i cant even watch tna no more

Options

Comments

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok, that wasnt why WCW failed. and btw, they failed because of the Turner/Time Warner/AOL merger, which restricted people like Bischoff from putting out a product he actually wanted to put out.

but anyway, WCW was watched by millions of people so i dont know why you think its bad for them to bring people back from that. many people (im sure i cant be the only one) stopped watching wrestling when WCW was taken over by WWE.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    ok, that wasnt why WCW failed. and btw, they failed because of the Turner/Time Warner/AOL merger, which restricted people like Bischoff from putting out a product he actually wanted to put out.

but anyway, WCW was watched by millions of people so i dont know why you think its bad for them to bring people back from that. many people (im sure i cant be the only one) stopped watching wrestling when WCW was taken over by WWE.

I never said that was bad. But putting some of the same dudes who helped ? WCW in charge at TNA???? Really?

And Time Warner was trying to sell WCW off at the time of the merger anyway, but the only people who were willing to touch it was Eric Bischoff, and VKM, And Bisch's investors got ghost on him at the last minute.WCW was ? dew from 1999-2001, most wrestling fans can agree to that.

All I'm saying is that these old dudes seem to take precedence over them creating new stars. Like I said earlier above, all of the TNA stars any non wrestling fan would know is the ones they didn't help create. AJ Styles been with them since Jumpstreet, and he's totally irrelevant outside of the IWC. WWE got midcarders and ? jobbers more popular than AJ Styles. Sho Funaki gets more love outside of the internets than AJ Styles, and that ain't even his fault, dude is one of the best wrestlers out right now.That's what TNA needs to be throwing that Panda money at, not no hasbeens.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    like undertaker isnt old...why does age even matter? Flair is still the most interesting person in all of wrestling and hes older then them all. i always forget when i come on here that its just a lot of black people and blacks are always unreasonable so i guess theres no point in me trying to explain or use logic.

? said Flair is the most interesting person in all of wrestling??? I'll refrain from going any farther seeing as how you're a white boy...
  • riddlerap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    ? said Flair is the most interesting person in all of wrestling??? I'll refrain from going any farther seeing as how you're a white boy...

a lot of people agree with me, but okay. he gives better promos than your favorite wrestler.
  • riddlerap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its really not the current peoples fault people like AJ/Samoa Joe and people who have been in TNA for awhile havent blown up. theyve been there for years and never did, you cant expect Bischoff to work miracles and make them super popular. btw, im an AJ stan, i love him, but i hope he does become huge, and i think he deserves it.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    a lot of people agree with me, but okay. he gives better promos than your favorite wrestler.

Flair was at one time the best on the mic... But I put ? like Austin and Rock above them.. Im more annoyed at the fact ? let u slide with saying black people aren't able to reason... But that's cool. I dont watch TNA though.. Flair needs to hang that ? up. Thats the whole thing. Taker is old, HBK is old, but them ? hung or is hanging it up. Flair still sticking around and he damn near 70. He should drift away man. I mean, really. Why you still around if you aint behind the scenes doing ? ?
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    flair is ? . he needs to stop bladin and wrestling. sometimes you gotta jus let it go
  • riddlerap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    esaeghdfndngxnhf
  • riddlerap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well WWE is not showing any progress, they got a new Hart Foundation? LOL. come on. none of the people in it even have skill as wrestlers. boring. DX got old like 6 years ago. Undertaker isnt about to hang it up, he just headlined WM.

WWE is corny, special guests? lol. since when do they even add to the show? i was watching one time during a TNA commercial and one of the special guests was in the main event, wtf?
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    riddlerap has done more than enough to prove he succs dicc in this thread.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't care about how old a wrestler is either. However, I don't wanna see a guy wrestle who simply just can't get it done in the ring anymore. Undertaker is older, but he's not Rick Flair old. The dude can still get the job done. I'm a BIG Austin fan, but there ain't no way would I ever wanna see him in the ring again and he doesn't even look like himself anymore.

