lol @ Kendrick Lamar takin Bishop Lamont's spot as the West Coast Savior

Options
PLASTIC RULES
PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Reason
West coast was sayin Bishop Lamont had next then Kendrick dropped one mixtape and is suddenly heralded as the next West Coast Messiah.

These West Coast buffoons can't seem to make up their minds as to who they want to carry the torch, most of them are trend-jumping media stooges.

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rass Kass, Xzibit, Crooked I, Game also were hailed as saviors as one point in time...
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they just need people to do they job , rappers gotta make good music and producer have to work in a timely manner
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess ? settled for Bishop at the time even tho Game was doing fine, but they turned their back on him cuz of the 50 thing. Bishop was always mediocre to me, I only liked a few of his songs. Crooked>>>>>>>>>>both of them anyway, Crooked just needs better songs.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Section 80 goes hard tho....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

i thought is was kinda mediocre. The production didn't move me. but lamar is a good artists
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i thought is was kinda mediocre. The production didn't move me. but lamar is a good artists

yeah dude need to get his vocals together and just the production value needs to be better but he can rap but savior no
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yeah dude need to get his vocals together and just the production value needs to be better but he can rap but savior no

true and we gotta let these dudes breath. wasn't bishop lamont and glasses malone the new west just 2 years ago. Then it was nipsey. Let the dudes come out with some consistent good work before we start calling them the savior. Plus one artists will never be teh savior. You gonna need 3/4 guys dropping hot albums in a relatively close time span.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like lama I think he got next if he keeps on spitting that hard ? and dont go pop.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

really?... I think it's one of the best projects to come out this year in any genre... the production was great, very good... even Pharrell is been noted praising the production on his project
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    really?... I think it's one of the best projects to come out this year in any genre... the production was great, very good... even Pharrell is been noted praising the production on his project

Los Angeles .............
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Los Angeles .............

huh?... I hope you are not implying I have a bias opinion cause I don't care what region an artist is from good music is good music...
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    huh?... I hope you are not implying I have a bias opinion cause I don't care what region an artist is from good music is good music...

thats exactly what i'm implying
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love Kendrick, bishop lamont was really dope to me also, i wish him and aftermath worked out.
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    Options

nvm no need to even argue with you you're an idiot... bye
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Rass Kass, Xzibit, Crooked I, Game also were hailed as saviors as one point in time...

Rass kass was never hailed anything lol i'm not saying he sucks because he can spit but being from the west he was never looked at like that. out of that list Game was the last one to give the west a push when he dropped Documentary
  • Ekscape
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's dumb to don anyone the savior or anything... why even give someone that pressure, expectations, or title... just let the man make good music, that ? hurts artist more then helps
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you not from the west you sound dumb speaking on the west....
  • TimSanchez
    TimSanchez Members Posts: 162
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think "savior" is too strong of a word to give to anybody .... and personally, I don't know anybody out here who's calling him exactly that. I know that he's had the torch passed to him by the Vets but that's a different story.

Lamar is a tremendous talent and I've seen him develop from his days as K.Dot ... he's a good kid ...
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

I'm from Atlanta and thk section 80 was dope as hell
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nvm no need to even argue with you you're an idiot... bye

dude ur an idiot ? wasnt even that dope
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kendrick is dope!

(Although in that song "Hii-power" he sounds like Kanye to me)

West Coast still got Snoop, Game so they'll be aiight! Buzz is still cool out west.

Peace
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Never been a fan of BL. But KL is definitely the next generation of West Coast artists.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    West coast was sayin Bishop Lamont had next then Kendrick dropped one mixtape and is suddenly heralded as the next West Coast Messiah.

These West Coast buffoons can't seem to make up their minds as to who they want to carry the torch, most of them are trend-jumping media stooges.

I never was Feeling Bishop Lamont, he just lacked something to me notw Kendrick, Nipsey and Jay Rock are all another matter. Besides Bishop Hung himself Going at Cube and the old Vanguard from the West....
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I thought Section80 was dope as well

He need to work onsome of his hooks but other than that eh a great rapper
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

One of the top albums of the yeAr