• 2Gee4FourRoomz
    2Gee4FourRoomz Members Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    luke cage??
    smh
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    damn shame... one of the worst comic series in the world and it's still alive...

Luke Cage is over rated...

yeah....? is horrible
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    spawn....martha washington
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anime count? If so, I'ma go with Afro Samurai
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's Black Panther (which, come to think of it, kinda sucks right now with T'Challa's sister as the panther), ummmmm.....not too many have their own books. Most are part of a team (eg. Storm, Bishop w/ X-Men, Falcon w/Avengers) or someone's sidekick (War Machine w/Iron Man) ro both.

I wanna see a "Black Thor" type situation and have someone do Shango and the whole Yoruba pantheon. Wish I had the time (or skill) to make it happen.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sentences- the life and times of mf grimm

spawn series

thats all i can think of
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what about tyress dont he have somthin out Mayhem or somthin?? howis this??
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mr. terrific

Third smartest man in the dc world.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Static shock?static_shock_6yr1.jpg

GOAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^t
  • TheHarlemCrusader
    TheHarlemCrusader Members Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bayou's webcomic on Zuda is just tightly awesome, man. Thhat Brodda, Jermey Love is doing the damn thang, fo sho.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

Can we adopt Piccolo from Dragon Ball Z series? We all know the Piccolo is a brotha.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Static Shock was the name of the cartoon in the comic it was just Static... I used to read the Blood Syndicate and Icon and his partner Rocket that was also based in the same city as the Static Series.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Can we turn Apocalypse good and make a series out of that, we all know he's a brutha that originated from Egypt and also the strongest person in the Marvel Universe but why he gotta be bad? Darkseid is black too but he's a villian in DC.
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Yeah Homie!..

catch the movie? Sam Jackson FTW
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Blokhedz(the comics) and early issues of shadowhawk. Blokhedz can actually be made into a movie with the right cast & budget.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The only black graphic novel I can recommend is Unknown Solider. A very good series.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Marvel MAX: Cage by Brian Azzarello A mature -Modern take on the character before Bendis got his hands on him. A bit stereotypical in Cage's depiction, but somewhat enjoyable.

DC Vertigo: Sentences: The Life and times of MF Grimm-Basically a graphic novel autobiography of MF grimm. Even if you don't give a ? about Grimm, it offers a great peak into the NY/Hip Hop scene of the 80's and 90's.

Birth of A Nation by Aaron Mcgruder,Kyle Baker and Reginald Hudlin-"When the virtually all-black population of East St. Louis, Ill., is disenfranchised en masse in electoral shenanigans that result in a George W. Bush–like Texan governor being elected president, the impoverished city decides to secede from the U.S. Renaming itself "Blackland," the city becomes a wildly rich money-laundering capital." Amazon description. Ive heard good things about it tho.

Quantum and Woody by Christopher Priest-All tho this might be difficult to track down, the premise is that its a buddy comic featuring a stern yet extremely competent Black superhero (Quantum) with his White lazy and shallow partner Woody (which is kind of a reversal of these types of situations). A very critically acclaimed series in its day that tackled a lot of issues.

Black Panther by Christopher Priest-Considered the best BP run ever. Only problem is, its only collected into two trades. Now there is the Reginald Hudlin BP, but its not nearly as good in quality but its far longer and collected into more trades.

The Milestone/Dakota Universe-Dwayne Mcduffie + various writers+-In the early nineties, D-McDuffie (RIP) wanted to create his own superhero universe with more black characters. The Milestone universe was the result. Was very successful for its time and spawned Static.

there's tons more but all i can think off right now
  • hide321
    hide321 Members Posts: 22
    edited October 2011
    Options
    All the characters from the Milestone Universe were great. It was a diverse universe (not just black). And it was it's time. It was just misunderstood as "ah, comics for black people. Next!" which is unfortunate considering it was one of the very few comic universes that included a wide range of races in lead roles. What I loved about it was it went beyond the whole "flying guy, beam guy, black guy" aesthetic that many companies go by today. With, for example, the black characters you had your liberals, conservatives, successful, poor, ? , heterosexual, good guy, scumbags, etc. That's something you see all the time for white characters, but rarely for other races (especially black). Also, Static wasn't even the best of the characters (although a good one). So the "only good one was Static" is very off. It may have been the one that got mainstream exposure (cartoon, etc) but that doesn't mean there weren't equally or better characters in the Milestone universe.
  • get1cuz
    get1cuz Members Posts: 58
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I was thinking Blade....new spider man then drew a blank till i saw this!

http://worldofblackheroes.com/black-superheroes/

Black Superheroes

Aaliyah Bishop Aegis Amazing man 1 Amazing Man 2 Anarchist Angel Salvadore Adara Aqualad Azrael Azari Azzari Battalion Battlestar Batwing Becka Munroe Jessie Bedlam Bishop
    Black Light Black Lightning Black Panther 2099-K'shamba Black panther-T'challa Black Racer Blade Bloodstorm Blue Marvel Blur Brown Bomber Bulletproof Bumblebee Cardiac Kasper Cole Cecilia Reyes Christian Cord Christine Cord Cloak Computo Cyrax Darwin Debrii DMZ Night Thrasher 2 Drew McIntosh Eden Fesi Empress D-struct The Falcon Firestorm lashback
    Flint Frenzy Freedom Beast Frostbite Gabe Jones Gateway Gorilla Girl Greystone Hardware Superman Hotshot Invisible Kid Icon Isiah Bradley Jack in the Box Jack in the Box 2 J.J Thunder Jet Jade Green Lantern Josiah-x Kid Quantum 1 Lucius Hammer Lightning Luke Cage Amazing Man 3 Midnight's Fire Miles Morales-Spider Man Kid Quantum 2 Mister Miracle
    Monet St. Croix Mister Terrific Nick Fury M-Twins Night Thrasher Nocturne Nubia Omni Onyx Panther Orpheus Patriot Photon Power Man Rage Noir Rapture witchblade Rocket Sentinel Serge Shadowhawk Shard Shuri Slick Spawn Static Sky Panther Storm Synch T'chaka T'chana Tech-9 Tempest Thunder Titan Torrent Tyroc Tyrone Cash Unknown Soldier Vibraxas Vigilance Vixen Vox War Machine Windshear Derek Morgan Zawavari Max Cooper Cestro Aisha Campbel Will Tanya Sloan Jack Joel Rawlings Scott Trueman Ethan James Katie T.J Damon T.J Kevin Batman Syan Green Arrow Brother Voodoo 1 Maggott Wise Son Daniel Drumm Papa Jambo Papa Legba Dreadlocks Fade M. Guardian Dr.Voodoo Nighthawk Technique EarthStrike Rocket 2 Maquerade Buckwild Payback Bling Cipher Starboy Prowler Prodigy Zack Starlight Tia Thunder Fall Misty Knight Steel Sunspot Witchblade-JV Kaboomerang Tag Skitter Snowfall

damn somebody did there home work
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is something I didn't realize. The new Savage Dragon is Black. Apparently the old one die and his son is now the star of the book.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=3831&page=10

http://www.comicvine.com/malcolm/29-67718/