You will forever be my composer,
I want nothing more to keep you screwed to that wall,
I know you’ll be devastated the day I unwind and fall,
My light runs out and I fall into the creators hands,
All you can do is spectate from the stands,
They can try to replace me but it wont be the same,
This is love.

Stupot0607

This poem above is a love poem from a lightbulb to a lightswitch.

Im putting foreword to WTE a poetry challenge, to write a series of Love poems from one physical object to a relevant physical object.

For instance - Ipod to Headphones, Trainers to socks, Pencils to Pencil sharpeners... Even if you could try write a poem from one random object to another totally random object.

Mods if this thread is a success please could you sticky this !?

Hope you enjoyed the poem!

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Stupot, another great poem from you!! I really enjoyed it, it's a great concept and the twist was really nice at the end given that I didn't know the premise of the poem…

I’ll always hover above I promise,
    Be your eyes even in this darkness,

Great two lines, the whole poem in many ways is hilarious too given the premise, I really enjoyed it… 'don't unscrew me creator or the switch will electrocute ya!' lol.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Stupot, another great poem from you!! I really enjoyed it, it's a great concept and the twist was really nice at the end given that I didn't know the premise of the poem…

I’ll always hover above I promise,
    Be your eyes even in this darkness,

Great two lines, the whole poem in many ways is hilarious too given the premise, I really enjoyed it… 'don't unscrew me creator or the switch will electrocute ya!' lol.

Thanks Draft, Glad you enjoyed it.....

You just come up with "Dont unscrew me creator or the switch will electrocute ya!"? ....... Cause thats well impressive haha

Yeah man, i was just having fun with it... I REALLY didnt want to put "you turn me on" anywhere in this poem, just cause........ its too simple! haha. But i felt it had to be done...
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Thanks Draft, Glad you enjoyed it.....

You just come up with "Dont unscrew me creator or the switch will electrocute ya!"? ....... Cause thats well impressive haha

Yeah man, i was just having fun with it... I REALLY didnt want to put "you turn me on" anywhere in this poem, just cause........ its too simple! haha. But i felt it had to be done...

Sometimes the most obvious lines are the most ingenious, I agree; it had to be done.

haha yeah it was off the top, I don't think it's a nice line haha I can freestyle a lot in my head… I think it's all the years of constant rap, I appear to be even better at it whilst intoxicated lol but I don't think I could freestyle for real.

When rhyming about anything, Common Sense is near flawless. I remember watching a show where Sway from Mtv was just throwing subjects at him like a hamburger and he would just switch the topic of his freestyle in the next line to be about hamburgers… really impressive. I have a lot of respect for dude. I'm unsure I could write a poem for this contest, but I may do… I may write one about my MacBook and how it is the love of my life haha does it have to be about love?
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Sometimes the most obvious lines are the most ingenious, I agree; it had to be done.

haha yeah it was off the top, I don't think it's a nice line haha I can freestyle a lot in my head… I think it's all the years of constant rap, I appear to be even better at it whilst intoxicated lol but I don't think I could freestyle for real.

When rhyming about anything, Common Sense is near flawless. I remember watching a show where Sway from Mtv was just throwing subjects at him like a hamburger and he would just switch the topic of his freestyle in the next line to be about hamburgers… really impressive. I have a lot of respect for dude. I'm unsure I could write a poem for this contest, but I may do… I may write one about my MacBook and how it is the love of my life haha does it have to be about love?

Yeah man, i get lines pop in my head and i like rush to write them down or it tortures me trying to remember it (i do this with songs aswell), and if i dont write it down ill know i had a good line in my head but ive forgotten it and it just ? me off...

Yeah i remember watching that MTV Made with C Ray Walls and he's teaching this little jewish kid to be a freestyle rapper and they are going through a supermarket just rhyming about different fruit. Common is pretty amazing, i been listening to his albums recently (i been into a lot of Dilla and Badu's stuff recently)

My Idea for the challenge was it has to be a love poem, but its not a love poem from you, its a love poem from 1 item to another item...

so a love poem between salt & pepper but you write it in the perspective that you are salt (or the pepper). So basically things that come in 2's. Like my poem was written like I WAS the lightbulb and im in love with the switch......
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Anybody still up for this challenge?? if so drop here!