BIG picture for the little things. But then again....
    ckalokoh wrote: »
    ... but being ignorant is considered cool nowadays.
    ...but this one guy lost a lot points when he texted me one of the most jumbled and misspelled text messages I had ever seen.

See? This is the meat-and-bones of what I'm getting at.
    Talk slang, type english.