Is Kelly Rowland pulling a Monifah By sexing Up Her Image!

booty-gif-dot-com
booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
If you remember Monifah a 90's R&B female vocalist that had her first hit in 1995 on Uptown with I MISS YOU. a sexy but romantic PG image. By 1998 her star was already fading and she released the sexually explicit TOUCH IT in 1998!which includes the lyrics "do you really wanna touch it/do you really want to ? with me tonight?" Yep sex sells when Kelly Came out in 2011 upping the sexiness to a play by play instructional on how to make her have an orgasm i was thinking is she trying tooooo hard to sell some records?? and it made me think of Monifah..

what do you think!

KELLY ROWLAND - MOTIVATION 2011

MONIFAH - TOUCH IT 1998
For the radio version in the video. "? " was edited but you get the idea!

Comments

• TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It's what I've been saying all along. Appearing naked on magazine covers and album covers and the whole album is nothing but sex related. lol Kelly is trying to hard. Now the music is pushed to the back burner.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    she bought herself some new ? , yes she admitted she got implants, and decided to show them off...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kelly is unfortunately one of the artists, that the label "doesn't know what to do with." She needs to go "diva" drop her whole team, and get Be, Hova, and Be's daddy in a marketing and strategy session so she can reach her potential. It should've taken her to the "Motivation", single to get a good song.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Things I do to miss Rowland....her music aight but she fine...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I think so..That alternative thing didnt work so now she gotta start stripping for sales & attention.

*shrugs*
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited September 2011
    Yes she has, and I don't care why. She's hot.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    That ? is no Monifah.....that's for DAMN SURE!!!
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    She's very talented so she shouldn't have to do all that mess, but everything she does she is unfairly compared to Beyonce. So I guess she has to show some ass just to get some attention.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    No one wants to say what it is, Kelly Rowland just isn't a superstar and have that certain thing so they blame Beyonce for all her struggle imo. Truth of the matter is not everyone is Bobby Brown in the group, and someone has to be Ronnie Romance.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Beyonce wasn't no nun. That's what they all do.

Janet did it, Madonna pretty much started it, Britney does it, beyonce, Keri hilson, Christina etc...

Even the men do it. That's a part of being a pop artist.

The only wholesome one is Taylor Swift but she makes fairy tale music that little princesses can relate to. Once her stardom dies down, she'll cross over too.

Lady gaga is a freak so even if she's not selling sex, she's selling something demonic.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

Janet did it, Madonna pretty much started it, Britney does it, beyonce, Keri hilson, Christina etc...

The only wholesome one is Taylor Swift but she makes fairy tale music that little princesses can relate to. Once her stardom dies down, she'll cross over too.

Lady gaga is a freak so even if she's not selling sex, she's selling something demonic.

Ciara did it too
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    No one wants to say what it is, Kelly Rowland just isn't a superstar and have that certain thing so they blame Beyonce for all her struggle imo. Truth of the matter is not everyone is Bobby Brown in the group, and someone has to be Ronnie Romance.

that's real ? right there. She just isn't a superstar no matter how hard folks want her to be.

Exactly J Lo was doing it aswell. sex sells
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ciara did it too

I forgot Ciara, but yeah she does it too. Some become superstars from it while others look like wannabes...

Eta: @lamont, yep I forgot j. Lo..

We could probably name every female pop artist and they all pretty much sell sex.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2011
    Yea she really has gon the shOw them route.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    edited September 2011
    thanks for the feedback i was wondering if i was the only one feeling this way and im not alone. but hey if she gonna sell the SEXUAL KELLY i cant front shes looking good at 30 the 15 year old Kelly was so tiny. i thought she would never fill out!

tumblr_lqz82cfxh01qdqqiao1_500.jpg

kelly-rowland-at-17.jpg
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited September 2011
    Kelly is unfortunately one of the artists, that the label "doesn't know what to do with." She needs to go "diva" drop her whole team, and get Be, Hova, and Be's daddy in a marketing and strategy session so she can reach her potential. It should've taken her to the "Motivation", single to get a good song.

i disagree with you, going back to her old team is what was hurting her in the first place because the minute she left that management, now she finally has a hit single. dissassociating herself from them is the best thing for her career.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Yamoley wrote: »
    That ? is no Monifah.....that's for DAMN SURE!!!

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    All the new R & B chick has went through the sexy/? /freak stage..Keri Hilson as well.

It all started with Madonna though...
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    edited September 2011
    you make it sound like EVERY female Artist has make Provocative songs and dress like a ? to sell records and its not true!

ALICIA KEYS
    keeps her clothes on, sings uplifting music, has murdered the pop charts. 3 #1 pop hits (Fallin, My Boo, No One) and 4 Million selling albums and mad grammys and respect

WHITNEY HOUSTON
    Her personal life is a wreck but her music has always been classy from the beginning. Not using Sex to Sell!

Esperanza Spalding
    Jazz bass player Virtuoso. Beat out Drake, Justin Beiber, to win the Grammy for BEST NEW ARTIST. its all about the music with her!

• -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    you make it sound like EVERY female Artist has make Provocative songs and dress like a ? to sell records and its not true!

ALICIA KEYS
    keeps her clothes on, sings uplifting music, has murdered the pop charts. 3 #1 pop hits (Fallin, My Boo, No One) and 4 Million selling albums and mad grammys and respect

WHITNEY HOUSTON
    Her personal life is a wreck but her music has always been classy from the beginning. Not using Sex to Sell!

Esperanza Spalding
    Jazz bass player Virtuoso. Beat out Drake, Justin Beiber, to win the Grammy for BEST NEW ARTIST. its all about the music with her!

quality post

and you also shouldn't forget that sex sells when it comes to media attention but it definitely doesn't sell records. how many artists really increased their sales through sex? not that many honestly, especially female singers since young girls don't want to hear you sing about a ? ? you hard or some other freak ? . ask keri or ciara.

you better get new songwriters, producers,managers etc. or better yet change your profession cause i don't see the 2 named goin anywhere with their careers