Twitter Argument May Have Led to Murder. E-Beef done Right?

fiat_money
fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Police probe first ever 'Twitter murder'

January 12, 2010 8:42AM
288778-twitter-murder.jpg
Kwame Dancy was shot after an argument with a friend over Twitter Source: Supplied
  • Friends feud over Twitter before murder
  • First time Twitter could be used in court
  • Man later shot in neck
POLICE could use a man's tweets about an ex-childhood friend as evidence in court to prove he shot later murdered him with a shotgun.

New York police believe the murder of Kwame Dancy is the first to be carried out because of messages posted on Twitter.
Police are now believed to be considering requesting Twitter provide prosecutors the messages that were sent between alleged killer Jameg Blake and Mr Dancy.
According to the New York Daily News, it would be the first time the 140 character postings would be used as evidence in a murder trial.
Police allege that Mr Blake and Mr Dancy, both 22, sent each other angry messages over a girl with other friends joining in the Twitter row.

Hours before the shooting, The Daily News reports that Mr Dancy may have taunted Mr Blake with a tweet: "N.....s is lookin for u don't think I won't give up ya address for a price betta chill asap!"
Mr Blake's Twitter account only once tweet mentions Dancy by name: "R.I.P. Kwame".
Mr Dancy's mother, Madeline Smith, told The Sun she was stunned to learn that tweets between the friends could have led to murder.
"That's not a reason to shoot somebody," she said.
"That's crazy. I don't know what's going on with that Twitter thing."
Ms Smith said her son and Mr Blake had been friends since childhood.
"They were good friends, that's the sad part about it," she said.
Mr Blake now faces first degree murder charges.

Step your e-beef game up.

Comments