Post up an album that you still listen to regularly since you first heard it.

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    CeZr wrote: »
    Preciate to ya'll kat's, ya'll put me on to some dope albums, Im bumping the O.C. Jewelz joint right now, slick joint!

Thank YOU for listening to real hip hop music!

ghettopoplife.jpg?w=450

Also this album. Danger Mouse when he was a fresh unknown producer, now hes a grammy nominated producer with more genres of music under his belt. if you havent heard this album you NEED to. Jemini. Dope emcee but this is the only thing ive ever heard from him. wish he would have got big!
  • Idoitforhiphop
    Idoitforhiphop Members Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Game Documentary. We had a hurricane down in Florida when I first got it, and it was the only new album I had so that was all I listened to with whatever batteries I had in my walkman until the power came back.

For two weeks.

AKA, I unfortunately have every song memorized.
  • CeZr
    CeZr Members Posts: 23
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

ghettopoplife.jpg?w=450

Also this album. Danger Mouse when he was a fresh unknown producer, now hes a grammy nominated producer with more genres of music under his belt. if you havent heard this album you NEED to. Jemini. Dope emcee but this is the only thing ive ever heard from him. wish he would have got big!

I have to to check that 1 out, I first heard of Danger Mouse through this banger....

dangerDoom.jpg
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

ghettopoplife.jpg?w=450

Great album, IMO Jemini had a lot to offer as an Emcee. He really held it down with such heavy beats handed to him; it was a lot to conquer and I think he definitely succeeded. Used to play this whilst washing dishes at Uni with a 1st gen Nano in my pocket lol. Great album :tu
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Celph-Titled-Buckwild-%25E2%2580%2593-Nineteen-Ninety-Now.jpg

This album also. I was never a huge fan of celph. Loved Buckwilds production. when i first heard about this album being made i decided to give it a chance since its classic buckwild beats from the 90s but this was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than i expected. Celph showed skills that i never seen from him before on this album. i always thought he was like most of the other Jedi Mind Trick associates just an angry yelling white guy but he shows some skill here with metaphors and wordplay, and i was shocked at how well his flow and voice complimented Buckwilds production. it was like this album was made back in 96 but got remastered. its just dope all the way thru.

and i love the skits at the end of the songs where celph is talking to his mom about how bad ass and unstable he is. its hilarious.
  • statusjunk
    statusjunk Members Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Xrin Arms - Human Hallucinogen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Mf52sRwSM

Listened non stop as a fan as well as my remix of it and still not tired of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70pDOqN4l70 <-- my mix of the same track
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Q+Tip+-+Renaissance+-+Rapidshare+Download.jpg

. .

as soon as I get settled in, I HAVE TO GET THIS ALBUM!

Anyways I have alot that gets spins regularly, but more recently this:

crown-city-rockers-the-day-after-forever-album-cover.png
    http://www.crowncityrockers-thedayafterforever.com/
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    as soon as I get settled in, I HAVE TO GET THIS ALBUM!

Anyways I have alot that gets spins regularly, but more recently this:

crown-city-rockers-the-day-after-forever-album-cover.png
    http://www.crowncityrockers-thedayafterforever.com/

very slept on bay area act. i saw them live at a record store back home in the bay some years ago. havent had a chance to check this new album out yet but i will
  • traestar
    edited October 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    very slept on bay area act. i saw them live at a record store back home in the bay some years ago. havent had a chance to check this new album out yet but i will

MAAANNNNNN, you better cop this (I'm just now listening to Forever Song)...the look and feel of this album is just unbelievable to me, very rare you get a combo hip hop/ jazz/ funk like this! I pop CDs in my player as I go to sleep, this has been in for like two weeks now!!
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Blackalicious: Blazing Arrow
    Brother Ali: Undisputed Truth...and any of his albums actually.
    Public Enemy- Fear of a Black Planet
    Illus- For Adam
    J-Live- SPTA
    KRS and Bumpy Knuckles- Royalty Check
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That Q tip album is classic as well.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Travelatyourownpace.jpg

Damu is a DOPE producer if you guys havent heard him. this album Definitely needs to be peeped by all.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Travelatyourownpace.jpg

Damu is a DOPE producer if you guys havent heard him. this album Definitely needs to be peeped by all.

Great album I can co-sign, copped it a few months back but had it since its release, had to get the physical copy though; which probably puts it as a 4/5 album for me.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah one of the few necro releases i like. I liked I Need Drugs also. Gory Days was straight. havent heard his new stuff tho. hes a great producer.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Az_doe_or_die.JPG

AZ - Doe or Die

Caught myself listening to this again! i dont skip a single track on this album. real dope.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Az_doe_or_die.JPG

AZ - Doe or Die

Caught myself listening to this again! i dont skip a single track on this album. real dope.

Im gonna shock you..... Never liked this, heard so many great things about Doe or Die but besides a few songs (Mo Money, Rather unique), it has no replay value and just trys to be Illmatic...

I prefer AWOL if im honest.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Im gonna shock you..... Never liked this, heard so many great things about Doe or Die but besides a few songs (Mo Money, Rather unique), it has no replay value and just trys to be Illmatic...

I prefer AWOL if im honest.

^ Deleted off my friends list post.

Jk. When i got this album i was listening to Illmatic a lot. so much that it felt like Doe or die and Illmatic was just 1 double disc album by 2 different rappers haha. I loved AWOL as well but every track on DoD was just superb i love AZ's flow. I think my second fave AZ album was Aziatic. Heard that one?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ENTRAPMENT-COVER-e1281649584158.jpg

Love this album too. Heard it when it came out, loved it. I just love that justus league vibe.
  • traestar
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Had to bump this and give you another album that I listen to on the regular.
    Well actually I make it a summer tradition:

1222845319_johnny-five-summer.jpg
    501009968_tp.jpg

This album is dope!!
    And Johnny Five (he goes by J-Five now) is really classified as a one hit wonder in the underground hip hop realm.
    But this album I loved, front to back!

The song Call Response I believe should be on the list for songs in hip hop history, great single, however you wouldn't find that online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWCzXR_Hxd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FongIkwzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAav9PpnRg
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blueprint, It Was Written, Diplomatic Immunity, S. Carter Mixtape, Life After Death
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Had to bump this and give you another album that I listen to on the regular.
    Well actually I make it a summer tradition:

1222845319_johnny-five-summer.jpg

This album is dope!!
    And Johnny Five (he goes by J-Five now) is really classified as a one hit wonder in the underground hip hop realm.
    But this album I loved, front to back!

The song Call Response I believe should be on the list for songs in hip hop history, great single, however you wouldn't find that online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWCzXR_Hxd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FongIkwzU

Hey! that ? pretty dope man thanks im gonna look for that album. I remember seeing that on a blog once but i thought it was some old record lol.
  • traestar
    Options

Damn I have to keep reminding myself to get this album!