I'm a Flair fan as well, but I think there's a fine line between him and some of the older guys when it comes to helping or hurting the younger guys.
  • riddlerap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iamkang wrote: »
    riddlerap has done more than enough to prove he succs dicc in this thread.

come on tdouble, you ruin yourself by dissing me in the same forum twice rofl.
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tdouble? WIgga are you high?
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    aint nobdy watchin this ? 0.7? really? really? i dont think so. hogan and bischoff gotta go
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    with the exception of the Special RAW draft last week, and teh weak ass main event for TNA last week as well.. TNA Impact is consistently >>>> Monday Night Guest Host RAW. WTF is wrong yall?
  • riddlerap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    with the exception of the Special RAW draft last week, and teh weak ass main event for TNA last week as well.. TNA Impact is consistently >>>> Monday Night Guest Host RAW. WTF is wrong yall?

theyre brainwashed. people really dont see it. WWE has had a hold on them for so long LOL.

believe me, when i first started watching TNA, i hated just about every wrestler, didnt like any of the angles or anything, and now i pretty much love them all. it takes time, and people dont seem to be willing to give it that.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    white_flag.jpg

Well, TNA waved the white flag and announced they're moving back to Thursday's

best move for them, trying to impinge on Monday's, an established night for one brand, was a dumb move. TNA really had their heads in their ? with a Monday night move. They actually thought they were competition. Hogan and Bischoff is a failure.

I bet they went to Dixie Carter and convinced her that Vince and the WWE are weak and they know how to him them. Instead they bring in their friends such as the Nasty Boys, Bubba the Love Sponge (LOL), Jimmy Hart, Scott Hall, X-Pac, and the ratings dropped quicker than Kat Stacks' panties. They don't even have connections to the younger generation of wrestlers that TNA could use for talent. The only plus they've done is convinced RVD to sign, and that was a given since TNA was/is so desperate to sign a "big name". Jeff Hardy only came because they're probably paying him well, the schedule, and TNA's desperation for another "big name".

It would seem that all the decisions that Hogan and Bischoff have made = FAIL.
  • riddlerap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its too bad you talk like you actually know what happens in TNA.
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its too bad you talk like you actually know what happens in TNA.

DO YOU KNOW what happens in TNA or do you speak as a fan?

I know what I see and I speak on what I see and the result of their actions. They tried to pull some of WWE's fanbase by going head to head, it didn't work for whatever reason. Instead, the move killed their overall rating, even by going earlier, it fell, not slipped.......fell. They lost half of their audience from the January 4 show when Hogan took over. I can't explain why this happened, but the majority speaks, it's too much old school. Too much Hogan, Bischoff, Hall/Nash, and Nasty Boys when they were there? Maybe, but we're just a speck of the overall watchers of the product. You and me don't count for what TNA is yearning for. I watch TNA myself, I enjoy something different, but I just wish they STOP trying to be what the WWE is AND with bad booking.

You may say you love the angles and people don't give them time, but truth be told, TNA had the opportunity to be their own entity long ago. They had their chance to create their own original angles with fresh faces. Instead, they've gone out and hired the same individuals that the WWE once used and recreated some of the same angles, with utter failure. It's not even drama filled anymore. You can see the entire angle unfold right when they start in TNA. It's just bad writting. But I still watch it. TNA has great talent in the ring that I wish they just focus on the wrestling, and toss the skits out the window. If TNA just did a 2-hour show where they just let the roster wrestle like the old days of the NWA with a little melee here and there, classic break aparts, and close up interviews, that would be a breathe of fresh air for them. But instead, we get a fake 4 Horsemen in the ring that all get tossed up by a single punch to the head by Hulk Hogan, leaving he and Flair in the ring..........AGAIN!!!! And this is what TNA brings to the table. We've seen this for the past 15 years, we don't need to see it again. And I think that's why the ratings fall and people are just turned off by what they see, they've seen it already.

