Tired of seein so many of you callin new ? "instant classic"

AboveTheClouds.
AboveTheClouds. Members Posts: 151
edited August 2011 in The Reason
There has not been a classic album dropped in 2011 by a mainstream artist. Y'all need to stop ? wIth the garbage ? is droppin. Too many fckin stans on here.

Comments

• cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    that word "classic" don't even exist in hip hop nomore...it's become too diverse and too hypocritical at the same time...so ? it lol
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    this thread is an instant classic
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    there hasn't been a classic album dropped in 2011 because IT'S STILL 2011
    classical music wasn't classical music when it first hit the scene, ?
    it was just music
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    that word "classic" don't even exist in hip hop nomore...it's become too diverse and too hypocritical at the same time...so ? it lol

c/s the word classic died after the college dropout
  • stealthbomber
    edited August 2011
    there hasn't been a classic album dropped in 2011 because IT'S STILL 2011
    classical music wasn't classical music when it first hit the scene, ?
    it was just music

but u know when somethings great and not ? has been great or is expected to be great this year. when ready to die dropped im sure ? was buying up phillies and 40s out the liquor store and partying (not that i was there). now we got wayne dropping a album and goin on mtv with leopard print pants for promotion.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    but u know when somethings great and not ? has been great or is expected to be great this year. when ready to die dropped im sure ? was buying up phillies and 40s out the liquor store and partying (not that i was there). now we got wayne dropping a album and goin on mtv with leopard print pants for promotion.

ok, think about this
    remember the crunk music era?
    remember how you felt during that era?
    now put that era up against this one
    which one would you feel is better?
    things get better with time
  • birdcallaveli
    edited August 2011

i killed 3 40oz and a box of swishers while chilling with my boys and bumping c4 on monday after i bought it.
  • stealthbomber
    edited August 2011
    ok, think about this

yeah it is, but ? still aint at the level of music that was in the 90s. to be honest its really the internet that ? ? up and i dont think rap will ever get back to how it was. back in the day you had to have talent and get signed by a label, through a demo tape. and if they didnt have successful albums there ass would get dropped, thats why music was so competitive and good. now any ? who gotta laptop can record some ? and put it online as a mixtape. and some of these ? actually get signed cuz they just keep doing it until they get noticed like odd future ? did. some of em are good, but 95% are straight boo boo. so until the internet shuts off rap will never get back to how it was.
  • Gangsta Shit
    Gangsta Shit Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    1.jpg
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    smh at people not knowing a classic when they hear it.
  • stealthbomber
    edited August 2011
    i killed 3 40oz and a box of swishers while chilling with my boys and bumping c4 on monday after i bought it.

sure "chilling with the boys" prolly rolled sat at the computer playing it really low so your parents didnt hear the cussing and then rolled a skimp ass joint and smoked it outside when they went to bed ? ass ? .
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011

4loks>>>>>>>40oz

and c/s this thread. .
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ok, think about this

Crunk music sucked ? , it's just then we had dope ? coming out to balance it out. Now it's just consistent wackness. Even the ones we look to to drop dope music (Jay, Lupe, Wayne) is dropping subpar ? . The last classic to drop was Food and Liquor IMO. Maybe some albums from beyond then might get better in time and become classics (AG, C3, Untitled, MBDTF), but as of the past year, I don't see ANYTHING becoming a classic.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Gangsta ? wrote: »
    1.jpg

She's gonna be disappointed.

Life is a ? ...
  • birdcallaveli
    edited August 2011
    sure "chilling with the boys" prolly rolled sat at the computer playing it really low so your parents didnt hear the cussing and then rolled a skimp ass joint and smoked it outside when they went to bed ? ass ? .

yeah, maybe when i was 12.
  • birdcallaveli
    edited August 2011
    4loks>>>>>>>40oz

and c/s this thread. .

have you tried the colt 45 blast yet? i ? with 4loko, but blast is even better.
  • HipHopFiend91
    edited August 2011
    have you tried the colt 45 blast yet? i ? with 4loko, but blast is even better.

nah lol it that ? legit or what.
  • HipHopFiend91
    edited August 2011
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Crunk music sucked ? , it's just then we had dope ? coming out to balance it out. Now it's just consistent wackness. Even the ones we look to to drop dope music (Jay, Lupe, Wayne) is dropping subpar ? . The last classic to drop was Food and Liquor IMO. Maybe some albums from beyond then might get better in time and become classics (AG, C3, Untitled, MBDTF), but as of the past year, I don't see ANYTHING becoming a classic.

i'd rather have crunk over this swag movement.
  • birdcallaveli
    edited August 2011
    nah lol it that ? legit or what.

yeah bruh, that ? is banging. its 12% alcohol just like 4loko, but i think it tastes better. i recommend the strawberry lemonade.
  • HipHopFiend91
    edited August 2011
    yeah bruh, that ? is banging. its 12% alcohol just like 4loko, but i think it tastes better. i recommend the strawberry lemonade.

yeah i'll be on look out for that.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Lol I thought bout this same ? earlier

This new age of hip hop will never be classic just for the simple fact, they not rapping about anything important. ? is all play
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    thewave19 wrote: »
    Lol I thought bout this same ? earlier

This new age of hip hop will never be classic just for the simple fact, they not rapping about anything important. ? is all play

so reasonable doubt, life after death, or get rich or die trying was all about important ? ?
  • AboveTheClouds.
    AboveTheClouds. Members Posts: 151
    edited August 2011
    Most recent album that comes close to classic is kid cudi debut album
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Most recent album that comes close to classic is kid cudi debut album

kid cudi bruh? really?
    read ur own post out loud and then post the results
  • stealthbomber
    edited August 2011
    so reasonable doubt, life after death, or get rich or die trying was all about important ? ?

they werent about anything important but they told interesting stories from a perspective that people hadnt heard before. and the beats were dope as ? .