When WCW was bringing in all these old names or names that already had their run in other organizations, WWF was establishing new faces (The Rock, HHH, Austin (revamped)), now the same is being done again. Instead, TNA had all the fresh faces and they didn't do anything with them, so they went and hired all the old faces to carry the company. They don't have faith in their fresh faces because they don't know how to write for them to get them over. Also, today's new talent are small dudes; so you have to work with what you have. TNA had the opportunity to build their company around the acrobatics of the new generation of wrestling, but instead, they slowed it down and went with what's already known to the masses and have already been done on a bigger stage. So why would you want to watch the same thing done over again on a smaller platform with horrible writing and booking? Yet, I still watch it before it's wrestling..........I grew up watching wrestling, I don't yearn to see it everytime it comes on, but I watch it nonetheless.

So I know what's happening in TNA...
  • riddlerap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wrestlers switching companies happens all the time though. its not as if its some new thing TNA decided to do. WCW took people from WWF back in the day and it worked, WWF did the same thing. i dont see that as the problem. the problem isnt the product, especially compared to Raw. just seems to me like people just dont want another wrestling show and wont give it a fair shot.
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't care about wrestlers signing to other companies, that's not the point I was making.

The point is that TNA had the opportunity to bring a new generation of wrestlers to the mainstream and they failed. They didn't know how to book them and their talents, so they went out and hired old wrestlers from yesteryear and free agents recently released from the WWE to put the TNA name over. Then they rehash storylines from years ago with the same faces, creating nothing new to watch.

NOW

SPOILER ALERT

At the recent TNA iMPACT! tapes for May 13, Hall and Nash won the TNA Tag Team Championship from Matt Morgan after Samoa Joe gave him a Muscle Buster.

So the trend continues with TNA pushing old talent instead of building new faces so the next generation of wrestling fans can enjoy and RESPECT them. Someone, maybe you, said in another thread that the TNA oldheads were jobbing to the new guys, what drug are you taking? The oldheads are dominating the spots on the show and they hold the titles to. What can these oldheads teach the new kats if they are hogging the spotlight and beating them all the time when they are past their prime? Nothing. It only builds resentment and disdain for the oldheads and TNA as a whole within the locker room. Then you have to deal with the general public seeing this on television and saying to themselves that this isn't anything I haven't seen already, and turn away.

The other night, Flair told AJ he's the face of TNA, and people say that AJ should be up there with the known names in this business, but since TNA has booked him wrong since going mainstream, AJ is just another small guy on the TNA roster who has skills but gets overshadowed by the other names coming in from the bigger stage. This is how everyone in TNA is booked and it reflects in the ratings. If TNA doesn't offer anything new, what's the purpose of watching it when I can watch WWE with a higher production value and more mainstream appeal?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL TNA is an absolute joke now. They quit Monday nights after only 7 shows (like 4 of which were half-assed taped shows anyways) and went back to taped Thursday night shows again. All this monday night war hype for nothing. And now Hall and Nash the tag champions?? LOL this is pathetic. TNA has the least amount of direction than any wrestling program, ever. Horrible storywriting. When WCW was dying, it was better than this ? . What a failure. They suck. I hope they move Smackdown to Thursday nights to finish them off for good.
  • riddlerap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    LOL TNA is an absolute joke now. They quit Monday nights after only 7 shows (like 4 of which were half-assed taped shows anyways) and went back to taped Thursday night shows again. All this monday night war hype for nothing. And now Hall and Nash the tag champions?? LOL this is pathetic. TNA has the least amount of direction than any wrestling program, ever. Horrible storywriting. When WCW was dying, it was better than this ? . What a failure. They suck. I hope they move Smackdown to Thursday nights to finish them off for good.

ok. anyway....
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok. anyway....
    * *0.8 weekly rating post**
  • KillaCham
    edited July 2010
    Options